AAA Alpa Thread 10/19-10/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you file for legal section 6 and he doesn't negotiate, I think you would have recourse under the RLA.
You're forgetting that the NMB will eventually declare Single Carrier status. Permanent seperate operations is simply not an option.
Problem is, now it's been determined the east was well within its legal right to pull out of JNC, what grounds could they put them into trusteeship?
Uh, maybe something about USAPA?
Plus, how fast can you spell new union?
Apparently a lot faster than the USAPA supporters. Got enough cards yet?

Well. I don't think that's quite accurate. I attended the pilot town hall meeting in CLT last month, and what Parker said there is that he will only negotiate pay for the east pilots at the JNC table. He also made mention of the fact that the west could open Section 6 negotiations at any time as is their prerogative.
You are technically correct. The end result, however, is the same.

You're forgetting that the NMB will eventually declare Single Carrier status. Permanent seperate operations is simply not an option.Uh, maybe something about USAPA?Apparently a lot faster than the USAPA supporters. Got enough cards yet?

It must suck to feel like you have successfully robbed a bank(East Seniority) and then there is no way to spend the cash. So many proclamations of how wonderful AWA and driving narrow bodies around the desert was before but now that and the jobs and attrition you brought isn't enough and the attempt at theft seemingly worked but not quite, so lets get the mafia(ALPA) involved and do trusteeship(racketeering).

Well. I don't think that's quite accurate. I attended the pilot town hall meeting in CLT last month, and what Parker said there is that he will only negotiate pay for the east pilots at the JNC table. He also made mention of the fact that the west could open Section 6 negotiations at any time as is their prerogative.

Ahhh... I hate it when the Dougweiser is so dammm accurate with his words. :lol:

You're forgetting that the NMB will eventually declare Single Carrier status. Permanent seperate operations is simply not an option.
Not according to Doug from a long time ago. I'll ask again, has anyone filed for SBU status? I know it's a mere formality, but no one has to my knowledge. Separate is still a possibility for a while yet.
Uh, maybe something about USAPA?
Thats a very interesting statement. And in your opinion what are they supposed to do while still representing the pilots at the same time? Quite a dilemma for them, wouldn't you say? But then again there is nothing for them to do until a filing.
Apparently a lot faster than the USAPA supporters. Got enough cards yet?
More than enough. Just waiting to dot the I's and cross the T's. :up:

I'll ask again, has anyone filed for SBU status?
Definately not. If either side did it would be a done deal. The TWA MEC tried to fight it back in '01-'02 but that only delayed it by like two months.
Separate is still a possibility for a while yet.
For a while...
Thats a very interesting statement. And in your opinion what are they supposed to do while still representing the pilots at the same time? Quite a dilemma for them, wouldn't you say?
What dilemma? The AAA MEC isn't even making a half-hearted attempt to fend off the USAPA challenge. I truly think they desire trusteeship.
More than enough. Just waiting to dot the I's and cross the T's. :up:
"Anticipation ... is making me wait."

Phoenix said:
Not at all.
Which part do you disagree with? Wishing operations can remain seperate permanently doesn't make it inevitable. I'll say it again: one way or another we will be a combined pilot group. If I were CEO there's no way I'd it be any other way.

What dilemma? The AAA MEC isn't even making a half-hearted attempt to fend off the USAPA challenge. I truly think they desire trusteeship.
Next time your east, pick up the latest MEC publication. The letter by Jack S. is a good read. So not quite "half-hearted". But he and they have been trying. I guess just not to your satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back