AFA Labor Discussion (Work Conditions) 7-7 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
The letter posted above was powerfully informative, and spot on as far as the issues that she is opposed to. What I would like to have read more of is how she would contractually improve the standard of living for our reserves as well as our blockholders. What is she and her supporters providing as an alternative to Flores/Austin? I'm open and all ears to anyone that can improve the standard of living for all of us on the property.

Yes...there are much better, more knowledgable, intelligent, passionate negotiators that know and are up to speed on every single item in the current agreement as well as what is being negotiated (given away) by your current negotiators and sitting MEC:

1. Lynne Caramello
2. Rob Wessinger
3. Michael Elas
4. Celine Deluca
5. Sara Fischer
6. Mark Gentile
7. Terry Graf
8. John Humphries
9. Buddy Brannon

These are the folks I have worked with, very passionate about the contract and prtecting language as well as negotiating and understanding the history/past work conditions over 3 decades.

Recent example of the ineptness of your Current MEC President and voting members of the MEC:

The just settled a grievance (sideletter 44) of your current contract which now changes those f/as who have more than 10 years to having no more pass privileges. A simple no cost item taken away because the company wanted it, was violating it, having disabled f/as pay for their tickets, and the MEC went along with it. Joh McCorkey (lazy president of PHL) wrote out to some f/as saying that the language was ambiguous because it states (according to "compay policy). What this LEC president doesn't know is THIS IS WHY THE LANGUAGE IS PART OF THE CONTRACT, TO ESURE THAT IT CAN'T CHANGE UNLESS THE CONTRACT IS OPEN AND IT IS RENEGOTIATED.

I am sure many of you can site many things wrong with your current reps (who need taken out of office one at a time). Ask your

1. Ask your AFA MEC Grievance Chair what her monthlly AFA pay is and why she is taking 105 International pay when she too, was Never grandfathered in or "red circled" iin 2005 to have 105 pay??? Same as John McCorkle who was never red circled and should not have that option of taking 105 hours of flight loss pay.

Your MEC Grievance chair has not gone through recurrent training as outlined in the MEC Policy and Procedure, but still takes 105 International pay. The Chairs are required to go to recurrent.
But I will surely bet, they protect one another, and they will find some excuse to circumvent the member who asks and investigates these issues. Hopefully, when someone runs against these folks, these AFA pay and expenses will be handed over to the members when they ask for it..as required by the constitution giving full disclosure. If they don't..throw them OUT!

Here I am with another rant.... guys all need to ban together and start ousting these folks as they come up for reelection. The company has the ability to walk all over these reps and no one has any protection of language if these folks let these issues go by. A monkey without any know how could do better and accomplish more than they.

Reactions: 1 person
Wonder who will rock the Boats when this Fall the MEC will run for re-election..........Remember Flores,Brannon,Mc Cormick.Will it be LeCarre challenging Flores Mc Corkle versus Brannon......................what do you know

McCorkey should have been fired years ago, and was just about ready to get the boot, but AFA saved him from getting bootted to the street for his newsletters (which as everyone should note hasn't written one since he got his job saved).

The guy doesn't want to work, but will rely on Anne, Alin and HIS vote (PHL) to try to take Buddy's position as MEC VP. John McCorkle has NO HISTORY with this union, doens't know the history or the contract, just puts people in place in theoffice to cover for him so that he doesn't have to answer anything...and stays under the radar.

you all should be screaming in CLT and DCA to not vote for John mcCorkle...cause he will keep his seat as LECP in pHL and take the seat as MEC VP as well.

MAJOR MISTAKE, AND THE AFA WILL HAVE NO RESPECT AT ALL FOR THE AFA UNION. Mike Flores is a puppet for McCorkle and is more afraid of being ousted out by John McCorkle's "recall" ability than in doing the right things by the f/as.

Out of all the AFA union reps you have on the East, John McCorkle is the most dangerous and the one to target OUT OF OFFICE. John always hated AFA for the entire 25 years I was there and he was on the property...wrote out terrible newsletters against all unions, unionizing and AFA, and now he is in those seats.

