AFA topic 3/19-3/25

Here is the new AFA thread. Rember to stay on topic & not make it personal.

What's the topic? :unsure:

Dear moderators,

With all due respect, just starting an AFA thread isn't working for us flight attendants. When something comes up, we get so upset or inspired that we start a thread and it really takes its course. It's not something you can force. It just happens. So, instead of starting a random weekly topic, please allow US to start a thread, one thread, when a good topic comes to us and we will even name it the AFA thread of the week with the dates and what it is about so we will all want to participate. Sometimes there is nothing to talk about and other times there is a lot to discuss that can last weeks and weeks, but like I said, it can't be forced into a generic weekly thread that might good at the very end but then is closed because the week is up.

What's the topic? :unsure:

Dear moderators,

With all due respect, just starting an AFA thread isn't working for us flight attendants. When something comes up, we get so upset or inspired that we start a thread and it really takes its course. It's not something you can force. It just happens. So, instead of starting a random weekly topic, please allow US to start a thread, one thread, when a good topic comes to us and we will even name it the AFA thread of the week with the dates and what it is about so we will all want to participate. Sometimes there is nothing to talk about and other times there is a lot to discuss that can last weeks and weeks, but like I said, it can't be forced into a generic weekly thread that might good at the very end but then is closed because the week is up.

I concur

Well here's an AFA issue for you.

What do you think about the company issuing a "new" policy that states no one can use the f/a mail files for distributing information except the company??? Including the Union???

This is a violation of past practice and a means to intimidate as well.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

No can do.

Ditto.

It may be applicable to name an AFA thread if our negotiations ever went anywhere or we had a tentative, but currently neither apply.

As a group AFA is not divided. We were fortunate in that our policies/bylaws are clear. You don't usually see the sniping between the East -West flight attendant groups.

Reserve issues are usually a hot topic, but grouping them under an "AFA thread" isn't usually useful either.

My own opinion: the board just isn't as interesting when you clump stuff together. I am not likely to wade through a thread with umpteen pages unless the topic is clear. I quit reading the pilot thread for that reason.

Thanks for considering our opinions.

Stuffing of mail boxes has become such a hot issue that the company just changed their stance on it. All letters must be reviewed to be sure it adheres to their requirements not necessarily content. They just sent out a cbs today. Each running member can place one letter in each box.

Stuffing of mail boxes has become such a hot issue that the company just changed their stance on it. All letters must be reviewed to be sure it adheres to their requirements not necessarily content. They just sent out a cbs today. Each running member can place one letter in each box.
Here's another issue for you....once the nomination ballots are counted isn't there usually an e-line regarding who is running for what position? I know it's not in the by-laws cuz I checked but past practice where I've been based previously, the information was not such a big secret and was posted.
Did I miss that e-line or was it buried in another "international" PHL e-line that the PHL LECP likes to send out??? Any help ???

I'm on West AFA66 e-line and their candidates are using their e-line to send stuff out...isn't there some deal where a candidate can pay to use the e-line. Forget the stuffing of mailboxes with paper and killing all those trees...especially in PHL where there are how many based----------------------I'd pay the $$$ and use AFA's e-line.

Any LEC President can open up the base eline system to candidates if they so choose. I know PIT did at one time. Otherwise it goes through AFA International but it's not a complete list and they charge.

Any LEC President can open up the base eline system to candidates if they so choose. I know PIT did at one time. Otherwise it goes through AFA International but it's not a complete list and they charge.
The local e-lines are paid by union dues $$, and they should be used for campaigning. The LECP should put out who is running and when the date the votes must be in; also how to vote by phone, paper ballot etc..

The Local along with their e-lines are maintained by the LOCAL; NOT the AFA International; NOT the MEC. There is NO permission needed by International (whom are not to interfere with LOCAL business or local elections), and no permission needed by the company, management to distribute any information on an AFA local e-lines.

Any LECP that does not permit this, should no longer retain their seat and be out of office. The members should see to it that this is permitted on the Local levels! How in the hell did you guys lose control of this????

GD puppets!

Well here's an AFA issue for you.

What do you think about the company issuing a "new" policy that states no one can use the f/a mail files for distributing information except the company??? Including the Union???

This is a violation of past practice and a means to intimidate as well.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

No can do.

I may be mistaken :unsure: but I think the mailbox thing was an America West :up: policy. Our FA's have locking mailboxes and the union mail boxes are in rolling files outside of the regular mail room. :down: That leads me to believe that union business and company business have different mail drops. :shock:

AFA Council 66 (PHX) Officer Elections polls are officially open today. Polls close on April 10, 2008.

This message is to all PHX based Flight Attendants in good standing with AFA to make their votes count in this important election!

MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT! :up:

Back