AA to Outsource 737 Heavy Maintenance -MCI Closure

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Tulsa local management is reporting that MCI Maintenance Base will be shut down, the cfm-56 engine will come to Tulsa under power-by-the-hour agreement which will allow for outsource of component rework and the 737 Airframe Heavy Maintenance will be completely outsourced.

How many Aircraft Outsource will that be? 120-130 by 2007 ?

Good Grief!

----------------
On 6/24/2003 11:19:42 PM FWAAA wrote:

----------------
On 6/24/2003 5:59:21 PM RV4 wrote:

Tulsa local management is reporting that MCI Maintenance Base will be shut down, the cfm-56 engine will come to Tulsa under power-by-the-hour agreement which will allow for outsource of component rework and the 737 Airframe Heavy Maintenance will be completely outsourced.

Good Grief!

----------------​
Buck and Bob Owens have been clamoring for AA to act more like WN - guess this is one giant step in that direction.

----------------​
I believe my position was that the company has for many years told it''s employees that we need to be more like WN. Why do you make statements that are not true?

----------------

Tulsa local management is reporting that MCI Maintenance Base will be shut down, the cfm-56 engine will come to Tulsa under power-by-the-hour agreement which will allow for outsource of component rework and the 737 Airframe Heavy Maintenance will be completely outsourced.

Good Grief!

----------------​
Buck and Bob Owens have been clamoring for AA to act more like WN - guess this is one giant step in that direction.

----------------
On 6/24/2003 11:19:42 PM FWAAA wrote:

----------------

Good Grief!

----------------​

----------------​
That''s right...It hasn''t even happened yet and the TWUers are blaming someone else! Buck, Bob, this is all your fault. We know AA management does whatever you guys tell them to do.
Now seriously. If and when this happens...how can the TWU find some way of blaming AMFA? Because you know they will. It''s allways AMFA''s fault when work gets outsourced at NWA but NEVER the TWUs fault when it happens at AA.

----------------

Good Grief!

----------------​
this is only a Rumor..and take it as that. The hanger floor at PIT was singing ..Kansas City, Kansas City Here We Come.. the long awaited Mid West Hub...sounds like BS to me.

----------------

Good Grief!

----------------​
And you beleive your local management??? OH HORSE FEATHERS!!!!!

----------------
On 6/25/2003 8:19:06 AM MCI transplant wrote:

"IF" they do, they''de be the biggest damn fools in the Airline Industry!!!!We''re also running 4 MD-80 lines, a 767 line, a 757 line, and 2 mod. lines at the momment! All have been in the high 90% on time turn outs! Plus the 737''s, which have a 105% turn rate! All the above with aprox. 1700 AMT''s! The base still has room for more work, and can be expanded in the future! The Mayor stated at the vary least, they can extend the currant lease of $1 million @year! And with our current wage scale, I don''t think the could do much better! Oh! did you see where they''re adding about 50 new flights? More flights, more A/C, more work!!!! But who knows? They may be those fools after all!!!!! And if they do start "Outsourcing" heavy maintenance, do you think, by any streach of your imagination, they''de stop with only the 737''s?????

----------------

Not to mention there has been NOTHING in the KC papers about the base...and if you live here you know that they are all over that base and it''s future here.​

"IF" they do, they''de be the biggest damn fools in the Airline Industry!!!!We''re also running 4 MD-80 lines, a 767 line, a 757 line, and 2 mod. lines at the momment! All have been in the high 90% on time turn outs! Plus the 737''s, which have a 105% turn rate! All the above with aprox. 1700 AMT''s! The base still has room for more work, and can be expanded in the future! The Mayor stated at the vary least, they can extend the currant lease of $1 million @year! And with our current wage scale, I don''t think the could do much better! Oh! did you see where they''re adding about 50 new flights? More flights, more A/C, more work!!!! But who knows? They may be those fools after all!!!!! And if they do start "Outsourcing" heavy maintenance, do you think, by any streach of your imagination, they''de stop with only the 737''s?????

----------------
On 6/25/2003 8:19:06 AM MCI transplant wrote:

----------------​

Logic? How would logic figure into the decision?

----------------
On 6/25/2003 10:13:59 AM acmech wrote:

Surprise,Surprise, Surprise, Now why does the possible closure of the MCI base not surprise anyone from the TWA side? Given what American has done to the TWA folks so far.

American folks out there: Do not for a minute give me that bogus line of garbage that American saved all our jobs. They did not! American management will not rest until the last former TWA employee is gone.

----------------​

What did AA do to AirCal?

What did AA do to Reno?

What is AA doing now?

Does History repeat itself?

Surprise,Surprise, Surprise, Now why does the possible closure of the MCI base not surprise anyone from the TWA side? Given what American has done to the TWA folks so far.

American folks out there: Do not for a minute give me that bogus line of garbage that American saved all our jobs. They did not! American management will not rest until the last former TWA employee is gone.

----------------
On 6/25/2003 10:19:51 AM flaptrack wrote:

----------------
On 6/25/2003 10:13:59 AM acmech wrote:

----------------​

What did AA do to AirCal?

What did AA do to Reno?

What is AA doing now?

Does History repeat itself?

----------------​
You guys amaze me, American may be guilty of labor violations, I really do not know. However it is the the unions representing you collectively that have brought about the conditions of employment. It will be the TWU that decides (for the mechanics) how this closure is handled, if there is any truth to the rumor at all. I have been with American (TWU) 19 years and I believe out of experience, that the Kasher decesion as written will not be the final say. I could be wrong, but I believe that if the MCI base is closed that the Kasher decesion will be modified to accomodate what is best for the TWU and not American Airlines. Will the Kasher decesion be ammended? I believe it will. But of course this is all my speculation....

AirCal the mechanics were "Dovetailed" because they were already TWU.

Reno the mechanics were awarded all of their union seniority, which was none.

What is AA doing now? Hard to say.

But the hypothetical question I have is: If MCI is closed, the work is moved to TUL, a large number of former TWA mechanics bump to other stations, how will the seniority be handled?

Will those bumped at the the last reduction in force be called back first?

----------------
On 6/25/2003 7:21:42 PM Checking it Out wrote:

RUMOR-RUMOR

Knock-Knock!
Whos their?
The amfa
Kool-aid Drinkers

saga continues!
stay tuned for more lies and Half-truths

----------------​
CIO, will you please grow up!!

Latest posts