Wake up PEOPLE...you have the power to align youselves and RUN FOR THESE SEATS!!!!!! The MEC VP seat will go to John McCorkle because he alone has the ability to unseat Buddy Brannon who is the greatest historian AFA at USAirways ever had and a true rep!!! I know, i worked with him.

McCorkle will control these elections... Anne can't get him out and there are now only 3 voting members of the MEC... PHL, CLT, and DCA, and Alin is a total waste of space since I know him. DCA f/as are not intersted in elections and this guy wins over and over again because no one in his base steps up to the plate to run against him. HE GETS NO VOTES, BUT WINS BY ACCLAMATION (no one running against him).

McCorkey should have been fired years ago, and was just about ready to get the boot, but AFA saved him from getting bootted to the street for his newsletters (which as everyone should note hasn't written one since he got his job saved).

The guy doesn't want to work, but will rely on Anne, Alin and HIS vote (PHL) to try to take Buddy's position as MEC VP. John McCorkle has NO HISTORY with this union, doens't know the history or the contract, just puts people in place in theoffice to cover for him so that he doesn't have to answer anything...and stays under the radar.

you all should be screaming in CLT and DCA to not vote for John mcCorkle...cause he will keep his seat as LECP in pHL and take the seat as MEC VP as well.

MAJOR MISTAKE, AND THE AFA WILL HAVE NO RESPECT AT ALL FOR THE AFA UNION. Mike Flores is a puppet for McCorkle and is more afraid of being ousted out by John McCorkle's "recall" ability than in doing the right things by the f/as.

Out of all the AFA union reps you have on the East, John McCorkle is the most dangerous and the one to target OUT OF OFFICE. John always hated AFA for the entire 25 years I was there and he was on the property...wrote out terrible newsletters against all unions, unionizing and AFA, and now he is in those seats.

Wake up PEOPLE...you have the power to align youselves and RUN FOR THESE SEATS!!!!!! The MEC VP seat will go to John McCorkle because he alone has the ability to unseat Buddy Brannon who is the greatest historian AFA at USAirways ever had and a true rep!!! I know, i worked with him.

McCorkle will control these elections... Anne can't get him out and there are now only 3 voting members of the MEC... PHL, CLT, and DCA, and Alin is a total waste of space since I know him. DCA f/as are not intersted in elections and this guy wins over and over again because no one in his base steps up to the plate to run against him. HE GETS NO VOTES, BUT WINS BY ACCLAMATION (no one running against him).

There's an election coming up? For MEC???? When's the date? There is no information about this. Also, I have been in CLT 6 months and still no one from LGA has an AGA mailbox.

If some people are up for re-election don't ya think they would start getting the word out?? :blink:

ps. good to hear from you again PITBull!

Of course it is always great to hear from the Pitbull .There will be an election for the NEW MEC Officers that is what is coming up next.

There's an election coming up? For MEC???? When's the date? There is no information about this. Also, I have been in CLT 6 months and still no one from LGA has an AGA mailbox.

If some people are up for re-election don't ya think they would start getting the word out?? :blink:

ps. good to hear from you again PITBull!

Hi Furloughd4now,

The fact is these elections are decided well before the election. One could almost predict who is going to be in those offices well in advance. Its called the Good Ole Boys Club. In this election process there are only 3 voters at the table. So if you have TWO friends you dont need to get the word out. Oh how the deals are being made as we speak. This means you only need two friends on the MEC . They use their total membership vote to elect their friends. ( 2 votes) out of the entire membership to hold one of these offices. What a shame. You know how the old saying goes "YOU RUB MY BACK , I RUB YOURS". Anyone on the MEC has the inside shot at any position they desire. They have THEIR OWN vote and only need ONE friend in this case. Baja babe eluded to her Local President seeking the MEC VP position? That would make sense since he currently spends most of his time here in NC anyway. If this happens I would hope he would have enough sense not to enter a long term lease in Charlotte. Have to wonder if any of these long standing officers in the Union will come back to the line if they lose their Union positions? Isn't it correct that the MEC Chairs are also up for re-election as well as the MEC Officers? They seldom change either. Do you feel better now that our careers are being dictated by "Friends of friends" with no regard for the membership?

