What is A la Carte?

While I know this post will create all kind of attacks (which I probably won't read anyway), I have to say that a lot of us in CLT are looking forward to charging for sodas. I for one am tired of people ordering 3 drinks at one time. ( I doubt they will pay $6) I'm tired of throwing away half full glasses of water or coffee just because they took it on the service even though they didn't want it. A lot of waste will stop. Yes, I feel for the business man who pays a lot but I'm tired of our greedy society both on and off the plane. It is the reason I stay away from all inclusive or all you can eat places.
You know, honestly, the $2 soda doesn't bother me one bit. I could care less if i'm charged for my checked baggage (personally - i will never check a bag - if i can't carry it on, i wont fly with it) I dont think most business travelers will care either, we're used to this. Every hotel I stay at charges me an arm and a leg for the mini bar. You know what, I dont care, I pay the $2 for the soda, and if i'm thirsty, i'll gladly pay the $4 for the bottle of water that is sitting on the desk. Sell me even more stuff. I'd pay $2 for a nice bag of doritos, or $5 for a magazine that im interested in reading. I didn't care when the 500 mile minimum was taken away. I really dislike the miles match being taken away for FF members, but you know what - i'll live.

What I do care about is good customer service, cleanliness, and being on time. I care that the employees receive fair pay, and good treatment from corporate. I care that my plane is maintained, and that it is airworthy.

While I know this post will create all kind of attacks (which I probably won't read anyway), I have to say that a lot of us in CLT are looking forward to charging for sodas. I for one am tired of people ordering 3 drinks at one time. ( I doubt they will pay $6) I'm tired of throwing away half full glasses of water or coffee just because they took it on the service even though they didn't want it. A lot of waste will stop. Yes, I feel for the business man who pays a lot but I'm tired of our greedy society both on and off the plane. It is the reason I stay away from all inclusive or all you can eat places.
I also agree. I don't have a problem with it at all. When I ride the subway in downtown Boston, no one gives me a beverage, ha ha. Amtrak, you have to purchase beverages. I also think it's a good idea to sell snack items on shorter flights. The more money we generate the better. Maybe they can give free drink coupons to their DM members if this is an issue.

I also agree. I don't have a problem with it at all. When I ride the subway in downtown Boston, no one gives me a beverage, ha ha. Amtrak, you have to purchase beverages. I also think it's a good idea to sell snack items on shorter flights. The more money we generate the better. Maybe they can give free drink coupons to their DM members if this is an issue.

Team US....many of you DO NOT GET IT!

No one, myself included, cares about paying extra...I pay for popcorn and sodas at a movie. I pay for the better sound system in a car...I have ZERO problem paying.

The problem is....I don't want to pay TOP dollar and then get hit with extra charges.

The product is positioned as a "low cost, low fare carrier with all the amenities of a full service legacy carrier."

Yet, prices are MUCH higher (and most times non-refundable) then everyone else....and on top of that, YOU CHARGE FOR A SODA!!!

HOW does this make sense???

No one, myself included, cares about paying extra...I pay for popcorn and sodas at a movie. I pay for the better sound system in a car...I have ZERO problem paying.

The problem is....I don't want to pay TOP dollar and then get hit with extra charges.

The product is positioned as a "low cost, low fare carrier with all the amenities of a full service legacy carrier."

Yet, prices are MUCH higher (and most times non-refundable) then everyone else....and on top of that, YOU CHARGE FOR A SODA!!!

The industry is in a crisis man. Who said anything about US being a low fare carrier? Ha ha.. They've tried raising the fares but there is still too much capacity to make it work.

Where are you paying top dollar? Our fares are an exact match to the other airlines 90% of the time!

The industry is in a crisis man. Who said anything about US being a low fare carrier? Ha ha.. They've tried raising the fares but there is still too much capacity to make it work.

Ya know...you folk that work for US are great...my wife was on "the team" for nearly 24 years...and I thnk the world of you.

And this last post made me realize in great part why the group doesn't get it...its because you don't actually buy air fare...OF COURSE there is no way you would understand.

My bad....

And I doubt any of the Sand Fleas infesting the Sand Castle have ever actually purchased an airline ticket either....

Amazing

After purchasing 2-3 tickets per month average for the last 11 years out of my own pocket, I can tell you that the last thing I think I should have to do is pony up for a bottle of water, much less any other non-alcoholic beverage. If US is that hard up, just charge me $25 more on my base fare and include my one checked bag and drinks at no additional charge.

Now that would make entirely too much sense. The sand fleas in Tempe don't speak common sense.

Now that would make entirely too much sense. The sand fleas in Tempe don't speak common sense.

And it would be so much easier on the front line employees who will have to face the wrath and confusion of inexperienced customers unprepared to pay the $15 first bag fee, the $25 second bag fee, and the $2-$7 drinks!

Why don't they just have the US1/2/3 flash their membership card for a free drink? He!!, most of us comp them drinks in Y when we know they are Preferred anyway.