AA applies for REC, SSA, and CNF

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
American Airlines today applied with DOT to offer daily service between Miami and both Recife and Salvador (on a triangle MIA-REC-SSA-MIA route) and four weekly flights between Miami and Belo Horizonte. All flights will operate with 767-300ER.

Belo is the third largest city in Brazil and an absolutely killer, huge cargo market.

Has anyone else applied for new flights to Brazil?

Delta for ATL-FOR; ATL-MAO; and ATL-CNF.

Spirit for FLL-MAO, but they are asking for October 1, 2009 frequencies.

AA will also apply for July 1, 2009 frequencies, expected to be for MIA-BSB and MIA-FOR-BEL-MIA.

So AA and DL will likely be fighting alone for the 21 July 1, 2008 frequencies. They have combined asked for 26 frequencies and 21 are available. I would not be surprised to see AA get all 11 they want and Delta get 10.

So AA and DL will likely be fighting alone for the 21 July 1, 2008 frequencies. They have combined asked for 26 frequencies and 21 are available. I would not be surprised to see AA get all 11 they want and Delta get 10.
Aren't there two weekly frequencies from the previous allotment of 105 still available? If so, that would allow AA and DL to share 23 new weekly frequencies and guarantee at least 12 to DL since AA only applied for 11.

Also, it was rumored several months ago that UA might be interested in 3 or 4 weekly frequencies in 2009 for IAD-BSB service (as a part of their "Capital-to-Capital" campaign). Have you heard anything about this?

American Airlines

The Absolute, and Undisputed...KING,..to South America !!
..... he says in his totally 'rose colored glasses' way.

vomito2.gif

Schedule, eff 02NOV08:

AA 980 MIA 2120-0625 SSA 0750-0910 REC 763 Daily
AA 981 REC 1035-1750 MIA 763 Daily

AA 991 MIA 2315-0820 CNF 763 TuThSaSu
AA 992 CNF 2150-0455 MIA 763 MoWeFrSu

..... he says in his totally 'rose colored glasses' way.

vomito2.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OUCH..K, that Hurt !

The fact of the matter is,
that,
1. UAL is KING in SFO
2. UAL is KING in ORD
3. UAL is KING in DEN
4. UAL is KING from the USA to ASIA

1.AA is KING in JFK/LHR
2.AA is KING in JFK/LAX
3.AA is KING in MIA,........and South America.

Is NOT being boastful,..(Seriously)..........It's reality.

2 more rockets, should be popular bidding for IMA.
Perhaps...or the flights could be assigned to the foreign nationals. I guess we'll see soon enough.

I checked to see if these new flights have been uploaded to Sabre/Res but could not locate them. Hopefully they'll appear soon.

Art in IMA

Perhaps...or the flights could be assigned to the foreign nationals. I guess we'll see soon enough.

I checked to see if these new flights have been uploaded to Sabre/Res but could not locate them. Hopefully they'll appear soon.

Art in IMA

They cannot be loaded until AA has permission from DOT to operate them.

Service approved.

AA will offer flights to five Brazilian cities starting in November.

Latest posts