Abuse Of The Alg Mec By Alpa

GUARANTEED

Jan 29, 2004
The ALG MEC is currently as of 9 PM still at the meeting they were forced to attend by Duane Woerth at ALPA Headquarters in DC which started at 1PM today. They are forbidden to have food and even go to the bathroom by Paul Rice. They have been there for over 8 hours and they have been threatened with Article 8 charges if they even leave to go to the bathroom. They have also been threatened 8 TIMES with personal law suits!!!!!! ALPA wants them to sign an unfinished LOA and they won't do it. This is ABUSE!!!!!!!!!

:down: i voted yes in aug of 2002 and see where it got me .there better off if they walk out the door and go have a beer thats exactly what i would do.

Are they trying to torture them? Maybe they will lock them in a room, and play Men Without Hats records over and over. Now thats torture.

Oh wait. The work for a US W/O. They already know torture.

I must know 100 of these pilots , i told them so a 100 times there better off to drive a bus .I feel sorry for these guys.when i worked for ALG and alg express 25 yrs ago it was one hell of a airline,

Why is Duane Woerth suddenly so interested in ALG? Aren't these the guys he ignored so much in the past, that a group of them have brought legal action against him and ALPA?

Maybe it's something personal! He sure seems to want to push the merger through, on the company's terms, which require the pilots to give up all the rights of their ALPA working agreement, for some reason!

This could be interesting!

Guys,

If you read the article "Asset sale at airline no longer in focus" you may get some insight into this situation.

Could it be that the company is under pressure to raise cash, which puts the U MEC under pressure, which puts ALPA national under pressure, which puts ALG under pressure?

Just speculation.

A senior old-timer wishing you luck,

Jim

If I am not wrong, it has alread been announced that the merger between PDT and ALG is going to happen, in spite of yet unsettled differences with some work groups.

Why it it a requirement that the ALG Pilots give up all the protection in their working agreement?

Correction to my prior post, they let them use the bathroom after 4 hours, but no food breaks were permitted. The article 8 and law suit threats were throughout the meeting not bathroom specific.

GUARANTEED said:
The ALG MEC is currently as of 9 PM still at the meeting they were forced to attend by Duane Woerth at ALPA Headquarters in DC which started at 1PM today. They are forbidden to have food and even go to the bathroom by Paul Rice. They have been there for over 8 hours and they have been threatened with Article 8 charges if they even leave to go to the bathroom. They have also been threatened 8 TIMES with personal law suits!!!!!! ALPA wants them to sign an unfinished LOA and they won't do it. This is ABUSE!!!!!!!!!
uhm, couldn't that be construed as illeagel?
maybe the mec should sue worth and rice for infringing on their civil rights or something lol

OldpropGuy said:
If I am not wrong, it has alread been announced that the merger between PDT and ALG is going to happen, in spite of yet unsettled differences with some work groups.

Why it it a requirement that the ALG Pilots give up all the protection in their working agreement?
In fact there are 2 scenarios presented to PDT and AGL.

Scenario A, Merger: All unions within PDT and AGL agree upon mutual terms. This scenario generally would allow the orderly transition of AGL employees into PDT on a basis under which AGL employees would retain their seniority and longevity rights within the PDT agreements, or

Scenario B, ASSET TRANFER: Up to 18 AGL DHC-8-100s would be transfered to PDT. Almost all AGL employees would be furloughed or terminated. Former AGL employees would be entitled to preferential hiring at PDT, with no guarantee of employment. If PDT elected to hire former AGL employees, they would become new hires with no accrued seniorlity or longevity.

This is simply coming down to an issue of, do you want to be employed and continue to flying, or do you want to be unemployed and not fly.

FM2436 -"This is simply coming down to an issue of, do you want to be employed and continue to flying, or do you want to be unemployed and not fly."

The issue is why dissolve a 20 year CBA for nothing? The issue here is why would Woerth place Alpa in this position? The ramifications of his actions will be reflected in Alpa negotiations and litigation for years. Alpa doesn't care about the ALG jobs, they do care about the ALG certificate, LOA 83, and the R. White DFR legal proceedings.

FM2436 said:
OldpropGuy said:

In fact there are 2 scenarios presented to PDT and AGL.

Scenario A, Merger: All unions within PDT and AGL agree upon mutual terms. This scenario generally would allow the orderly transition of AGL employees into PDT on a basis under which AGL employees would retain their seniority and longevity rights within the PDT agreements, or

Scenario B, ASSET TRANFER: Up to 18 AGL DHC-8-100s would be transfered to PDT. Almost all AGL employees would be furloughed or terminated. Former AGL employees would be entitled to preferential hiring at PDT, with no guarantee of employment. If PDT elected to hire former AGL employees, they would become new hires with no accrued seniorlity or longevity.

This is simply coming down to an issue of, do you want to be employed and continue to flying, or do you want to be unemployed and not fly.
I think you have overly simplified things here. As I said, the announcement has already been made that these airlines will merge. It's known that an asset transfer would be too expensive and disruptive for the company.

This announcement was made, even after PDT pilots refused the ridiculous company demands. There is nothing stopping a merger according to the current working agreements!

Something else is up.

Latest posts