AA to add a la Carte pricing.

am i the only one who sees that dog's head on that avatar and sees boobs? (post #17)I dont mean to, but I swear it looks like boobs. I think I had too many frosties. Im sorry SolidCactus I love you. It's not you it's me. *brainfreeze*
You're funny... Its a bad picture. I have a cuter one. I'll change it :) I have no photoshop skills or I'd just make a cool avatar :)

You're funny... Its a bad picture. I have a cuter one. I'll change it :) I have no photoshop skills or I'd just make a cool avatar :)
oh boooo dont change it just because that jack-a shannon said it looked like boobs. youve had it forever! i feel bad now. it doesnt look like boobs i was just kidding. bad shannon!

hey, since im on the a la carte thread, i hear that charging money for premium seats, especially $30 on the TATL flights is working out REALLY well. And by really well I mean, *LOL*. Someone suggested I start some kind of upheaval about it, but I work at Wendy's and don't know how this has to do with me. Hehehe. Anyone with a beta set care to elaborate? Im sooo curious..

Is Southwest’s No-Fee Push Attracting More Ticket Buyers Online?
Posted by Matt Phillips
October 13, 2008

Southwest’s publicity push to sell itself as the “anti-fee†airline may be helping the carrier grab a bigger share of online ticket sales, according to an online market research group.

Last week, research firm ComScore published the results of a study of online ticket sales among large U.S. airlines. The research captured numbers for fares plus applicable fees, such as airport security charges.

The big finding? Between the second quarter of 2007 and the second quarter of 2008, Southwest boosted its already sizable lead in online sales among major carriers.

<SNIP>

Interestingly, ComScore also quizzed 1,082 respondents on their thoughts regarding some of the fees carriers have imposed in recent months. The survey listed a range of fees and asked respondents to say how likely they would be to pay extra for such services. Few seemed particularly enthusiastic toward the notion of paying extra for anything — no big surprise there. For instance, no more than a quarter of the respondents indicated they’d be likely to fork over extra for any of the services — such as meals, luggage checking or blankets.

Still, according to the survey, some fees are more palatable — or perhaps less repellent — than others. Oversized bag fees, charges for internet access and second-bag surcharges seemed the most acceptable. The least? Fees for non-alcoholic beverages, window or aisle seats, phone bookings and pillows and blankets. In each case, at least 75% of respondents said they would be somewhat unlikely or not at all likely to pay up.

Linkage to the rest of the article