Corruption At Alpa

The PDT/ALG 'Merger' is not in fact a Merger but a concessionary consolidation with the added threat that if ALG doesn't agree to the concessions, an Asset Transfer will occur and Allegheny employees will be laid off with the possibility of being offered a new-hire position at PDT.

The least worrisome concession for consolidation is that the ALG Pilots must agree to forgo the usual ability to negotiate a combined contract and accept all provisions of the PDT Contract.

The biggest and most offensive concession though is that the ALG pilots must agree to waive Section 1 of their contract, thereby losing all claim to present and future flying of Allegheny Airlines. If the ALG Pilots agree to this then Allegheny Airlines can immediately take delivery of the CRJ-700 and begin proving runs. Of course the Allegheny Pilot group as it is today will have no claim on the flying of that aircraft and the APL may be offered positions at ALG to occupy the CRJ at 100% staffing.

Nobody wants to hinder opportunities for the APL pilots, but shunting the ALG pilots into oblivion to make way for the APL is not right.

ALPA National is pushing hard for this. Much, much harder than the Company. :angry:

February 2, 2004

TO ALL ALG MEC OFFICERS AND MEMBERS OF THE ALG MEC

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 3D(1) of the ALPA Constitution and By-Laws, I am calling a special meeting of the ALG Master Executive Council to be held on Wednesday, February 4, 2004 beginning at 1:00 p.m. and continuing until business on the stated agenda is concluded at the Washington, D.C. Home Office of the Association, 1625 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, Conference Room 2, with the following agenda:

• Action on formal ratification of the Piedmont Merger Letter(s) of Agreement

I am designating Captain Paul Rice, Secretary of the Association, as my representative to coordinate arrangements and be in attendance at this meeting on my behalf. Captain Rice will work with the MEC officers to arrange for flight release and to make any necessary hotel and other logistical arrangements. It is expected that all ALG MEC members and MEC officers or your duly designated proxies will comply with your obligations under the Constitution and By-Laws and be in attendance for the entire MEC meeting. In this respect, your attention is directed to Article I, Section 14 of the Constitution and By-Laws, which states:

SECTION 14 - REPRESENTATION OF ALL MEMBERS Representation of all members of the Association at any duly called meeting of the Board of Directors, Executive Board and Master Executive Council is mandatory. Elected representatives may be considered as acting against the best interest of the Association if they fail to represent, or arrange for representation of their constituents.

Sincerely,

Duane E. Woerth

President