Crew Scheduling Gone Wild!

I had a trip going out at 5:45pm yesterday and called at around 1:30 to let them know I couldn't get into my car. The scheduler said, "Um the only thing we can do is put you in as personal". Then I said, "I hope you all have a good day". The reply, "Yeah you too, your off your trip". CLICK. F you. My friend two streets away was called with a daily trip and he said, "Are you serious"? Do you know what the weather is like here? She said, "I haven't had anyone else tell me anything like that today". What the hell were they thinking yesterday. I know it was a mess but c'mon. Another friend of mine and his crew ferried a 319 from PHL to CLT and the company would not allow them to take passengers. The captain tried fighting with them to let them bring some people. The company told them NO and just take the three whole crews and go. This place is in serious trouble folks. One more ring and we'd be a circus.
Unless they ferried more than one from PHL-CLT yesterday, it was a 37-400. The acft that pulled in next to the ferry flt was a 319, and they ferried that crew on the 37-400 to CLT. And yes, the captain did request to take more crew/non-revs at the very least and was told "no" by the company. I believe there was also a PHL-CLT cancel, so passengers also needing to get to CLT. This was totally ridiculous.

Lets all go to Scottsdale and get loaded.--CLT has a dude thats on the F/A side---he was a crew sch at PIA--- I have witnessed first hand what a marvel he was at fixing crew weather /maintenance/30-7 whatever came along---now he's replacing printing paper on the B side in CLT--another waste of a great resource. LETS GET RICH LYNESKI* as chief of crew scheduling and bring back in/base folks.

If Rob Fuhr was still the Director, you would not be having this kind of 'cluster &*uk' The West Scheduling director is running the scheduling operation and just is not experienced running an East Coast operation with 4 times as many crews than they had on the West.

AMEN!

I'm awake, reading this board right now courtesy of an 0330 wake up from scheduling looking to JA me for an 0500 show. Missed call received at 0333. Contract says they can't call me before 0500.....

Surely it was a wrong number. They would never violate a contract... :unsure:

Nice job though on your part, just in case they did call. :lol:

Ok, then I get called again to assign me a one day. I said, Um it hasn't stopped comming down outside yet. If Susie Snowflake couldn't make it there what makes you think I can? I know they were stressed and not the schedulers fault on the line but c'mon. I have NEVER seen anything like it. I also see that my not flying is shown on option 2 as PER (personal day). Um a personal day is for when I don't feel like working or need it for well lets see, something PERSONAL MAYBE! ! ! ! I bet they could get more reserves to work on their days off (weather permitting) if they paid that trip time ABOVE their guarantee. Why not? :rolleyes: I think this company is in trouble folks. It may be a long, slow process but nothing good could possibly come from the way it's being ran. The cash flowing will slow as time goes on as well. Watch and see.

I have never in my life witnessed such a cluster mess or poor planning and reaction on the part of crew scheduling! They have just gone wild. I witnessed early this morning a crew being taken off the 2 day Aruba...names wiped out only to 30 min later have them replace them with Reserves. They refused to reinstate the original crew. So they went home. Then a 767 was downsized to a 757 and the extra FAA required flight attendant calls to ask if she could do something else and was yelled at "NO!, there are extra jumpseat just go" and they hung up on her. Meantime the flight next door cancels for missing a flight attendant. DUH! :blink: There are very set guidelines on "rescheduling" in the contract and if followed are very orderly. I understand they are stressed with the situation but there is no excuse to waisting resources and being downright rude. They refused to fill afternoon positions with people sitting in the crew room that wanted to work! I watched 4 go home. Scheduling says "we are not on those trips right now" and 10 minutes later you see a RSV called out for it!
I myself offered help and was hung up on. This is why we need Crew Resource Schedulers in each hub like we used to. They could book hotels and understood what was going on the ground. Now, all we get is a busy signal at OCC! I have never seen a bunch of people that cant get out of their own way. It's like we are the enemy that must be dealt with and they refuse to accept help on the fly. :down:

WOW sounds just like West Scheduling, we deal with that ALL the time.

Does anyone know whats going on with the CDG flight tonight? Someone called off the trip an hour before departure and they still havnt filled it yet. :shock: Scheduling probably cant find a reserve to fill it because they quick called all of us this morning!

Unless they ferried more than one from PHL-CLT yesterday, it was a 37-400. The acft that pulled in next to the ferry flt was a 319, and they ferried that crew on the 37-400 to CLT. And yes, the captain did request to take more crew/non-revs at the very least and was told "no" by the company. I believe there was also a PHL-CLT cancel, so passengers also needing to get to CLT. This was totally ridiculous.

So, why did the captain take off? If he knew he could enhance revenue/move crew to desired locations, why did he not exert his captains authority?