I have read the many comments on this forum discussing various issues of the merged negotiations or should I say marathon (going on 5 years). I realize everyone is anxious but the point everyone seems to be missing here is WHEN are we going to see something to vote on? We have two negotiators on the East who seem to be very comfortable as career negotiators both raking in 105 hrs of flight pay a month and I have been told they are also eligible for SR/INTL pay as well. If my calculations are correct I figure they must be making about $60,000 yr. plus expenses. Here is where the politics come into play. Once we reach and ratify a merged agreement we would have to then merge the two MEC offices into one. Those officers would be voted in by 4 LECP ( CLT, DCA, PHL, PHX). At the present time it doesnt appear MF has the support of 3 of the 4 votes to secure his position as the combined MEC Pres. Perhaps the bridges burnt along the way will come back to bite him? Kind of doubtful he would get any sympathy vote from LeCarre after attempting to strip her of her AFA membership much less any compassion from our CLT LECP in his failed attempt to dethrone her. Do you really think MF and CA are in a hurry to reach an agreement that will leave them without a job? YOU MAKE THE CALL!!!! We have to remember CA the other negotiator would be out of a FULL-TIME negotiator position and would have to make up that 105 hrs of flight pay ( perhaps by flying the line )? So ask yourself a question " WOULD YOU BE IN A RUSH TO REACH AN AGREEMENT THAT IS GOING TO PUT YOU OUT OF A CUSHY JOB?" I dont know about you but I am tired of hearing the multitude of excuses why we dont have a contract. As much as we know the company is dragging their feet ( saving money every day we dont ratify an agreement) I believe the East negotiators are right along side with them in that department. They spend more time coming up with excuse after excuse to shift the blame to the company, blaming the West AFA for internal problems, the Pilots issues, the FAA issues to name a few, in order to justify this 5 year marathon. The buzz on the line is they dont believe these players can finish the game.

We need to get out the broom and make a clean sweep of those who put their self serving agendas ahead of improving the quality of life for the entire membership. Its time for the membership to stand up and just say NO. Hold your LEC President accountable. Get rid of the clowns and the circus will leave town!!!!!!!

Yes...there are much better, more knowledgable, intelligent, passionate negotiators that know and are up to speed on every single item in the current agreement as well as what is being negotiated (given away) by your current negotiators and sitting MEC:

1. Lynne Caramello
2. Rob Wessinger
3. Michael Elas
4. Celine Deluca
5. Sara Fischer
6. Mark Gentile
7. Terry Graf
8. John Humphries
9. Buddy Brannon

These are the folks I have worked with, very passionate about the contract and prtecting language as well as negotiating and understanding the history/past work conditions over 3 decades.

Recent example of the ineptness of your Current MEC President and voting members of the MEC:

The just settled a grievance (sideletter 44) of your current contract which now changes those f/as who have more than 10 years to having no more pass privileges. A simple no cost item taken away because the company wanted it, was violating it, having disabled f/as pay for their tickets, and the MEC went along with it. Joh McCorkey (lazy president of PHL) wrote out to some f/as saying that the language was ambiguous because it states (according to "compay policy). What this LEC president doesn't know is THIS IS WHY THE LANGUAGE IS PART OF THE CONTRACT, TO ESURE THAT IT CAN'T CHANGE UNLESS THE CONTRACT IS OPEN AND IT IS RENEGOTIATED.

I am sure many of you can site many things wrong with your current reps (who need taken out of office one at a time). Ask your

1. Ask your AFA MEC Grievance Chair what her monthlly AFA pay is and why she is taking 105 International pay when she too, was Never grandfathered in or "red circled" iin 2005 to have 105 pay??? Same as John McCorkle who was never red circled and should not have that option of taking 105 hours of flight loss pay.

Your MEC Grievance chair has not gone through recurrent training as outlined in the MEC Policy and Procedure, but still takes 105 International pay. The Chairs are required to go to recurrent.
But I will surely bet, they protect one another, and they will find some excuse to circumvent the member who asks and investigates these issues. Hopefully, when someone runs against these folks, these AFA pay and expenses will be handed over to the members when they ask for it..as required by the constitution giving full disclosure. If they don't..throw them OUT!

