Hundreds Of Flight Attendants Stage Protest!

700 once again you talking about something you know nothing about. You have been consistent in being wrong, please stick to the blue stuff and not law.....

hey boi,

You do not know me nor what I do or where I have been and where I am going.

Unlike you who were exposed not to be what you claim.

And USairwaysvoteno, has provided numerous links to section 1113 and the right to seek self-help.

Maybe if you took the time to educate yourself instead of trying to insult posters, you would actually understand the process.

And just remember, if you really are a FA, if it was not for the FAA you would be replaced by a Coke Machine in the galley.

Disclaimer
(no harm meant to the real FA of US Airways who have courage).

jack mama said:
Threat of illegal strike will only reduce revenue and require more cuts to FAs.

Brilliant choice of action!!!!!
[post="202021"][/post]​
Threat of liquidating the airline by Mr. Bronner will only reduce revenue and cause further labor unrest and further passenger uncertainity......Brillant Choice of Action !!!!!!

Passengers are starting to call in asking what they can do if there flights are cancelled in a strike.....

When will there be a strike?..............Will it be at Thanksgiving?..Will it be at Christmas?...Will my flights be cancelled?.......What will USAIRWAYS committ to do for me?...Will it shutdown?..What can I do with my tickets if that happens?...Who will re-pay them for their hotels pre-paid for overseas, all the expenses incurred by them in a strike....

As I see it:

"will there be a strike?": Yes.

"Will it be at Thanksgiving?": Very unlikely.

"Will it be at Christmas?": Very likely.

"Will my flights be cancelled?": Most of them during the strike.

"What will USAIRWAYS committ to do for me?": Exactly the same things that they are doing for their employees.

"What can I do with my tickets if that happens?": Maybe another airline could decide to honor them, maybe.

"Who will re-pay them for their hotels pre-paid for overseas, all the expenses incurred by them in a strike?": You will have to file agianst the company's executors in small claims/Bankruptcy court.

Do I like it? No. It's just the new business, economic, reality.

A spokesperson for the AFA stated that if the petition to abbrogate the contracts of the AFA, CWA & IAM are not withdrawn from Judge Stephen Mitchell's court, a reign of CHOAS will follow.....The strikes could be random a few here and there...mabey a whole airline...mabey all West Coast flights...mabey all East Coast flights....can include one airline ..or could include all airlines represented by the AFA...

Another brilliant quote from a spokesperson telling customers not to fly us ! Even a nation - wide strike would just kill the weak airlines like ATA and ourselves !

LGA / 037 said:

Another brilliant quote from a spokesperson telling customers not to fly us ! Even a nation - wide strike would just kill the weak airlines like ATA and ourselves !
[post="202473"][/post]​

I wonder if our mgmt in CCY is aware of this possibility? Maybe someone should tell them... :)

Behind you 100% AFA--- enough is enough ... whenever you are ready.....if we go out, we go out with *some* dignity.......

US F/A :(

LOUD APPLAUSE!!! Where was the IAM? Of course, they were MIA, counting their money in some corner or kissing up to US Airways management. We need ALL UNIONS from ALL AIRLINES to walk. There needs to be the largest transportation shutdown ever. Remember the general strikes that shut European transportation down? That's what we need. WE DEMAND THAT THE LAYOFFS AND PAYCUTS STOP. WE DEMAND THAT EVERYONE LAID OFF BE REHIRED. YOU'LL BE DELETED BY MODERATOR WALKING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS OTHERWISE. :angry:

Mod comment: Watch the foul language.

It will interesting to see all the sheep lead into slaughter by the likes of the AFA leadership. This will be illegal, and many folks are going get fired.

Oh well-there is a last chance to use your brain here.

Here is your job...vs...that used to be your job before you listened to the AFA leadership. I would guess many fools who follow this will be supported by spouses with other incomes...I hope so for their sake, as it will clearly be illegal.

Justaramper said:
Flight attendants may stage a mass walkout, as in a traditional strike, for a day or a week, or strike individual flights—with no warning to management or passengers as to time or location.
Ask the AA pilots how that can be used against you in court to the tune of millions of $$ in damages. The AFA is testing uncharted waters and this may not be a wise decision at this time.

I realize the emotional situation we are all going through, but cooler heads must prevail on this one. I'd think the Railway Labor Act would apply and may prevent such action from taking place. It would destroy U & UAL , so is this the way we want them to end...?

Or would GWB let it happen to the interstate commerce..?
[post="201900"][/post]​

It is a foolhearty move, and it will cost FA's dearly, I do feel sorry for those who do not educate themselves and listen to this irresponsible rant....

I would also guess there will be a majority who tell the union to go-pound-sand when it comes to them actually putting their bottom on the line.

LaBradford22 said:
As I read this, I can't help but wonder - from a legal perspective, is it a good idea to have a trademarked name for an illegal job action?
[post="202000"][/post]​