AA and pilots reach agreement in principle

Now wait a minute.
According to the TWU and Levine, voting No meant you would be shafted and LBO imposed on your ass and every employee would forever regret not volunteering to take it in the shorts.

Oh yes, I forget, the TWU has the "me too" clause that although worthless, was sold as a valid insurance against what we are about to witness.

Reactions: 8 people
Now wait a minute.
According to the TWU and Levine, voting No meant you would be shafted and LBO imposed on your ass and every employee would forever regret not volunteering to take it in the shorts.

Oh yes, I forget, the TWU has the "me too" clause that although worthless, was sold as a valid insurance against what we are about to witness.
Dave do you know what's in the TA? The "Me-Too" has already worked once and will work again I am sure.

This is just dumb labor worker speculation, but I would'nt be surprised to hear that the "me too" clause ended with the pilots voting down the last best offer. Once the judge "imposed" the ask they will say the 1113 ended and these negotiations were held outside of 1113 process.So no "me too"! You were sold a load of @#*& and you will live with it.

Reactions: 3 people
Now wait a minute.

I am seeing the words "Industry Standard" associated with this TA. We were told by our union and their hired liars....errrr lawyers that there was no way on earth we could ask for industry standard. The me too clause???? hahahahahahahahahahaha. Don't hold your breath. Informer and Bob Owens and several others tried to tell you that the only way to get a better deal was to vote no, but local 514 put the scare tactics into overdrive and got 75% in Tulsa to vote yes. I hate to say I told you so but........................... I told you so.

Reactions: 2 people
Dave do you know what's in the TA? The "Me-Too" has already worked once and will work again I am sure.

You mean that we will DOUBLE our 401K company match from 5.5% to 11%?
You mean that we will have an Industry standard pay rate from Industry BOTTOM?
Please tell me that is what you mean by ME TOO.

Reactions: 1 person
I am seeing the words "Industry Standard" associated with this TA. We were told by our union and their hired liars....errrr lawyers that there was no way on earth we could ask for industry standard. The me too clause???? hahahahahahahahahahaha. Don't hold your breath. Informer and Bob Owens and several others tried to tell you that the only way to get a better deal was to vote no, but local 514 put the scare tactics into overdrive and got 75% in Tulsa to vote yes. I hate to say I told you so but........................... I told you so.

Let me add:
NO system, No station, No merger protection as well.
If and I say If USAir would acquire AA their is NO MERGER protection language in our agreement. The IAM is licking their chops to decimate the TWU represented employees if a merger happens. Thank you TWU for screwing the membership over again and again and again and again and again......
This is why we need to get those AMFA cards signed ASAP and file. At least AMFA will try to protect what little language we have in this so called contract.

Let me add:
NO system, No station, No merger protection as well.
If and I say If USAir would acquire AA their is NO MERGER protection language in our agreement. The IAM is licking their chops to decimate the TWU represented employees if a merger happens. Thank you TWU for screwing the membership over again and again and again and again and again......
This is why we need to get those AMFA cards signed ASAP and file. At least AMFA will try to protect what little language we have in this so called contract.
Amen

our comprehensive counter-proposal to provide our pilots with an industry-standard contract while enabling American Airlines to complete a successful

When the twu sold out its members and railroaded a yes vote we got our industry standard contract

WORST PAY
WORST VACATION
WORST SICK TIME
NO IOD
NO DOUBLE TIME
LESS HOLIDAYS

GREAT JOB

How much of an industry standard screwing are the international twu stooges getting
keep paying dues to these crooks and keep voting yes
we deserve it....

Reactions: 5 people
We made some decent gains in this round of negotiations. Some of the items we settled on are a disappointment, but they were at least structured in a way to salvage something out of it. i.e. we agreed to a 6 year deal, but the pay raises in the later years are tied to DAL and UAL. So, should they get a raise, we get a raise. Kind of a "me too" for us.

The last item to be settled on was scope. We ended up with DAL scope, which limits RJs to 76 seats and 78,000 lbs.. Still permits lots of codeshare. Not a great agreement, but far better than the company was wanting. We also got thorough contractual language in almost all areas - far better than the "write your own contract" that the company had in the LBFO.

BTW yes we still get our claim and profit sharing for those of you "experts" that said we were going to get the term sheets and lose our claim. Sorry to disappoint you.

It just goes to show how far the industry has fallen. The other airlines' employees got raped so bad that "industry standard" ends up being draconian concessions for us.

In the end, it appeared that we were losing leverage and I think our guys got us the best possible deal they could get us. This will be going out for a vote in about a week. Regardless of the contents and everyone grumbling over their sacred cows in the contract, I believe it will pass by a safe margin.

Best of luck to all. Hopefully we see some real leadership at the top and American Airlines will find greatness again. I look forward to the day where it is fun to come to work.

We made some decent gains in this round of negotiations. Some of the items we settled on are a disappointment, but they were at least structured in a way to salvage something out of it. i.e. we agreed to a 6 year deal, but the pay raises in the later years are tied to DAL and UAL. So, should they get a raise, we get a raise. Kind of a "me too" for us.

The last item to be settled on was scope. We ended up with DAL scope, which limits RJs to 76 seats and 78,000 lbs.. Still permits lots of codeshare. Not a great agreement, but far better than the company was wanting. We also got thorough contractual language in almost all areas - far better than the "write your own contract" that the company had in the LBFO.

BTW yes we still get our claim and profit sharing for those of you "experts" that said we were going to get the term sheets and lose our claim. Sorry to disappoint you.

It just goes to show how far the industry has fallen. The other airlines' employees got raped so bad that "industry standard" ends up being draconian concessions for us.

In the end, it appeared that we were losing leverage and I think our guys got us the best possible deal they could get us. This will be going out for a vote in about a week. Regardless of the contents and everyone grumbling over their sacred cows in the contract, I believe it will pass by a safe margin.

Best of luck to all. Hopefully we see some real leadership at the top and American Airlines will find greatness again. I look forward to the day where it is fun to come to work.

I want to thank you for the professional updates, attitude, and postings you provide here.

I also want to thank the AA Pilot group for taking the fight farther than any other group has in Bankruptcy, you guys should be proud of the Union that you share and control.

I just hope we can get a decent organization that we too control for the Mechanic and Related group. It has been proven the the Pilot and the AMT can and will stick together. We just need to get rid of our sellout leadership and join up with you guys in this fight.

Reactions: 8 people
Many of us were glad that you guys decided to put up a fight instead of bending over like our union did. Keep writing and we will keep fixing see you on the line...

Reactions: 7 people

Fluff,

No reason not to look forward to work, you fly airplanes for a living and get to work somewhere your boss isn't and avoid the 9-5. I have found in life that we make our own joy in life. Got to see what you do have, not what you don't and MANY would kill for your job. Remember, no job is perfect and plenty in middle management hate parts of their job too.

Appreciate what you got and be proud of your profession, if it was about pay and getting the perfect conditions as what defines a great job, docs have a shitty career for their first 10 yrs out of school and military pilots should hate their jobs. But they don't, so try to smile.

This was not meant to be a "quit whining" post as I don't think your complaining, just trying to help you see what you do have so maybe you can enjoy your next line.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Soon people from Tulsa who voted in this less than acceptable contract will come out to the line, and to a man, none of them will have voted yes. The new catch phrase will be we didn't do it like that in Tulsa. Guess what you are not in Kansas anymore Dorothy. Did the sky fall with a no vote? Did the pilots get a better contract? What we know is the company did not impose the worst and they did get more than the company was offering.

Reactions: 2 people