Article on AA profit sharing

Uh, no. CAL opened it's LAX hangars and HQ in the early 60's, not long after LAX opened. MCIE opened when MCI did, in 1972. TUL's widebody hangars opened in the 70's and 80's. It's irrelevant. Enviromental restrictions have all but eliminated LAX for overhaul (SFO too, why do you think UA is trying to sell the place?)

TULE was around long before CAL facility at LAX.

Doesn't matter if they're AMT or OSM/SRP. They still get the $12.5K and severence.

7500 x $12.5K = $93M, and that just covers the job security provision.

Salary for OH probably runs $8M per week, so add in whatever you think severence would be...

Round up for the 150-200 management/support staff who are also thrown over the side, and it's pretty close to $150M in shutdown expense just for labor. And that doesn't even start to touch environmental remediation....

I agree about the environmental issues in Kalifornia, but then why didn't UAL close SFO and keep IND when they had the opportunity?

Your numbers are pretty broad.
For starters half of the 7500 people have bumping rights so not all will get thrown over the side
You only get the 12500 if you give up your recall rights. I doubt many will do that. I maybe wrong on this but the only people who get the 12500 are those who have system protection. That would be anyone on payroll before 1993. If you were hired after 1993 that provision does not apply.

As far as management staff. Well lets just say after what they pulled on the last round of management layoffs I dont think the company really cares about level 5's and below. They will be lucky to get anything after they are shown the door.

As far as environmental remediation. AA has strict guidelines on environmental issues and housekeeping so that is stretching it a little bit.

Bottom line... 150 million is a far stretch.

But keep trying
;)

Your numbers are pretty broad.
For starters half of the 7500 people have bumping rights so not all will get thrown over the side
You only get the 12500 if you give up your recall rights. I doubt many will do that. I maybe wrong on this but the only people who get the 12500 are those who have system protection. That would be anyone on payroll before 1993. If you were hired after 1993 that provision does not apply.

As far as management staff. Well lets just say after what they pulled on the last round of management layoffs I dont think the company really cares about level 5's and below. They will be lucky to get anything after they are shown the door.

As far as environmental remediation. AA has strict guidelines on environmental issues and housekeeping so that is stretching it a little bit.

Bottom line... 150 million is a far stretch.

But keep trying
;)

Actually I the the system protection cut-off date is late 1997.. Pretty big difference.

Latest posts