Alpa In Trouble

I am told that LOA 91 has not been signed because of threatened Legal action by Allegheny and also Piedmont Pilots, whose Restructuring Agreements would effectively be rewritten by the Mainline ALPA generated LOA 91.

I am also told that unless the ALG and PDT Pilots are made whole for this idiotic but familiar oversight of ALPA National, the AAA MEC and Duane Woerth, then LOA 91 will be tied up in the Federal Court system for some time.

ALPA really messed up on this one, as they always do, but somebody called them on it before the damage was done.

So now if ALPA doesn't fix their own mess, will the company be forced to go to Bankruptcy #2 to get the LOA 91 reliefs?

Or will GECAS just pull the plug on E170 financing?

Either way I'm not sure the ALG and PDT Pilots give a damn about the survival of US Airways, since Management and the AAA Pilots passed a death sentence on them long ago. Their careers at US Airways are already dead! :down:

It looks like Duane got a little too greedy and is trying to hose the WO'ed pilots one time too many.

It's an Association of predominantly ex-military highly paid mainline pilots, who let the underclass riff-raff predominantly civilian regional pilots join with an associate membership in order to control them.

It is most definitely not a Union.

More a Club with preferred members. :down:

But the highly paid mainline Pilot is an endangered species, while the numbers of poorly paid 'Regional' pilots are growing exponentially.

The rich white men may shortly be overrun by the poor black kids! :up:

BlackOps said:
Our MEC Strikes Again!

Duane Woerth has not and cannot sign LOA 91 because of potential Duty of Fair Representation liability with Allegheny and Piedmont who have contractual rights to Group financed RJs. ALPA and Group are currently leaning hard on the ALG and PDT MEC leadership to sign a LOA that will further erode those rights... but they are not giving in. If ALG and PDT don't sign their lives away (again) then Woerth won't sign it... otherwise he would have already.

If our MEC had included ALG and PDT in negotiating 91, then maybe we wouldn't be in this situation. IF our MEC really cared about the APL pilots, then they would have required that all of the MDA instructors be on the seniority list and not obligated to MDA management who have them their jobs (we have 2 year APL pilots as check airmen and instructors). Not one instructor or check airman is on the MDA seniority list.

Hope GE doesn't get more nervous than it already is.
Are you trying to be sneaky? OUR MEC strikes again? Oh well, no matter...
Rick, it's nice to see you staying involved.

ABO ;)

OldpropGuy:

It appears that the old "it's all about me" senior pilot attitude, of some, may have hit a snag here.

I think you have something there. For years we have used small jets as a bargaining chip, much to our detrement. We're 1000 legs behind our competitors small jet feed. It is no wonder GE is nervous.

BlackOps said:
IF our MEC really cared about the APL pilots, then they would have required that all of the MDA instructors be on the seniority list and not obligated to MDA management who have them their jobs (we have 2 year APL pilots as check airmen and instructors). Not one instructor or check airman is on the MDA seniority list.

This is completely false. Every instructor and Check Airman at MDA is on the MDA seniority list. I'm not sure where you get your information from, but the source is not correct. Nice job of making it sound real though.

It is ironic that Delta, ASA, and Comair have forced this issue since all have benefitted from Delta pilots very liberal allowances of RJs for many years. ASA and Comair are some of the largest RJ operators in the world while Delta has the largest RJ fleet in the world.

There was an article in the Dallas newspaper recently stating that the era of RJs has peaked and is on its way down. Perhaps its true.

WorldTraveler said:
There was an article in the Dallas newspaper recently stating that the era of RJs has peaked and is on its way down. Perhaps its true.
I sure hope so. Whatever happened to those days when DC-9s were used for those sorts of markets? :(

WorldTraveler said:
The 70-100 seat jet, at Rj costs, is the next revolution. Mainline product at Express costs. US Airways can be at the forefront of this with the Embraers (plus years of experience with similar sized aircraft) if they do it right. Most signs so far show they'll fudge it up as usual though (branding it as Express, trying to outsource to multiple operators making operations inconsistent and inflexible.)

Yes, branding the E170 with Express was another idiotic move by the marketing genii at CCY.

They already had the bottom feeder pay rates for all work groups, so why call it Express. To give the passengers an opportunity to consider it something less than an Airbus with a few more seats? :blink:

Calling something Express is not branding, it's stigmatizing.

Well Done US Airways. Marketing Midgets. :down: