afa/CWA hooks don't look to be sinking in

As opposed to your union which sold you out in so many other ways, as well. Just ask any of the folks who were out on long-term sick under the previous 7 year inactive provision in your contract who were unceremoniously "separated" from the company when they changed it to a 3 year required return.

The same can be said for your union, who caved in and unceremoniously gutted severance pay for all of the former TWA F/A's...

The difference between you and me Straight, is that you seem to have this VESTED hatred for, and scorn for AFA, for which you have not even been a member of.

As a dues paying member, I get some value out of being represented by AFA. I've never said that they're not without their problems nor their faults. But I'm not going sit back and watch everybody bash AFA, especially when most of those posters critical of AFA have never even been represented by AFA.

No, United. I think AFA/CWA has done nothing to help the cause of anyone (at least at UAL) and I'd hate to see another group of f/a's waste their money for no representation. I think afa is corrupt.

I was actually posing the question to Straaight Talk.
Also, I see that you didn't write the original posting, you received it in email from the "Parking Lot 6." Is that a group of UA f/a's opposing AFA's DL campaign?

The same can be said for your union, who caved in and unceremoniously gutted severance pay for all of the former TWA F/A's...

The difference between you and me Straight, is that you seem to have this VESTED hatred for, and scorn for AFA, for which you have not even been a member of.

As a dues paying member, I get some value out of being represented by AFA. I've never said that they're not without their problems nor their faults. But I'm not going sit back and watch everybody bash AFA, especially when most of those posters critical of AFA have never even been represented by AFA.

The only vested hatred that I have for AFA is from watching each of their failed campaigns here at AA. I have opposed them each time.

They wave AFL-CIO affiliation like a flag, even though most of the time one of their units have been in "trouble," the other AFL-CIO affiliates on the property happily crossed their picket lines.

Affiliation with the AFL-CIO did nothing for the pre-1983 Continental pilots; the pre-1989 Eastern mechanics, pilots and flight attendants; and the pre-2001 TWA flight attendants.

I was actually posing the question to Straaight Talk.
Also, I see that you didn't write the original posting, you received it in email from the "Parking Lot 6." Is that a group of UA f/a's opposing AFA's DL campaign?
How very observant of you. I guess you missed the VERY FIRST SENTENCE where I typed "This was an e-mail sent to me".

With all due respect Mikey, I did not start the thread by demeaning a group of people who are doing what they think is in DL f/a's best interests.

Well Luke, the bulk of your less than ten posts so far have been either demeaning to those opposed to the afa or aimed at trying to quash my voicing a viewpoint different than yours.

Mikey is right in that your tone does come across as negative.

You are new here. Look around and read some before posting.

You will fit in better.

With all due respect Mikey, I did not start the thread by demeaning a group of people who are doing what they think is in DL f/a's best interests. When I questioned the motivation behind Fly's investigative report, (and let's say your opinion is correct...that it was just "curiosity"), I was accused by aislehopper of trying to stamp out voices of disagreement. Trying to figure out someone's motivation is not the same thing as stifling descent. I am JUST CURIOUS...you understand that, don't you? So please Mikey, go back and re-read the postings again. The inherent problem with emails and message board postings is we infer so much in them that's not there. With that being said, accusations are clear in black and white and Ms.Aislehopper throws them out with abandon.
Well the first line you posted on this topic is sarcasism followed by a mutiple choice question you give with 4 negative answers. How that is trying to figure out someones motivation? The gauntlet was thrown down by you. Responding to an e-mail posted by fly.

You might want to re-read the posts. You are getting fly, and aislehopper confused, among other things.

The only vested hatred that I have for AFA is from watching each of their failed campaigns here at AA. I have opposed them each time.

They wave AFL-CIO affiliation like a flag, even though most of the time one of their units have been in "trouble," the other AFL-CIO affiliates on the property happily crossed their picket lines.

Affiliation with the AFL-CIO did nothing for the pre-1983 Continental pilots; the pre-1989 Eastern mechanics, pilots and flight attendants; and the pre-2001 TWA flight attendants.