Here I am with another rant.... guys all need to ban together and start ousting these folks as they come up for reelection. The company has the ability to walk all over these reps and no one has any protection of language if these folks let these issues go by. A monkey without any know how could do better and accomplish more than they.

I Disagree!!

I Disagree!!

With what part exactly? The names, the issue she brings up or as usual both? I am not cheering some names on the list but a few would be great union leaders. A few others sit there currently and don't do anything.

I do know that if Lynne Carmello, the former Boston President (now in Philly) ran for MEC President I'd vote for her!!!! She'd kick ass and take no prisoners.
F/A's would not have to worry about watching their backs and wondering if the MEC had their best interest in mind. She definitely would have your back. Esp. Reserves f/a's.

She would be your BEST candidate, if she runs, and Rob Wessinger as well, Buddy, Celine Deluca...need a good team Solid and intelligent. Or create a good. strong, strong team that are known for fighting the good fight for the f/as.

These folks know the MEC and have run bases before. They know the company and the language.

She would be your BEST candidate, if she runs, and Rob Wessinger as well, Buddy, Celine Deluca...need a good team Solid and intelligent. Or create a good. strong, strong team that are known for fighting the good fight for the f/as.

These folks know the MEC and have run bases before. They know the company and the language.
Hi PIT!

Could you please explain your love of Rob Wessinger and more over Lynne Caremello? What did Rob do or accomplish in the past 4 years in the MEC? That said Lynne is up Ann's skirt and places phone calls like Miss Cleo to help everyone "understand" Anne. I just don't get it. I see the passion but I don't see the voting record. I don't see where the rubber meets the road with those two. Seen both in action and I would amount Rob to a bad used car salesman that the LGA people can't stand-trust me I fly with em. Lynne is a great person but just like John, Ann, Alin and Rob failed to make any significant mark on AFA the past few years. If you can't be a rep that's going to twist some arms and piss off a few then OUT! I diid not always agree with you, hell sometimes I wanted to strangle you with your designer shawl but I ALWAYS respected and appriciated your communication to memebers.
So please, make the case. I am all ears.
View attachment 8816

Hi PIT!

Could you please explain your love of Rob Wessinger and more over Lynne Caremello? What did Rob do or accomplish in the past 4 years in the MEC? That said Lynne is up Ann's skirt and places phone calls like Miss Cleo to help everyone "understand" Anne. I just don't get it. I see the passion but I don't see the voting record. I don't see where the rubber meets the road with those two. Seen both in action and I would amount Rob to a bad used car salesman that the LGA people can't stand-trust me I fly with em. Lynne is a great person but just like John, Ann, Alin and Rob failed to make any significant mark on AFA the past few years. If you can't be a rep that's going to twist some arms and piss off a few then OUT! I diid not always agree with you, hell sometimes I wanted to strangle you with your designer shawl but I ALWAYS respected and appriciated your communication to memebers.
So please, make the case. I am all ears.
View attachment 8816

Well, you know me, and i've worked with these folks very closely on the MEC. The major problem with this MEC is Mike Flores who doesn't bring the MEC local presidents to discuss issues and see where they want to go with an issue.

He pretty much has trained the company to discuss the issue with him and HE decides WHO he will share it with, and what information he will give them. THERE IS NEVER FULL DISCLOSURE WITH MIKE...THAT IS MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS GUY, and you well know i've worked with all of them.
John McCorkey has to go. I believe the guy has a personality disorder and seriously needs removed.

When you have only 5 bases the last few years, and the strongest presidents are LGA and BOS with only approx. 300 votes combined, they really can't get anything through with PHL having about 2500 and DCA pres so far up the butt of PHL. Anne is afraid of Mike Flores because he is based in her base. So, she appears to me not to want to make any drastic demands or challenge mike on any level. She surely can't recall the guy, and Alin is busy hoping for support for some International AFA position which again he will need the PHL pres. vote. So, Mike F. kissess John McCorks butt, alin does and so does anne. The way the union works is like Congress or rathe the House of Rep. its the rollcall votes you have. This power helps you get your agendas through and if you don't have enough votes, you need to lobby the others to support it, and with this..you will owe them as well.

