US AFA topic-ALL AFA issues go here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were there 2 meetings? Cactus refers to a "second" meeting that took place Tuesday ..... :blink:

My understanding was Mondays Meeting just rubbed salt nto the wound.
There were two meetings, one Friday 26JUN and one Monday 28JUN both at 10am. There was no meeting on Tuesday that I'm aware of. At least not one that was announced by the Union. Which would explain why no Union folks were in attendance.

As for Mondays' meeting rubbing salt in the wound, at this time any meeting is going to do just that. I mean we're about to be furloughed. Anything short of 'you're saved' is going to sting. But there was no malice or disrespect shown to those in attendance. The information was concise and well presented and unfortunately not all encompassing but that's due to the company not giving that information out or not budging on certain things. Not on any part of the MEC. Personally I appreciate a direct approach when having this situation explained to me. I came there to face the reality so having that reality shown to me wasn't shocking.

It seems to me that there's a small contingent of folks who are under the impression that the current furlough situation is completely the fault of the MEC. I've actually heard folks mention that we're being furloughed because they didn't stop it (as if any MEC had that power to refuse or block furloughs). The MEC has tried tirelessly to offer dozens of other alternatives. The company said no to all of them. Even ones that SAVED the company money in the process.

Boggles my mind that faced with that reality some still choose to blame the MEC rather than the company for this situation.

The MEC has tried tirelessly to offer dozens of other alternatives. The company said no to all of them. Even ones that SAVED the company money in the process.

I and (perhaps a couple of other people) would like to know just how, and what these "dozens of alternatives" were.

When one gets told time and again that "if it doesn't benefit the BHs then we won't consider it" you get a little weary about Your Union REALLY fighting for the benefit of RSVs and those about to lose their jobs. You saw the post from AFA66 .

Please show us where and how the Union fought "tirelessly" to save your job .... I'm more than happy to eat crow when necessaary...

Happy 4th to all .... Hope you make the best of it!

Perhaps I missed it but has there been any resolution to the charges filed against the two officers of AFA 66? Wasn't the hearing in late June?

Perhaps I missed it but has there been any resolution to the charges filed against the two officers of AFA 66? Wasn't the hearing in late June?

Shhhh.... we're not supposed to know.

BTW there is a RSV mtg in CLT on the 27th July with all of them in attendance. Charges dropped? Happy family for the good of the company?

Shhhh.... we're not supposed to know.

BTW there is a RSV mtg in CLT on the 27th July with all of them in attendance. Charges dropped? Happy family for the good of the company?

Pisses me OFF, AFA66 has not sent 1 e-mail/hotline/e-communication about this SYSTEM WIDE RSV meeting....but I've gotten 3 or 4 e-lines from east based AFA's about it..... I'm more happy then ever I signed that petition to have them removed from AFA66 office.

(Quoted post deleted: Namecalling.)
Actually I'm not fabricating ANYTHING, you are simply misunderstanding... from what I can gather through you poor/broken English you are referring to the "Furlough Informational Meetings" that took place last week in PHX. I'm talking about something completely different, the System Wide RSV meeting in CLT which Lisa and Jeff from our AFA66 will be attending which was discussed previously here, I just wasn't sure if it was East system wide or ALL system wide, which if it is system wide it really pisses me off we haven't heard anything. Secondly fabricating stories about "HP employee" ummmm I love love love my fellow F/A's in PHX more than anything and ALL over the US system!! It's the incompetent upper mgmt. (HP corporate mentality) I could care less about and the union leadership AFA66 in which many many many people are unhappy with and HUNDREDS of F/A's are signing a petition to have removed/recalled/new election, so I'm not alone in that corner. As far as ''hireing you from you unemployment'' I was already a F/A for PSA which is wholly owned by US Airways when I came to PHX. So yes I would still be flying as a F/A and actually making a little bit more money and still holding a line in CLT. So get your facts straight and hit grammar check.

HP2USFA, You are right. I went up to the check in area because my classmates that I went with, said it had been moved up there, when I saw no one up there I bailed out and went home. I just got back from a trip and my buddies set me straight. They had it wrong, figured it out and I hadn't talked to them before I posted. My bad for sure. :shock:

(Deleted by moderator: offending post deleted.)
Furloughed4now- As far as I know charges haven't been dropped, but there is group out there collecting signatures for a recall. I signed a petition for all of them when I was sitting hot.

