Afa News

700UW said:
Isn't it against to post while on Company time?
[post="201694"][/post]​

And yet another useless response.
Do not tell me I was wrong with my last post, except that I trully wasted my time. Trust me, it will not happen again. I proved my point.

I would not post on company time. Just like I made you look like the real know-it all that you are when you posted I was a foreman (which I am not), with obviously no clue. You once again post untrue opinion that I am at work.

You trully are clueless and make false accusations. Why don't you save this one in your memory when you state that you only post "facts". Thoe two examples are how you post untrue opinions.

Know-it all.

PITMTC,

Are you the new board moderator?

Everyone on here is entilted to post. When you own the board then you can determine what is worthelss or not.

Manager not foreman.

PITMTC said:
Mouth piece, nah?
In case you have not noticied there are a lot of people (union and non) leaving and finding good jobs. And obviously they always put US down on their resume. I'm sure you would have heard if many people were getting turned down because they worked here. Everything in life we go through is a learning experience, good or bad. Real companies are aware of what is going on. I personally have gotten several requests to go work at other outfits. Party because they know my experiences. You are not born knowing everything. The bad times we face make us all more experienced and actually an asset to other companies.
Hey if your claim to fame is going to be that the airline shutdown but you held your ground, then very good for you. You will probably reach that goal here soon. I would much prefer to see us survive. However, if I have to go look for another job, my experience here is going to make me more lucrative. I will not have to beg.
[post="201693"][/post]​

Well I happen to know coming from a losing team hinders and doesn't help your job prospects. If you believe the doors are closing you best leave NOW with a CLEAN record and not be part of the FAILED players...FACT 101 business school, UNLESS you are a Dave Siegel or the fluke who took Kmart for a 90 million dollar ride......

deano said:
Well I happen to know coming from a losing team hinders and doesn't help your job prospects. If you believe the doors are closing you best leave NOW with a CLEAN record and not be part of the FAILED players...FACT 101 business school, UNLESS you are a Dave Siegel or the fluke who took Kmart for a 90 million dollar ride......
[post="201699"][/post]​

And I happen to believe you are totally wrong, but you used a good example with Siegal. I will give you one example, JB is picking and chosing our people all the time. They have a base of employees who put out names of the good ones. I have been called out by both ex-mechanics and management people to go. I have not. For the sake of your argument, I am part of the "loser management" here. Yet companies know what fails a company and good employees do not. It does not matter wether you are union or not, if you are a good worker both your experience and more importantly God will get you places.
The arguement that we will all be on the street and be viewed as a losing team is not strong. Sorry.

700UW said:
PITMTC,

Are you the new board moderator?

Everyone on here is entilted to post. When you own the board then you can determine what is worthelss or not.

Manager not foreman.
[post="201697"][/post]​

If I say I am not a manager will you pick director? Face it you do not "know".

I never said you were neither entitled to post or your posts were worthless, so I do not know why you responded like that.

Stick to the point and topic. Contribute to the debate. Come on.

PITMTC said:
And I happen to believe you are totally wrong, but you used a good example with Siegal. I will give you one example, JB is picking and chosing our people all the time. They have a base of employees who put out names of the good ones. I have been called out by both ex-mechanics and management people to go. I have not. For the sake of your argument, I am part of the "loser management" here. Yet companies know what fails a company and good employees do not. It does not matter wether you are union or not, if you are a good worker both your experience and more importantly God will get you places.
The arguement that we will all be on the street and be viewed as a losing team is not strong. Sorry.
[post="201702"][/post]​

I think I know you.....but since I turned in my badge we will never know.

USFlyer said:
AFA is posturing and trying to generate public support for the flight attendants and, hopefully, give the F/As some hope that someone is at least trying to look out for them. Leadership knows a strike will put both UA and US out of business in short order. And, both carriers represent a large portion of its members.
[post="201578"][/post]​

Yes you are right it is posturing...but this industry needs a shock a shut down ...the customer should be bearing a lot of the costs but it doesn't happen in this industry because there is no regulation. anybody can start a business pay employees minimum wage to start ..charge rock bottom for their product in the mean time good companies who have provided a great product get screwed then in a few years those companies file BK and are gone.....we are left trying to pick up the pieces........

TICKET PRICES NEED TO GO UP AT LEAST 20 TO 30 %

Here it's called Free Enterprise and democracy. But it also needs a great managed company to balance costs and revenue, and realize the employees are it's greatest assest and need to be taken care of and cherished as you would something of great value. Unfortunantly, this company has been, and continues to be, poorly managed and regards it's employees as liabilities.

Reservation Agent said:
If the company was just trying to work out contract adjustments in good faith, that would be one thing, but the company...At the same time of negotiating, it went to court to THROW OUT ALL CURRENT AFA,CWA & IAM CONTRACTS ! Talk about having your cake, and eating it, too!!!!!

The company is not happy to just modify current agreements...Are you non-believers that dumb?.... a member of management ? ....or have 300,000 frequent flyer miles banked?

WAKE UP !
[post="201665"][/post]​

The "Company" isn't just waiting for the deadline to THROW out all contracts. They have been negotiating since late last Spring. And as with anything, they have to set deadlines to get this ball rolling! I mean enough is enough, NEGOTIATE!! They have given the unions time to do this, some have spent the last let's see 4 or 5 months REFUSING to talk and negotiate, now who's at fault here! Stop whining and crying and get in there and fight for what's owed to you! GEEZ, c'mon people GROW UP! :ph34r:

Well, if the afa can talk ual,usairways,ata and hawaian (ALL IN B/K) it would not help much ,what afa needS is support from AA,DEL,SWA,NW, BUT DO YOU THINK THEY WIIL GET IT, DONT THINK SO..

Seems to me that if AFA-USAirways were to go this alone, they might have a better chance of not being ordered back to work! Keep it on the property, now that more divisions of AFA are involved this walkout will be stopped dead in its tracks! Too many carriers and too many passengers and flights at stake all around the country! This plan will NEVER get off the ground! :angry:

WestCoastGuy said:
Unfortunantly, this company has been, and continues to be, poorly managed and regards it's employees as liabilities.
[post="201712"][/post]​

Even though I agree a strike should be legal, I am not absolving labor for their culpability in this. If management is stupid for letting wages/work rules get out of control to the point where US Airways had the highest costs in the industry (which is exactly what happend) there needs to be some recognition that labor was on the other side of the table with management threatening them with CHAOS/Strikes and forcing that outcome.

The fact that now it is going too far the other way is terrible, but management is not solely to blame for the hole that has been dug.

I have pointed out before that ALPA threw every roadblock they could in front of US Airways getting RJs and even when they were finally bribed into doing so they could only have 35 while Delta was amassing a fleet of hundreds.

It's very hard to have good labor relations and have low costs. That is what Southwest is realizing now as their costs escalate quickly.