AA PDX-LAX Rose Bowl flight.

Glenn Quagmire said:
Until the moderators eliminate the forum cancer that is "world traveler", unfortunately this will be the case with every thread, every time.

Exactly!

Kev3188 said:
I shoulda known better than to get excited about a thread involving both the world's greatest (and my hometown) airport & greatest football team...
no reason not to get excited about a market that is of interest to you, Kev... but given that it involves a key west coast market and multiple carriers that are involved in key strategic initiatives, you can't ignore those realities.

I'm not tryng to be a wet blanket on a subject that interests you, but there are dozens of extra sections that are flown every day by US carriers.

there clearly is a difference with this situation.

It's clear on flight is blowing up the market - just like one change in wide body flying between la and MIA is dramatic

who said anything about blowing anything up?

are you on the internet because you said those kinds of things at an airport and they locked you up?

WorldTraveler said:
no reason not to get excited about a market that is of interest to you, Kev... but given that it involves a key west coast market and multiple carriers that are involved in key strategic initiatives, you can't ignore those realities.

I'm not tryng to be a wet blanket on a subject that interests you, but there are dozens of extra sections that are flown every day by US carriers.

Literally you can't remember two posts back what you write

Just in case you didn't notice - you misspelled a word "trying" in the second sentence - tough one that the uneducated can't spell - like you like to point out

now back to the regularly scheduled program

You state "given that it involves a key west coast market" - you are making it out like it's some huge deal that there is a random flight between two city pairs - just like you tried to make it into a huge deal that one aircraft change occurred on the LAX-MIA segment

AA is not doing what DL did to it's AS partner in the northwest with one flight - unlike what DL did with a hub in SEA - I'm sure AS is thinking with friends like DL who needs enemies

WorldTraveler said:

All that's missing is that pat on the head...

smh

jcw said:
AA is not doing what DL did to it's AS partner in the northwest with one flight - unlike what DL did with a hub in SEA - I'm sure AS is thinking with friends like DL who needs enemies
...and a one-off flight to capture a traffic segment that literally won't exist in a few days at that...

All that's missing is that pat on the head...

smh

unless you are feeling love starved, it is doubtful that it will come from me.

...and a one-off flight to capture a traffic segment that literally won't exist in a few days at that...
and again it is an AS market - one which AA has clearly avoided entering. whether it is a one-off flight or not, it is money that AA is taking from AS which would have rec'd the majority of the revenue AA is leaving on the table.

AS is capable of running extra flights.

Yes only you can project one flight to a huge fight between AA and AS

Yes only you can project one flight to a huge fight between AA and AS
nope.

I projected nothing.

I just noted that AA has obviously chosen to NOT fly two very key routes from LAX that are key AS routes.

The fact that AA has broken that stance - even for one flight - says that AA has to continually reevaluate whether it is worth their while to not fly key routes or elevate a partnership in which they cannot participate in the revenues of their partner.

To answer my original question. It looks like USAir is running a CMH-MSY round trip on 31Dec-2Jan. Maybe they will add a flight or 2 for the championship game as well.

thank you, iorfa.

those type of extra sections are common during Bowl season and step on no partnerships.

Latest posts

Back