AA Down Under and Trans Pac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be careful about characterizations you make of what other users are doing on this site.

I didn't jump on here minutes after the DOT's decision was announced saying that AA had won or forced DL to operate a money losing route.

meanwhile,
DL has been given the right to continue to operate the SEA-HND route because it operated originally within the legal requirements of operating at least every 90 days to keep the authority from going dormant while AA has gained a new competitor in the LAX-PVG market so that DL now operates more flights from LAX to Asia than any US airline.

those are the facts and that is an accurate characterization of what has taken place in the LAX to Asia market.

further, I think there was an outstanding issue on this thread regarding DL's LF on the LAX-GDL route.

Empty's an understatement.

LAX-GDL was running 55-60% LF's, and DL consistently pulls a 3-6% lower LF than AS in LAX-PVR.
and yet according to DOT data for Sept. 2014, the most recent for which int'l LFs are available, DL's GDL-LAX on a round trip basis had the HIGHEST LF of all operators between GDL and the US at 90.56% followed by DL's GDL-SLC route at 89.69.

even on a 12 month summed basis, DL's LAX-GDL LF at 80.6 is within TENTHS of a percent of the market average and above AA's DFW and US' PHX route - by 4-5 load factor points.

If E's statement is correct, we should know about it and he should provide the data to support his claim.

not sure what you are referring to but no I did not ask any posts in this thread to be deleted.

I have said which is the subject at hand that AA lost its attempt to strip DL of its HND route authority.

given that the popular business press used the term "rebuffed" to describe AA's efforts, it is not my invention as to what took place.

there is a DL thread on the topic of the SEA-HND route.

Given that so many people are preoccupied with DL issues being discussed on the AA forum, it seems more than a little incredulous that it has been AA people who have discussed the issue on both the AA and DL forums and keep the issue alive on this thread.

Move on. the DOT has made its decision.

AA and the people here need to focus on AA's next steps from the west coast to Asia and the Pacific which is the topic of this thread.

Please don't tell people to move on when you beat dead horses constantly - it's a double standard

fine... but tell me what you gain by continuing to talk about the subject, esp. since there is a thread on the DL forum.

It would seem to make more sense to focus on discussing AA's next steps in the Asia/Pacific region and from the west coast.

great... the competition will be ready

and AA can add to its string of losses flying across the Pacific

It's amazing how the moderators roll back the posts and everytime it's WT with the last post

i propose you close the thread

jcw said:
It's amazing how the moderators roll back the posts and everytime it's WT with the last post
Maybe because WT's is the one reported and/or is off topic?...

LAX-PEK would be an interesting add, but I'd rather see something a little more radical as far as China goes, like CAN or CTU.

Maybe TPE or MNL?

AA will certainly do well competing to CAN against China Southern's A380.

TPE? China Airlines' hub.

MNL? low yield but up for grabs.

how about profits on LAX-PVG first?

ICN seems like the best idea to help cement the relationship with KE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back