End of April Class II Maintenance Closures

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
Rumor has it that RENO will no longer be class II maintenance May 1st, any other closures to speak of?

Tulsa base management and union leaders reporting Tulsa based over manned by 600-1000 but they do not know what to do about it....

Lot of rumors about lay-offs in Tulsa and openings at MCI in hopes Tulsa workers will not excercise options to pack up and move. This will remove headcount without violating the wealth of protection agreements.

Seems the bad news is still ahead of us to this point.

"AT LEAST YOU STILL HAVE A JOB BROTHER"

<_< Informer---- Frankly we could use the help. But we still have people on the street, and MCI still has high seniority to deal with! But, I agree, just a feeling! But I also believe something drastic is in the works!!! Possible spin-off of all Aircraft maintenance? Bid for work against MRO's? Make all third party work MRO, with separate contract? At this point, I just don't know? ;) One thing I do know, our so called Union will be for whatever they come up with! :down:

<_< From what I've heard, The ALCOA 757 Cargo converstion deal may have ran into a snag! To properly service this contract, aa would have to recall people from the street. But it seems ALCOA can only come up with two aircraft at this time. Not enough to justify a recall!

Sorry for what may be a dumb question, but I thought RNO was closed awhile ago?

What type of work is currently being done? How many AMT's are still stationed there?

Sorry for what may be a dumb question, but I thought RNO was closed awhile ago?

What type of work is currently being done? How many AMT's are still stationed there?
RNO has stayed open for a previous 737 B-Check and now a 757 B-check that is done there. There are 45 or so AMT's at the station but 75% are unprotected by the finally released October arbitration decision.

Word is that AA got a great long term rental deal on the Hangar Space there and now they want to sub-lease it to someone else at a profit.

Tulsa base management and union leaders reporting Tulsa based over manned by 600-1000 but they do not know what to do about it....

"AT LEAST YOU STILL HAVE A JOB BROTHER"
They may have found a way to resolve this Issue, several pulse team members and management have stated if this grand experiment fails many toolboxes will roll out to Mingo!....Is the union/company hiding something from its members?...Naaahhhh!

They may have found a way to resolve this Issue, several pulse team members and management have stated if this grand experiment fails many toolboxes will roll out to Mingo!....Is the union/company hiding something from its members?...Naaahhhh!

When all else fails, lead by fear.

I left from Tulsa to Reno and I will go from Reno to somewhere else. There are only about 15 of us with job protection the rest are going to have to fend for themselves.

WHAT IS JOB PROTECTION?
A guarantee of a job someplace in the system and $12,500 moving allowance, but with many outs for the company such as force majeure. There are currently approx 650 AAers, and 1,500 exTWAers that are not protected with a protection date of 9/24/98.

A guarantee of a job someplace in the system and $12,500 moving allowance, but with many outs for the company such as force majeure. There are currently approx 650 AAers, and 1,500 exTWAers that are not protected with a protection date of 9/24/98.
<_< If anything, with what's happening in Tulsa, There's more than an even chance that protection clauses will be targeted for extinction by the company at the next contract talks!! :shock:

<_< It's really interesting the contrast as to what's going on at Tulsa, verses MCI! Tulsa too many "protected" workers, MCI not enough "unprotected"!---- Latest "Bad" news from MCI! The numbers on the Saabs has just gone from one line of twenty five aircraft,to ninty, with two lines! And to cover these aircraft, aa is moving three of our layovers out of MCI, freeing up twenty two line people. They will be moved to the hanger to help cover the additional Saabs! :shock: Apparently I was wrong on the ALCOA contract, the deal is still on, but it will be set back a few months. Other things in the works for us, and Tulsa. So I don't think the company wants to piss off the troops quit yet! :unsure:

Latest posts