AA Disembarking Music

AAfan

Nov 9, 2010
Hey. Just flew American for the first time from London to new York and I thought they were great. Can anyone tell me who the guy is who sings the song they play when disembarking. Loved the tune and would love it in my iTunes to remind me if a great time. Thanks for your help.

<_< ------- It's called: "Up, Up, and Away" by the 5th. Dimention"!------- Ops!----- Wrong Airline!!! :p

To the OP...I am an AA flight attendant. I once heard a song on the boarding/deplaning music with which I was not familiar, but really liked. I tried for some time to find out the singer and the song. No luck. No one seemed to know where the tapes came from or who created them. Hope you have better luck.

Hey. Just flew American for the first time from London to new York and I thought they were great. Can anyone tell me who the guy is who sings the song they play when disembarking. Loved the tune and would love it in my iTunes to remind me if a great time. Thanks for your help.
If you can give me some idea on the lyrics I'll check next time I'm at work!

Hey they lyrics were "my heart" or something like that. Starts with a nice instrument.

I think it is Phil Collins / Genisis
Hold on my heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYNcuNBNsR0
The music on the AA flights is actually pretty good especially for us in our 40's

Not that one but thanks for suggesting it. I'm racking my brains trying to think of more lyrics! :)

Typically, the music played upon landing and disembarking is the Smooth channel on the IFE (Ch 12 on most planes) and frequently, it's the first song in the rotation (apparently, restarting the music causes it to begin from the first song).

Here is the beginning of this month's Ch 12 playlist from aa.com:

Chris Isaak
San Francisco Days

Vienna Teng
Harbor

Cary Brothers
If You Were Here

Diane Birch
Fools

Paul McCartney
Put It There

See the rest of it at: http://americanairlinesentertainment.com/audio_channels.php

My WAG is that you heard Chris Isaak singing San Francisco Days, but perhaps it was something else.

Actually AA went for the cheapo version for the IFE. I was told by Onboard products, that they don't have the ability to program a "shuffle" feature into the program. So, as I pointed out to AA, after all planes have the system, every person on any AA plane will continue to hear the SAME song every time they land ALL MONTH LONG. Way to go AA!!!!!! Some of the bonus money could have been spent to upgrade the bargain basement IFE. Oh well, what do they care? I never see them on the plane or better yet in the airport. I have a good idea. Every time the suits turn on their office lights, they should be subjected to 10 minutes of the Smooth ch.12 for the entire month and then lets see how fast it gets changed.

I have a good idea. Every time the suits turn on their office lights, they should be subjected to 10 minutes of the Smooth ch.12 for the entire month and then lets see how fast it gets changed.

Yes, a good idea. And as you've pointed out, it should be the SAME 10 minutes of that 1 song that we have to hear throughout the month over and over and over.