AA widebodies in STL starting tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWAFA007: Right again. If only the APFA & AA had gone through what was promised in the courts & the purchase agreement they would not be in this position. Mike is right. The suits do have the potential to bankrupt the APFA & hurt AA. Again, this isnt the fault of the TWA F/As, but their own.

Mike says: Wrong again. You got what was promised. You got a better deal than anyone else in terms of pay and seniority. We are in this position because of disgruntled TW employees. Who feel the world, AA, and APFA owe them. Who ever they need to walk on, or take from to get it. So be it.

MiAAmi,
I have to wonder when you will start to play with the cards that where dealt to you.

Thats exactly what we are doing, playing with the cards that we were dealt with. Its the same deck, but the APFA got caught dealing from the bottom of the deck by putting the TWA F/As at the bottom.

Mike says: APFA doesnt negotiate for you until you are a member. I am sorry you think you deserve more than AAers. But until you became eligible and joined. APFA could not bargin for you. Dont forget it was AIM who fought out the single carrier deal. They kept you out of the loop and off our rolls. Dont eard seniority until you start here. Dont get union representation until you are a dues paying member.

F/A TWAA wrote: Well then, with that said, just perhaps you can begin to understand what we are going through. The whole premis that the TWA people are going to take away something from you is 100% false. Your's and Mike's assumptions of what COULD happen if we should get any senoirity is all based on FEAR......not facts. Try and put yourself in our situation and I guarantee you would do exactly the same. Enough said.

Mike says: I will lose when three to four thousand new flight attendants are made senior to be. This is based on reality, and fact. Not fear. I can put myself in your situation. I would not be looking to make myself senior to all the current employees, having just started somewhere. Some people would, I absolutly would not.

I think we realize by now that there are some TWA'ers that are not completely satisfied with how the buyout went. And I think we original AA'ers have been pretty clear on how we think it went. Can we at least agree to let the process take its course? This subject is getting a little old.

It almost like the same person is peaking in 3 or 4 different voices. So instead of 20 disguntled AA employees we have perhaps 5. See the post under the Come celebrate the first anniversary of AA's TWA purchase from me. Another anecdote to the pending suit(s).

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/6/2002 5:54:33 PM MiAAmi wrote:

I think we realize by now that there are some TWA'ers that are not completely satisfied with how the buyout went. And I think we "original AA'ers" have been pretty clear on how we think it went. Can we at least agree to let the process take its course? This subject is getting a little old.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Aloha MiAAmi,

AGREED! We have gone round and round. We have talked the whole merger/buyout thing to death. Lets put a kill on it. As you say, the TWA'ers feel one way and the AA'ers another. Let me be the first to say I understand where both sides are coming from. When two sides cannot agree on an issue they take it to court and let an impartial Judge or Jury decide. Thats what makes this country great. Im glad we are over the days when Unions would take baseball bats at each other to decide. Though, I feel sometimes, some here might like that idea.

I just hope that the AA'ers understand the reason for the suits. I am sure you all would do the same if the shoe was on the other foot. Its nothing personel just business and contracts. If, as Mike says, the suits are groundless and will be thrown out, so be it, I will accept the staple, no problem. You cant blame a guy for trying. If the courts decide to hear it and they decide something other than staple I hope you all will do the same. None of us have ALL the facts. We ALL have opinions. The opinion that counts is that of the Courts. This is were the facts will come out. This is just a process that we, living in this great Country, take for granted.

Im REALLY looking forward to the day I get to put on my AA uniform for my first flight at AA and we are ALL AA'ers. No matter what the outcome. Hope its not to far in the future. Peace to everyone. No hard feelings, please. When all is said and done I would like to meet you & Mike for a beverage or two in MIA. The first one is on me.[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']

ALOHA, 007

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/6/2002 12:11:28 AM FA Mikey wrote:

MiAAmi,
I have to wonder when you will start to play with the cards that where dealt to you.

Thats exactly what we are doing, playing with the cards that we were dealt with. Its the same deck, but the APFA got caught dealing from the bottom of the deck by putting the TWA F/As at the bottom.

Mike says: APFA doesnt negotiate for you until you are a member.

ALoha Mike,

You are right. The APFA didnt negotiate for me at the time of the buyout/merger. The IAM represented me and were to negotiate with the APFA about the seniority intergration. Carty, Compton, & the purchased agreement PROMISED a facilitator and meetings between the Unions representing both parties. You know this, but for some reason deny it. You know that the APFA & AA did not comply. Thats the fact the courts will take into consideration. I dont understand why you dont understand the reason for the suits.

You say that the courts wont even hear the case. That it has no merit. Are you willing to place a friendly wager on it? We will know in a few weeks.

ALOHA, 007

I flew from STL to OGG two weeks ago(in sept) the aircraft was LLC metal. I came back HNL-STL over the weekend and noticed the aircraft I flew to OGG on parked at the approach end of 12 with two other LLC 767's(one still painted in the old red and white).

From what I gather all Hawaii flying has switched to AA metal.

Service was great by both, the only difference was LLC folks did not charge for headsets and AA did. What's up?

Part of the 767 retirement stems from all of the TWA LLC pilots choosing to take the early retirement. The current EO package allows the LLC folks to get a years pay for the 767-300. If you stay your pay is based upon the 757 rates. As of 10/1 I believe 130+ LLC pilots chose to take the EO. Most of these folks are sr 767 pilots. No pilots, no need for the 767's, no training saves $$$, no leases saves $$$.

OCT. 30 TH Last TWA livered Airplane.TWA goes into that long goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.