AA to add a la Carte pricing.

I believe there already doing it. I jumpseated on them yesterday and was looking at the prices in their inflight mag. $6 bucks for a snack pack (I think that's more than us?) and 10 bucks for a sandwich! :shock:

I believe there already doing it. I jumpseated on them yesterday and was looking at the prices in their inflight mag. $6 bucks for a snack pack (I think that's more than us?) and 10 bucks for a sandwich! :shock:

Thats right. But now they will also be charging you for certain seat selections in Coach (by you I just mean customers), I don't think employees non-revving will have to pay which is good.

-Kinglobjaw

I believe that the most for the sandwich we charge is like 7 or 8 bucks. But according to the article AC has been doing it for yrs. I wonder how much longer before people start leaving the airlines and taking their own cars or trains? I think the fare prices should be risen and give free amenities like back in the 80s and 90s But would that work in todays environment despite the oil prices going down?

Of course, if you're praising NK (SPIRIT) for they A La Carte model, you would know, too, that the on-board/airport charges are irregardless of whether you pay $199 from Ft. Lauderdale to Lima, Peru or $899. So your choice is to pick that all the A La Cartes are poorly documented, or that they all are very well documented including US Airways. And if they are poorly documented, I'd suggest you email customer service to make more on-board announcements so you will be better documented. The again, you're the first to groan about too many on-board announcements, trying to work here, trying to sleep her, trying to file a DOT report here.

Just another fundamental example of business not being able to satisfy anyone. How nice, we have other companies. I was able to leave that "dreadful" AA to find US Airways- my airline of choice.

-Kinglobjaw

Of course, if you're praising NK (SPIRIT) for they A La Carte model, you would know, too, that the on-board/airport charges are irregardless of whether you pay $199 from Ft. Lauderdale to Lima, Peru or $899.

*cringe*

Irregardless is not a correct word. If you ad the "Ir" prefix, by convention, it would mean you're reversing the meaning of the root word, in this case regardless. That means you are actually saying something along the lines of "with regard to." I think you meant "irrespective" or "regardless."

http://aolsvc.merriam-webster.aol.com/dict...ry/irregardless

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

You're right. I did mean regardless. Thank you, Bobbie. :)

Although, for future reference, Wikipedia.org is never a good source. It's fun to read and check-out, but it's not a concrete source. Even ChaCha query bans it's folks from using it. Go figure!

When it comes to, Piney's comment- not sure. Hook me up with what? Travis? He's a friend. We email. I've never asked him for any favors. Clearly you owe 'The 15' a lot since you can't say a thing. Must have pulled a lot of strings for you. Nice folks to go out of their way.

-Kinglobjaw

a la Carte is a great way to go. You pick what you want and pay the amount agreed. What could be simpler?

...you might encounter tubulance if you charge a penny more :lol:

So are they going to sell beverages on board too? It doesn't sound like they are.

As far as US Airways' management, they think all the customer wants is to get from point A to point B on time and with their bags. So far we are improving our on time arrivals and we are losing fewer bags. As far as the checked bags fee, it is deterring people from checking so many bags which is the reason we are losing fewer bags. It is also cutting down on weight. As much as we all hate a la carte pricing, it is the way of the industry. From a customer's standpoint, it is annoying. From a business standpoint, it makes since and I don't blame Doug for implementing the a la carte pricing. This was his plan all along. Years ago when commercial aviation began, someone decided to give away free food, drinks, etc. on flights and ever since then that is what everybody has known and now that times are changing people are still expecting everything for free. Living in a self-entitlement society does not help. If you pay a several hundred dollars for a ticket to Disney World do you expect free food, drinks, or a premium spot at the front of the line of every ride? Do you complain to the people who work there when you pay extra for food, drinks, a locker, souvineers, etc? Sorry but it's not part of the ticket price. If you want those things you will have to pay. If you go to a restaurant not all people order an appetizer and a dessert. Just like when traveling not all passengers check 5 bags. Not all passengers want a drink. Not all passengers care where they sit. I realize you paid a lot of money for an airline ticket but don't take it personally. It's just transportation.

I personally have no real issue with A La Carte pricing on board just so long as I can get a reciept like on Midwest.

What I DO object to is the flawed value proposition that is US Airways current business model. Spirit was among the first to go to A La Carte and they make no bones about it. The policies are clearly stated and readily available for customers to read and understand.

Spirit has fares that match the A La Carte business model that US Airways doesn't and the reasons for that are well documented so no need to rehash here.

Put it this way. You want to charge me $972.00 PHL-BOS and I don't get upgraded and then you want $2.00 for a coke???? Two Words for ya Dougie BITE ME!

Charge me a fare of say $250.00 and I'll buy all the cokes I desire as long as I get a reciept.

I DO NOT like to pay extra for bad customer service, dirty plane and poor performance in general.

When you have one of the highest CASM's in the industry with some of the lowest pay scales all the fees in the world won't hide the fact that poor management is responsible for the current situation at US Airways.

Calling yourself a LCC doesn't make you one anymore than me standing in a garage makes me a car.
RIGHT ON! This is why so many eeople avoid US. Its ridiculous notion that they are a hybrid airline is RIDICULOUS and laughable. If you are going to charge outrageous fares- I recently had to pay one way fare of 895.00 from Bos to Clt- I should get as much free water as I want and a bag of chips too!! US needs to reinstate free beverages and charge for specialty items that are quality products. Jetblue once again BEATS US hands down. Not to be redundant but US needs to bought ASAP.

Latest posts