HP2USFA, You are right. I went up to the check in area because my classmates that I went with, said it had been moved up there, when I saw no one up there I bailed out and went home. I just got back from a trip and my buddies set me straight. They had it wrong, figured it out and I hadn't talked to them before I posted. My bad for sure. :shock:

Furloughed4now- As far as I know charges haven't been dropped, but there is group out there collecting signatures for a recall. I signed a petition for all of them when I was sitting hot.

SPOT ON CACTUSFLYER!!! :D And I really don't think I'm "superior" and I didn't ''lower'' my standards at all, actually in some ways the qaulity of life is better in PHX base for me then @ PSA, but I was STATING FACTS: 1. I WOULD BE MAKING MORE MONEY AND 2. WOULD NOT BE ON RSV.(I WAS HOLDING A LINE WHEN I LEFT IN 06) THAT'S IT. BTW... I left PSA to come to mainline, because NOBODY THOUGHT IT WOULD BE 5 YEARS BEFORE A CONTRACT AND NOBODY SHOWED ME THE CONTRACT BEFORE I SIGNED UP FOR THE TRANSFER!!!!!!!!! All we meant by the broken english is IT'S REALLY HARD TO READ!!!

Look I don't wanna fight, I was only sharing my personal opinion and frustrations about AFA66 not putting out any notice of the RSV Round table if it is a true ''system wide'' affair. It has nothing to do w/ anything what so ever HP, I love my ALL of co-workers regardless of former airlines and have a tremendous amount of respect for them. The fact of the matter is no airline is perfect and certainly not the ''new'' US Airways, but I'm proud of the company I work for... because you know what, this company is very rich in history,lots of different cultures and backgrounds. Our employees are some of the best and make this company what it is, despite it's mismanagement. With that said... I hope EVERYONE have an awesome 4th of July and a very SAFE one, whatever and wherever you may be at.

I thought this might interest some of your FAs to participate this was in IAM DL 142's Newsletter, as you know they represent Cal and Cal express FAs:

The FAA, in cooperation with the Institutes for Behavior Resources, is
conducting a field study on activity, sleep and mental fatigue experienced by flight attendants.

Researchers at the FAA’s Civil Aerospace Medical Institute in Oklahoma City are seeking 210 volunteers for paid participation in the next several months.

Participants must be active flight attendants. They will wear a wristwatch-shaped device on their non-dominant wrist to
record their activity and sleep periods throughout the study.

They also will wear a pedometer on one of their ankles to measure
the number of steps they take when working.
In addition, they will use a handheld electronic device to
complete an activity log, answer questionnaires and take reactiontime
assessments every day throughout the study.

Total time spent on the study will be one or two hours per day,
in several 15-minute sessions throughout the day.

All data will be kept confidentialand will not be personally
identifiable to the participants’employers or FAA officials.
Participants will receive $400 upon completion of the study
and safe return of the research equipment.

Persons interested in participating should complete an application
at www.faa.snapsurveys. com/surveylogin.asp?k=122857577683.
Researchers from an independentresearch institute will contact 50 flight attendants each month over the next four or five months to arrange participation.

The IAM encourages flight attendants to consider volunteer in the study

Moderator Note: Namecalling is not allowed--i.e., "your a lier." Such posts will not be edited, they will be deleted. Note to everyone else: DO NOT respond to such posts. Use the report button in the lower left hand corner of every post. The moderators will deal with it.

I thought this might interest some of your FAs to participate this was in IAM DL 142's Newsletter, as you know they represent Cal and Cal express FAs:

I thought we already did this. There was one whereby FAA randomly picked FAs from various carriers.

Personally, I wasn't interested. I don't want to be tethered to anyone or thing :ph34r: ....

I will predict that the most qualified will not win. This is not meant as a pun,however lets just scramble the mix. John Humphreys will be way too overqualified after all what would an Attorney know. Glenda is a shoe in. As far as Reserve Chair it will be Sherri Baker why ????????????The best and the brightest are always disposed of...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back