AA widebodies in STL starting tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look at how the flights are set up. The ones with the STL layover are 3 on 5 off. Pretty good by anyone's standards. Besides, if HNL and OGG aren't your cup of tea they will appeal to somebody. And if somebody flies them then someone else will hold what somebody would have. And many will be off reserve because of the extra flights.

Good for everyone, except us.

MK

ps - I got my new seniority number today. 22803.

Quality of flying ie layovers is a personal choice...some OMH some HNL....I agree, the line with the fewest days on..who cares about the layover when you are working 6 extra days per month...SFO-I HNL and OGG have 20 day months...you can keep it...to my understanding the STL AA lines are high time 2days...hope that stays true for you all out there as west coast bid sheets have alot left to be desired..

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]
[P]I got my new seniority number today. 22803.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Hi Mark,[/P]
[P]Hope all is well with you. I think you guys should negotiate the next contract to use your USAviation seniority numbers! Then you would have number 98! [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif'] [/P]
[P]Take care,[/P]
[P]m[STRONG]AA[/STRONG]rky[/P]
[P]PS--Flying out of STL on Sunday, I was talking to an F/A about this board. I mentioned you as one of my favorites. She knew you well and specifically commented on how smart you are. That removed any doubt we were talking about the same guy. It was Joanne from SJC. [/P]

Who cares who fly's it now. eventually AA will have to cross train everyone. You will find that some Intl flying will be covered by another base. The second MIA-LHR this winter will be flown by IOR and sometimes one of the JFK-CDG flights is covered by IDF. MIA crews used to fly one of the LHR-ORD flights and so on. The company only has another 3 yrs to get everyone at STL cross trained and from a AA F/A stand point the sooner the better. I suggest you write to Jane Allen and ask why they hold back on training. And in responce to Kirkpatricks post. I didn't see any proffers in IOR or IDF for additional people to fly STL flights. You have to remember that alot of INTL flying is losing daily service or is being lost all together. IMA is probably the only station to see additional service and even that is being covered by other bases.

It always been a AAers dream to fly STL-HNL.

Mikey, your youth is showing. AA actually served STL-HNL prior to deregulation, so while some of the APFA members who weren't even alive during regulation dream about it, there are actually a few who saw it on the bidsheet before.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/2/2002 1:40:33 PM TWAnr wrote:

[FONT face=Verdana]Why don't you check with John Ward and his minions? After all, it is the APFA Board of Directors and Executive Committee which are blocking the integration training for an AA ISL base.[/FONT][/BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
[/blockquote]

This is an absolutely false statement. APFA has nothing to do with training. AA has the capablitity to train you whenever they want. AA does not have to ask APFA when where or how many they train. Why don't you ask Jane Allen and her minions instead? TWAnr is not even a flight attendant and is just trying to stir things up.

[BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][FONT size=2][FONT face=Tahoma]----------------[BR]On 10/1/2002 11:07:14 PM FA Mikey wrote:[/FONT] [/FONT][BR][BR][FONT size=2][FONT face=Tahoma]For what ever reason AA wont trian the ISL staff for the AA 767, is beyond me. [/FONT][BR][BR][FONT face=Tahoma]----------------[/FONT][BR][/FONT][BR][FONT face=Verdana]Why don't you check with John Ward and his minions? After all, it is the APFA Board of Directors and Executive Committee which are blocking the integration training for an AA ISL base.[/FONT][/BLOCKQUOTE]

[BLOCKQUOTE]----------------[BR]On 10/2/2002 2:03:01 PM MiAAmi wrote:[BR][BR][BR][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]This is an absolutely false statement. APFA has nothing to do with training. AA has the capablitity to train you whenever they want. AA does not have to ask APFA when where or how many they train.[BR][BR]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][/BLOCKQUOTE][FONT face=Verdana]MiAAmi,[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT face=Verdana]Oh, really. The subject of flight staffing, and thus integration training, is covered by the seniority integration agreement between the APFA and American Airlines. In its present form, it does not allow the company to proceed with training St. Louis based flight attendants to work International flights out of St. Louis. Despite some grandstanding, consisting mostly of a letter by John Ward to the company to continue to negotiate the issue after the union blocked the training to enable ISL trips to be flown by St. Louis based personnel, the union continues to stonewall. That letter was written after John Ward announced in an Executive Committee meeting that the subject matter was closed and discussions with the company on that issue were over. It was thought, by many, to be a feeble attempt to defend himself from charges that he breached his duty of fair representation to the St. Louis based members of the APFA.[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT face=Verdana]To add insult to injury, both St. Louis base chairs were excluded from negotiations with the company on this matter and even from APFA Board of Directors meetings and a conference call which specifically dealt with the issue of furlough mitigation in St. Louis (such a training proffer would have saved 220 jobs). Don’t tell me that they were excluded because of the pending law suits, those have nothing to do with the issue of integration training.[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT face=Verdana]By the way, you don’t have to take my word on this subject. It is my understanding that it has been thoroughly discussed on the APFA’s own bulletin boards.[/FONT]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/2/2002 2:03:01 PM MiAAmi wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/2/2002 1:40:33 PM TWAnr wrote:

