AA/TWU/TWA/AMFA

----------------
On 7/28/2003 4:22:05 PM Buck wrote:

----------------

On 7/28/2003 8:40:25 AM flyers4 wrote:

so buck what happens to all the osm's if amfa gets in do they hit the street?????

----------------​

Actually if the current union is replaced in a representational election, the incoming union must administer the existing contract. When that contract becomes amendable, then it would depend on the negotiations.

Do you believe that the OSMs should be employed at the expense of the rest of the rank and file? What if the amount of work decreases? Should a union attempt to cure unemployment?

----------------​
i don't think anyone should get special treatment including amt over osm. i do think however that osm's should be offered a grandfather clause like all the welders and others that it has been offered to.i know alot of osm's that can make a amt look like a butcher and they havn't been to day one of school. is that not in it self considered the tallent
that amt's always brag about having? what about all the old no-licenced mechanics at twa that are on the amt pay scale?

----------------
On 7/28/2003 7:09:45 PM flyers4 wrote:

----------------
On 7/28/2003 4:22:05 PM Buck wrote:

----------------

On 7/28/2003 8:40:25 AM flyers4 wrote:

so buck what happens to all the osm's if amfa gets in do they hit the street?????

----------------​

Actually if the current union is replaced in a representational election, the incoming union must administer the existing contract. When that contract becomes amendable, then it would depend on the negotiations.

Do you believe that the OSMs should be employed at the expense of the rest of the rank and file? What if the amount of work decreases? Should a union attempt to cure unemployment?

----------------​
i don't think anyone should get special treatment including amt over osm. i do think however that osm's should be offered a grandfather clause like all the welders and others that it has been offered to.i know alot of osm's that can make a amt look like a butcher and they havn't been to day one of school. is that not in it self considered the tallent
that amt's always brag about having? what about all the old no-licenced mechanics at twa that are on the amt pay scale?

----------------​
It would seem that you are ignoring seniority?
Are you even a union member?
What grandfather clause has been offered to the welders and others? ( who are the others?)
Look like a butcher, what are you talking about? If you are referring about the skill an OSM has, can that OSM weld?
What about the old-non licensed mechanics? They receive no license premium.

I think the OSM should have received the tuition reimbursement of the 1995 contract.

Oh yeah, I guess the TWU screwed them out of that also?

Back