AFA upset that + sizes can't wear red dress..

I know there was a time that I could buy any size 10 for my late wife as a gift, and it would fit. However, after about 1990, she started saying things like "If you want to buy me clothes, I'll have to go with you and try them on." Actually, what she usually said was "Don't buy me clothes. It's too much hassle to take them back and find one that fits." :lol:

openly stated that the clothing industry has deliberately "upsized" women's clothes over the past 10 years.
to be quite honest, I have no real idea if that is actually the case at all...maybe or maybe not.

but I tend to feel what is offered to the general public (at a clothing store, profit based) as opposed to a company uniform available only to employees are two different issues.

there is a difference trying to make clothes for sell.. fly off the racks as opposed to having a uniform properly fit offering a real true to size.

it is important to make sure that sizes are accurately stated on uniform pieces simply for the fact..you cant wear something else to work when a uniform is mandatory (while waiting for a replacement pieces.. that has to be reordered or altered because of not being the correct size stated.. is kind of my point)

Oh, I agree totally. But, I think the "upsizing" is going on with uniforms as well. A tiny (and I do mean tiny) friend here at AA who has always worn a size zero uniform dress told me she spent over $80 for alterations on the last uniform dress she ordered. She said when she first put on the new size zero, it swallowed her. She said that she felt like she was back playing dress up with her mother's clothes. :lol:

who has always worn a size zero uniform dress told me she spent over $80 for alterations on the last uniform dress she ordered. She said when she first put on the new size zero, it swallowed her.
that is sort of my point in a way, but going in the opposite direction, too big. (it is not true to size and becomes inconvenient because of the need for alterations) when ordering clothing, especially when it is uniform.. who wants to spend all the unnecessary time having to send it back for an exchange or having or an additional wait to make it fit properly..just so it can be worn it to work..

sometimes it just might be a legitimate mistake at the point the garment is being assembled.. when a garment is labeled the wrong size with a wrong tag too..

now here is the flip side.

the grievance representative really had no business giving interviews to the media over an issue that should have been addressed first to the..

designer... (he should have been consulted first, if that did not happen)

what they have done is insult him. (you are to be thankful and appreciative a designer would involve themself with any company and create a look for the employees)....very thankful. by making a demand to change his design, its not really a good thing....they are designers... (that's all I am saying on that)

furthermore, apparently the creation of the uniform was based on feedback pre-merger regarding what the Flight Attendants wanted to see in their new uniform and subsequently a more fitted dress was made available ..for those who opt for that type of look, while at the same time various other dresses were made available for those who prefer a different style.

unless some prefer to go back to a one size fits all styled dress... that in turn may not be the most flattering on..

smaller body frames.

(have some forget what was worn in the past pre-merger? including not as many options currently offered today)

demanding a design change of a dress..during a process of transition seems to be.. not the smartest or brightest move to make..at this time, IMO.

had the red dress been the only option, then there would have been an issue present ..right now.

most issues should be resolved internally without going to the media...

to me, what they should have done is simply inform the designer first.. some people really love the red dress, unfortunately it is not in their size..and could they please offer it as a special order and accommidate those individuals. (it is called consideration, you want to try and..work well with new people)

while understanding the requirement of contract language the last uniform offered only one dress, this one right now offers three..and the red one.

it seems,
(the contract is being adhered to ... if at least a dress is being offered in all sizes at this time?)

(you are to be thankful and appreciative a designer would involve themself with any company and create a look for the employees)....very thankful.
Do you think the designer donated his time to NWA/Delta?

I am quite sure he was paid handsomely for his work.

He is the on who is thankful to you all for paying his salary for a line of dresses that is now at the center of a controversy.

I am sure he was...he is a designer.

He is the on who is thankful to you all for paying his salary for a line of dresses that is now at the center of a controversy.

Woooah there! (on him being thankful)

I actually get your point, but what you have to understand is simply these designers really dont need the money from an airline in the first place.. while they are creating their own designs, for celebrities and the fashion industry they make enough on their own...

... including a name for themselves.

(that is why it is an honor and a privilege.. they take the time to even bother..)

but what you have to understand is simply these designers really dont need the money from an airline in the first place.. while they are creating their own designs, for celebrities and the fashion industry they make enough on their own...

... including a name for themselves.

(that is why it is an honor and a privilege.. they take the time to even bother..)
Hmmm.

I am sure Delta had to beg and plead to get this guy to help them out. :lol:

I do not know about any of that..

all I know is that uniform was the result of what another Flight Attendant group requested based on their feedback a couple of years prior to an announcement of a merger.

(obviously they have been happy with it)

to me, instead of focusing on a dress, it might be a good idea to wait until representational issues have been resolved and then focus on necessary changes after both groups have combined.. during a period of negotiations.

(why is a dress a focus but seniority integration is not? should they wait on the dress issue since everything else is on hold until after the group combines? since there are dresses available that all sizes can wear?)

you know?

just trying to see this from all sides..for a better understanding since its being discussed in the media now.

(why is a dress a focus but seniority integeration is not? should they wait on the dress issue since everything else is on hold until after the group combines? since there are dresses available that all sizes can wear?)
I am sure it is. That issue is not a news story to the masses.

A union filing a grievance over dress sizing must sell papers...

more than likely... urban legend..

(seat belt extensions are not allowed even at the exit row passenger seats)

Perhaps at your airline they are not allowed. At AA, seatbelt extensions are allowed at exit row passenger seats.

Do you think the designer donated his time to NWA/Delta?

Like I said, a controversy brought to you by a union that needed a reason , no matter how trivial the matter was, to rattle their sabre ! :shock:

Back