[FONT face=Verdana]Why don't you check with John Ward and his minions? After all, it is the APFA Board of Directors and Executive Committee which are blocking the integration training for an AA ISL base.[/FONT][/BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
[/blockquote]

This is an absolutely false statement. APFA has nothing to do with training. AA has the capablitity to train you whenever they want. AA does not have to ask APFA when where or how many they train. Why don't you ask Jane Allen and her minions instead? TWAnr is not even a flight attendant and is just trying to stir things up.
----------------
[/blockquote]

F/A TWAA says:

Actually, TWAnr is not just trying to stir things up, he is exposing the truth. I'm a dues current paying APFA member and now have access to more inside information, the APFA message board being just one of them. IMHO, there seems to be a an extremely vocal minority of APFA members (the affable mis-guided F/A Mikey and MiAAmi being just a couple of them) who have won the ear of the APFA leadership and are dictating the course of action that is now being taken. I firmly believe that the majority of APFA members are morally union-mined people who are either being misinformed about our situation......hence the current ISL intergration training question or simply just don't care enough to stay informed, since it doesn't personally affect them. The leadership at the APFA is not united on the TWA senoirity agreement. The pending and future lawsuits will only serve to further divide and ultimately crumble the current APFA leadership.

By the way, I would like to formally thank the APFA, which of course was dictated by the vocal few, for my new seniority number, which has now resulted in recieving my furlough letter.

You are right, APFA has won my ear and my support. I just don't understand you arguement. What is the benefit to the AA'ers if you are not crossed trained? I don't think APFA was eyeing the widebody flying out of STL as some golden route for the AA side. You will be getting it back eventually anyway. DO you really trust Jane Allen over John Ward?

The seniority agreement was passed with a 100% yea vote by the BOD.

You write this(the affable mis-guided F/A Mikey and MiAAmi being just a couple of them) who have won the ear of the APFA leadership and are dictating the course of action that is now being taken. and say that I am misguided. Think again.

You thank APFA for the possiblity of a layoff. No one else had any play in it. You dont want to thank them for the raises or the leaves being offered, to help keep more people working. No thats silly. The only way to make a TW person happy. Is to see a AA on the street.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/2/2002 7:11:33 PM FA Mikey wrote:

The seniority agreement was passed with a 100% yea vote by the BOD.

You write this"(the affable mis-guided F/A Mikey and MiAAmi being just a couple of them) who have won the "ear" of the APFA leadership and are dictating the course of action that is now being taken." and say that I am misguided. Think again.

You thank APFA for the possiblity of a layoff. No one else had any play in it. You dont want to thank them for the raises or the leaves being offered, to help keep more people working. No thats silly. The only way to make a TW person happy. Is to see a AA on the street.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Tell you what, I'll start rethinking my opinion when you start rechecking your sources. Let it be known that F/A Mikey and MiAAmi do not have all the answers. There are now some BOD members who are regreting their original position. Our dues money will now be spent on legal expenses fighting it's very own members...........just in time for when, (and we all know it's going to happen sooner than later), the company starts asking for concessions.

And as for the posibility of a layoff, yes, I do blame the union, because they have not protected me. What good are overage leaves and a raise going to do me when I'm furloughed?

From the start, the topics of most of your posts have been pure flame bait. However, and this is truely tragic, your arguments (and those of the vocal minority) for the staple job, have been based soley on misguided fear.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/2/2002 7:26:17 PM MiAAmi wrote:

You are right, APFA has won my ear and my support. I just don't understand you arguement. What is the benefit to the AA'ers if you are not crossed trained? I don't think APFA was eyeing the widebody flying out of STL as some golden route for the AA side. You will be getting it back eventually anyway. DO you really trust Jane Allen over John Ward?
----------------
[/blockquote]

So far, everybit of information that I have recieved from Jane Allen has been 100% correct. Can't say the same for the APFA. Now who do you think I'm going to beleive?

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/2/2002 7:11:33 PM FA Mikey wrote:
[P]The seniority agreement was passed with a 100% yea vote by the BOD.[BR][BR]----------------[/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]Not the ten words which were added by John Ward, in negotiations with the company, after the agreement was ratified by the members of the APFA board of directors.[?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice /][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/P]
[P][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]I believe that one of the Los Angeles APFA info reps, who is otherwise an avid supporter of the rest of the integration agreement, has been quite vocal on this issue and has been advocating deleting that unapproved clause. That, by the way, happens to be the language that is holding up the integration training for ISL.[/SPAN][/P]

Status
Not open for further replies.