AA cutting 900 attendant jobs

There is no injustice... courts have already proved that with the dismissal of all previous lawsiuts... IT'S OVER ... move on !!!!!!

Of course there was an injustiice, the court decisions proved nothing other than a complaint was lost in court. Who are you to dictate other people's right to believe what they want? You sound like some backward country dictator.

I fail to understand the BTR deal. The majority of FA's over 50 years old have better than 20 years and would do better to take article 30 and the 25,000. Had the BTR been for 40 year olds, or simply add 5 years to your seniority, The amount of takers would have been strong, added in with the leaves, I think we could find enough people to avoid a furlough.

I sent a letter to Lauri Curtis asking if there was a chance of an offer that might be available to a larger group of people who are ready or able to leave. Her reply was sympathetic, but stated they have no plans to offer something different.

I agree totally Mikey, it is hard for me to figure who is being targeted.

Of course there was an injustiice, the court decisions proved nothing other than a complaint was lost in court. Who are you to dictate other people's right to believe what they want? You sound like some backward country dictator.
Go ahead and believe in what you want. All I'm saying is that the courts have proven no injustice. We must stand by the courts ruling and that is that.

On the occasion of my 1,000th post, I have decided to retire the TWAnr moniker. It has been over seven years since I had last non-revved on Trans World Airlines.

I got mine just before leaving on my 3 day yesterday (I'm on a layover in SAT). What's your new name gonna be?

MK

I got mine just before leaving on my 3 day yesterday (I'm on a layover in SAT). What's your new name gonna be?

MK
Just my 2 cents.... I think this really sucks , I hope that many people take the leaves. I have really enjoyed working with the TWA people and hope to continue doing so....

I fail to understand the BTR deal. The majority of FA's over 50 years old have better than 20 years and would do better to take article 30 and the 25,000.
VBR takers get better pass privileges and medical benefits than provided by article 30. In addition, they are eligible to get normal retirement benefits once they turn 55.

Just my 2 cents.... I think this really sucks , I hope that many people take the leaves. I have really enjoyed working with the TWA people and hope to continue doing so....

I agree with you 110%. I have also enjoyed flying with the former TWA folks. They're a great group of people and true professionals. I hope nobody gets furloughed! ShAAme on AA if they furlough anyone :down: .

Go ahead and believe in what you want. All I'm saying is that the courts have proven no injustice. We must stand by the courts ruling and that is that.

Well, technically, the court proved no such thing. They ruled in favor of the defendants. IIRC, all the court did was dismiss the suit. That could have been for legal technicality reasons without discussion of the merits of the case.

When I was in graduate school, there was a famous case regarding one of Nixon's cohorts. We were discussing the case in class because it had bearing on another business case we were studying. The Federal judge (who coincidentally was a Nixon appointee) hearing the case had declared the defendant not guilty. In class one of the other students made the statement that the defendant had been found innocent. The professor quickly pointed out that the defendant had been found not guilty which is not the same thing as being found innocent. We all know of someone who was guilty as sin, but through the efforts of their lawyer got off scot free. Doesn't mean they didn't do it.

By the same token, the court's rulings on the suits brought by the former TW employees does not say there was no injustice--which is more of a moral judgment than a legal one--just there was no legal basis for the suit as filed.

This post falls in the "I guess it could be worse" category. While not discounting the tragedy of our own layoffs, I was reading another thread this morning about Midwest Airlines.

They have grounded all 12 of their MD80s leaving them with 25 B717s which are more fuel efficient. However, the article link below mentions that they may be grounding 5 of the 717s also.

They have 400 pilots and 400 flight attendants (topic for another day: I find that extremely interesting that they have the same number of each). They are planning to furlough up to half of each group.

Here's the real kicker: the company is seeking pay cuts of 45-65?% from the pilots and 34-56% from the flight attendants!!!!

If you want to read the article, here's the link. Link to Article

This post falls in the "I guess it could be worse" category. Snipped...

That is horrible! Why would you stay at Midwest, if they do get what they're asking for in concessions???

This post falls in the "I guess it could be worse" category. While not discounting the tragedy of our own layoffs, I was reading another thread this morning about Midwest Airlines.

They have grounded all 12 of their MD80s leaving them with 25 B717s which are more fuel efficient. However, the article link below mentions that they may be grounding 5 of the 717s also.

They have 400 pilots and 400 flight attendants (topic for another day: I find that extremely interesting that they have the same number of each). They are planning to furlough up to half of each group.

Here's the real kicker: the company is seeking pay cuts of 45-65?% from the pilots and 34-56% from the flight attendants!!!!

If you want to read the article, here's the link. Link to Article

The Midwest story is tragic. Those furloughed have absolutely no chance at ever going back to work; if the airline survives, it simply won't grow.

I worked there for nine months. The FAs have kind of been insulated from industry realities. They took a very small paycut post 9/11 and the company's startegy regarding the AFA is that's it's better to avoid the cost of a grievance than to force more productivity out of the FAs. They have a very liberal lost time policy (almost ridiculous, in fact) and I witnessed many instants where FAs refused legal reassignments without consequence.

IMHO, the investment group that owns YX is ready to cut their losses and wish to shut the company down by forcing the employees into some sort of job action.

I guess my point is that at least an AA furloughee still have a future. It may be uncertain, but at least AA will survive this mess.

Latest posts