BOS and LGA were never heard and not supported by the MECP to get their agenda acrossed even though Mike knows his job is to support all the presidents. But, Mike is too busy supporting PHL so he doesn't get recalled by PHL, and to stay in office,since there is now only 3 bases on the East Mike needs at least two bases...so that's pretty much PHL and DCA.

The union within the MEC is shattered because these folks are not concerning themselves with the higher mission and that is to protect the language and group they represent, but rather to hold on to their seats because they just don't trust each other. Company knows this and that is why you guys don't have a merged agreement, and the MEC Chair doesn't arbitrate cause they can't argue and the AFA attorney doesn't want to write a brief. Easy way...settle everything with the company, so this way the company gets the laguage back.

The only hope for these f/as is a strong team. The idea is the change that it will make for the betterment of the entire group.

That's the point and that's the issue. These folks currently on the MEC don't trust each other and therefore their focus is on keeping their seats instead of negotiating a joint agreement orarbitrating lanugage that gets violated by the company via an MEC grieveance. Now, the contract is coming to amendable date at the end of this year. So, the JNC will just fold into this event, but tyou will not have a new contract for a long long time, as Mike Flores does not have PHX support and their PRES will not vote for Mike.. He is just waiting for her to screw up so she can get voted out and put someone in place that will support Mike so he can keep his job. The only hope for Mike is for Clair Burt, the AFA Interntional neg. to get him an International job of negotiating. He is waiting for this I suspect. He will not be the president that will bring to all of you an new agreement...he has no incentive to do so, because if he does, within 30 days there will have to be a vote for ONE MEC President, and he knows it won't be him, PHX has more f/as and I doubt he will get CLt's vote once their is a Joint agreement.

As you know, the side letter 44 which in part speaks to the disabled f/as who have > than 10 years just lost the flying privileges as of July 20, 2010. Why your MEC would agree to alter this letter that would effect such a small group of f/as that was a no-cost item, is beyond my comprehension . For some reason, the company violated the language in 2009 and the MEC rolled over as reported in Mike's latest E-line. The only thing I can surmise is that either the MEC Chair didn't do the research by contacting the previous sitting MEC who negotiated this language or AFA attorney didn't want to arbitrate because she can't or won't write a brief...so, as with everything, they settle outside of arbitration.

I am still waiting to see what settlement he made with the company when he and the MEC decided for a settlement instead of arbitration. The disabled f/as who had to buy tickets have to have their money back. I haven't seen an e-line yet that states how they will be made whole.

But however, going forward this settlement for the disabled f/as no longer have pass privileges...a simple no-cost item is gone for them....don't understand this for the life of me. And it just didn't have to happen. These folks just do not pay attention.

Disagree???? yea, your same "one-word" statement.

That's because your too ignorant to know who works and who doesn't.

You guys have the same MEC grievance chair since 2002, and how many arbitrations have been fought even the past two years???????

There is nothing but settlements with the company instead of arbitrating. The AFA attorney doesn't want or doesn't know how to write a brief, and the MEC Chair can't argue anything...but she kisses DCA and PHL presidents butt and gets to keep her position for just about ever.

And she will get the job again. The only person that will lose their job in Oct. is Buddy B. Cause the dumb ass pres. in pHL wants it and has the votes behind him to get it.

So, you got these 3 bases running everything and taking the positions and keeping the lazy folks still in there not able to protect any language.

The f/as need to vote for a new team in PHL. That's where the power is and that where the f/as need to take back their union...start there. And once you do this, you will see major change with the company and new improvements.

CWA passenger service agents have a new attorney, David Borer he previously worked for the AFA for years. How was his track record at AFA?

If only we could have you back on property Pitbull. Ugggggh I don't think we'll ever see anyone with your drive, fight and determination in office. Oh to dream. sigh.............. :(

Folks this is a warning to everyone. Personal comments & attacks will get you time off. Stick to the topic & not the poster. Posts have been removed & the next insult or personal attack gets you time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.