US AFA topic-ALL AFA issues go here

Status
Not open for further replies.
While there may not be much love between Mike Flores and others does NOT excuse the fact of what was done. I don't care if he is a back stabber and can't be trusted, wrong is wrong. He hasn't done anything that landed him in front of AFA Int'l defending himself against charges. Now as for Teddy, it's an absolute shame that we don't have her here. What an incredibly smart woman. She has more unionist blood running through her veins than anyone here and had such a passion for the job. AFA 66 along with the company ought to thank their lucky stars that she isn't here during a bullcrap instance like this one. I also believe we'd be in a different position with negotiations if Teddy were here as well.

So on the locked up AFA66 discussion board you have posted the truth about what occured at the hearing but you don't want the truth posted here in an open forum. Is that because this place is vile and shameful or maybe because it differs greatly from National's version?

Perhaps not everyone believes that everything is public enough information to be on a forum that can be read without proper credentials. If you are an AFA 66 member you can see the site and if you aren't then you can't.

As for me, I can't see that message board anymore for the sole reason that I no longer belong to AFA 66.

Now as for Teddy, it's an absolute shame that we don't have her here. What an incredibly smart woman. She has more unionist blood running through her veins than anyone here and had such a passion for the job. AFA 66 along with the company ought to thank their lucky stars that she isn't here during a bullcrap instance like this one. I also believe we'd be in a different position with negotiations if Teddy were here as well.

Perhaps if Teddy were here the whole dynamic with AFA 66 would be considerably different because most of the adverse intra-union issues would never have occurred......

First of all Teddy who I do care about will always want Mike Flores on her plate. Too Too BAD they all could not have come together what a kick ass dynamic group that would have been. Talk about dynamic saw Karen Lyscolli in the crew room now that will always be a class ACT

The one who should be recalled or resign is the MIA West VP. She is holding a line. Taking a position away from another fa. :down:

That used to go on at USAirways along with the fact that they would bid a block and get paid over 150 plus hours but no one should care this is regular business at the Unions nothing but shield and duck...............

Oh, she is at this moment, VP in title only. But she is flying a line and has yet to resign or return to the office. :down:

To my knowledge the other bases don't hate Mike. However, there are those that post on this board who do. Big difference.

As far as I know, he has a very good working relationship with all of the bases. Now, I'm not going to say they don't squabble about stuff from time to time, as all families do but we do get along.

If Cactus wants to share information with us about your dysfunctional LEC office, he is welcome. We need to know who and what we're dealing with.
Cactus can share whatever information he'd like to. You're just tasked with the responsibility of tempering the information he supplies with a grain of salt. Cause he is not an expert, he does not speak for every flight attendant and thankfully does not represent the majority of who you'd be dealing with.

That is unless you like the drama queen aspect of FA daily life then by all means take his posts as gospel. There is none better. :)

And again, my support of getting past this does NOT make me a person who condones lying and stealing. If that were the case, I'd let Cactus' posts go unchallenged. :)

For the record, I think Jeff taking the papers and copying it were wrong. Regardless of the reasoning behind why (and based on his explanation of the way the paper was presented and refused viewing by the East MEC I would have a hard time with it as well), it was wrong. And I don't condone lying when asked a direct question. But mistakes happen. There can be no justice as long as any law is resolute. If we're seriously going to hang 'Liar' and 'Thief' badges on them for this their only misconduct then again I ask who could possibly replace them. How many of us took water off the plane when the company decreed doing so was theft. Or ate pretzels or extra coach food, or took a can of juice to their hotel room... It's easy to pin labels when we're angry enough about a situation.

I've always been of the mindset that I want to understand the motivation for a persons actions and use that as a barometer for my reaction. The world is not black and white and neither can our reaction to it be. There is a great deal more to this story that was never communicated by either side and changes the dynamics completely. I for one NEVER take what anyone says at face value as my only barometer for accuracy and how I choose to view that person. That does not mean that I condone their actions, it simply means I take a moment to understand why they did what they did before I pass judgment.

If you seriously want the entire truth then it's up to you to find it, not take any one side's version. Regardless of what outcome you arrive at, be sure you've at least attempted to find out both sides otherwise you're not really in the position to speak from a position of moral high ground.

Oh, she is at this moment, VP in title only. But she is flying a line and has yet to resign or return to the office. :down:

Is she drawing flight loss pay? If not then I personally see no financial or ethical harm except that there is not VP in the office due to office politics.

Not as far as I know. I'm sure someone would've heard about it by now. But it is disturbing that the VP would just leave the post in such limbo. It's just sad.

Maybe she is rubbing elbows with the hired help to get the Recall.How could she sit in the office with alleged stealers ?. Watch your purse and that goes when you are around AFA reapers

Is she drawing flight loss pay? If not then I personally see no financial or ethical harm except that there is not VP in the office due to office politics.

No harm! Gee. You must have voted on the original contract. Please explain why you believe it is ok to have a lame duck vice president in office taking up dead air.

Maybe Jeff should take a few months off and do nothing for the fa group...Lisa too. Who cares. There's no financial harm or ethical harm in doing so right?????

There are very complicated issues going on between the union and the company and we need ALL HANDS ON DECK. GOT IT??????

Maybe Jeff should take a few months off and do nothing for the fa group...Lisa too. Who cares. There's no financial harm or ethical harm in doing so right?????

The comment that I had made was regarding her flying a line, getting paid for it, and potentially drawing FPL also. I did not make any comment regarding the politics of not having a VP in the MEC due to politics. In other words, it was a limited comment only directed at that point.

If you have noticed, I have stayed entirely away from the recall discussions. Those no longer involve me and I view them as the sole purview of the members of AFA 66.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back