AA to add a la Carte pricing.

RIGHT ON! This is why so many eeople avoid US. Its ridiculous notion that they are a hybrid airline is RIDICULOUS and laughable. If you are going to charge outrageous fares- I recently had to pay one way fare of 895.00 from Bos to Clt- I should get as much free water as I want and a bag of chips too!! US needs to reinstate free beverages and charge for specialty items that are quality products. Jetblue once again BEATS US hands down. Not to be redundant but US needs to bought ASAP.

Or....they can rationalize fares so that the business traveler who pays $1,000 for a PHL-BOS walk-up doesn't feel ripped off for having to pay another $2 for a bottle of water.

Or....they can rationalize fares so that the business traveler who pays $1,000 for a PHL-BOS walk-up doesn't feel ripped off for having to pay another $2 for a bottle of water.

It seems like it would be VERY EASY for US to have an icon printed on the boarding pass of preferred members/certain fare classes that would entitle them to a free drink. I believe that is what WN does for its Business Select customers.

It seems like it would be VERY EASY for US to have an icon printed on the boarding pass of preferred members/certain fare classes that would entitle them to a free drink. I believe that is what WN does for its Business Select customers.

This is what they eventually will go to. Certain fare levels will receive free beverages in flight. Once the new hand-held computers are up and running, things are going to change....Bob you'll get your receipt.

WN's concept is very simple. When you print your boarding pass you get a drink coupon, which you hand to the FA in lieu of payment.

The point being missed perhaps, is that WN ONLY charges for alcohol, not everything, like US.

As many other airlines may or may not adopt alacarte, which by the way I am fundamentally opposed to, NO ONE has taken it to the level that US has, and I doubt that anyone will.

RIGHT ON! This is why so many eeople avoid US. Its ridiculous notion that they are a hybrid airline is RIDICULOUS and laughable. If you are going to charge outrageous fares- I recently had to pay one way fare of 895.00 from Bos to Clt- I should get as much free water as I want and a bag of chips too!! US needs to reinstate free beverages and charge for specialty items that are quality products. Jetblue once again BEATS US hands down. Not to be redundant but US needs to bought ASAP.
Anyone paying $895 for a relatively short flight should be in FC, and you'll get all the water and chips you want. However, a Chairman's Preferred paying $200 for the same flight needs to be in coach. Heresy on this board, I know.

My opinion of this gentleman not withstanding I would no more betray his trust then I would pay for an Envoy ticket for you to go to europe.

Since we are checking grammar, the correct word here is than, not then. Europe is a proper name, requiring a capital e.

Well I guess that's why I didn't get to be an all knowing, all seeing pilot like yourself

However you are correct.

Out of the way folks here comes a pilot!!!!!!
I believe he was referring to the fact that in Post #9, Bobbie decided to correct king's grammar, then failed to call you on your grammar errors.

:rolleyes:

1m3c8e3.jpg

WN's concept is very simple. When you print your boarding pass you get a drink coupon, which you hand to the FA in lieu of payment.

The point being missed perhaps, is that WN ONLY charges for alcohol, not everything, like US.

As many other airlines may or may not adopt alacarte, which by the way I am fundamentally opposed to, NO ONE has taken it to the level that US has, and I doubt that anyone will.

And WN offers alcoholic incentives to BusinessSelect customers. :up:

US, on the other hand, views their BloFares customers as the likeliest candidates to buy soft drinks and water onboard. Heaven forbid LCC should forego that revenue stream by offering coupons to customers who buy the outrageous fares.

Anyone paying $895 for a relatively short flight should be in FC, and you'll get all the water and chips you want.

On CO or AA, I would say yes--and maybe even a meal depending on what your definition of "relatively short" is...on US, no. On US, the fare would be non-refundable and in Y, e.g., PHL-BOS.

Heaven forbid LCC should forego that revenue stream by offering coupons to customers who buy the outrageous fares.

Pre-Parker and Post-Parker I made the suggestion that with the increase in use of RJ's with no FC they should give US1's some drink coupons every year. They didn't like the idea. CO does exactly that. I get drink coupons with my Platinum membership.

Anyone paying $895 for a relatively short flight should be in FC, and you'll get all the water and chips you want. However, a Chairman's Preferred paying $200 for the same flight needs to be in coach. Heresy on this board, I know.

I agree with you. However with the Tempe up-grade policy the $200.00 CP with be up-graded at the 7 day window since it is a cheap advance purchase. And the CP who buys the full fare $895.00 ticket on the day of flying will be in the center seat in the back.

That had happen to me several times, and I was told by Tempe that they don't hold seats in FC anymore for people who buy on the day of flight. They want to give the silver and golds a chance for an upgrade. So just another way Tempe sticks it to the high yield flyer.

I know it sounds like a great idea for our elite customers to receive drink coupons and I totally understand and agree but remember, US doesn't want our passengers to have drinks. Actually they think all you want is to get from point A to point B on time and with bags. I would be curious to hear Tempe's response on this. If it makes you feel any better, they don't even want non-revs to receive a free drink onboard.