Oh thats right, AFA is such a failure that they are cleaning up the APFA mess with TWA, and trying to get their recall rights preserved. Actually that might be why you have such a bitter tone with the AFA. Just because someone tries to organize you, you shouldn't be bitter. If anyone in any union should have a nasty taste in ther mouth right now it should be APFA members for what they received in the last few years, can you say STAPLE GUN? FURLOUGH? LIMITED RECALL RIGHTS? CHOPPED CONTRACT W/O BK? WAGE CONCESSIONS? OH yes but I keep forgetting, APFA can do that and it still be Fabulous and acceptable b/c they are not the AFA.. I am sure glad my leader isn't the THB, and that I am part of an organization that treats ALL of its members fairly, not select ones.

AFA is nothing more than a paper tiger, presently being run to feed Pat Friend's ego.

Their recent track record of substandard contracts, beginning with UA in the late 90's, has set new lows for the industry.

AFA claims that they are intent on organizing Delta because they know that it is in the Delta flight attendants' best interests. Delta flight attendants, like AA flight attendants, have repeatedly told AFA that they are not interested, but AFA is intent on organizing (or raiding) whether the groups want it or not, which begs the question, "Who exactly will be benefiting more? Delta flight attendants or AFA itself?"

Its back at it again. What a shame some people continue to post on things they know nothing about, and admitidly main source of information is from people they pick up on the street and invite in for drinks.

Let me help your confusion with your very basic questions.

staple gun, is a hand-held machine used to drive heavy metal staples into wood or masonry.

furlough, a company issued reduction in force.

limited recall rights, 5 year industry standard.

chopped contract with out bankruptcy, industry leading pay, benefits. To see with BK check usairways and united for examples.

As for your I am sure glad but you wouldn't want Tommie Hutto-Blake as your president, I am glad she is not well. It would mean you worked here and thats to horrible thought to ponder. Its difficult I am sure for AFA people to understand elections and having representation VS the anointed queen of Delta organizing perpetually in office.

How very observant of you. I guess you missed the VERY FIRST SENTENCE where I typed "This was an e-mail sent to me".

Fly, remember the old addage.."Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones"? Scroll up to post #4 where I quoted Straaight Taalk when mentioning his/her airline affilitation. YOU did not pay attention to the quote (it's the VERY FIRST thing in the post and it's Highlited) and answered a question not asked of you. No problem, I didn't belittle you over it as you did me. It seems there is definitely an anger problem.
Have you expressed it to the proper target..perhaps your AFA/United MEC??

This was an e-mail sent to me. I think that it originated from one of the Parking Lot Six. It describes the afa-CWA's grand event at the Delta Atlanta Parking Lot.

[

Let me guess. This e-mail was sent from the "freedom force". Gotta love having an "unbiased" opinion on things. Their anti-union rhetoric (which are usually half-truths) is no better than the union rhetoric (which is about equally truthful). Regardless of what DL states, the "freedom force" is run by F/A's that ARE involved, in one way or another, with DL. As a matter of fact, the last e-mail I received was from someone who is actually a friend of mine, and who works at the training center, does numerous special assignments, and was nominated for the "chairman's club". Ironically, this same person DOES belong to a union at her "other" career. So, she's also a hypocrite. It's too bad that we couldn't have a debate between 4 freedom fighters and 4 AFA-supporters. Bring out the charts comparing us to EVERY other airline in EVERY category. Then maybe we can come to an agreement that things could be alot better.
Jeez, even Joanne Smith stated ON RECORD that their are MANY areas where we are FAR worse than our counterparts at other airlines. As the saying goes "In life you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate."

Its back at it again. What a shame some people continue to post on things they know nothing about, and admitidly main source of information is from people they pick up on the street and invite in for drinks.

staple gun, is a hand-held machine used to drive heavy metal staples into wood or masonry.

chopped contract with out bankruptcy, industry leading pay, benefits. To see with BK check usairways and united for examples.

As for your I am sure glad but you wouldn't want Tommie Hutto-Blake as your president, I am glad she is not well. It would mean you worked here and thats to horrible thought to ponder. Its difficult I am sure for AFA people to understand elections and having representation VS the anointed queen of Delta organizing perpetually in office.

:up: :up:

Yes, some believe that if they repeat something enough times, it will become truth.

Fly, remember the old addage.."Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones"? Scroll up to post #4 where I quoted Straaight Taalk when mentioning his/her airline affilitation. YOU did not pay attention to the quote (it's the VERY FIRST thing in the post and it's Highlited) and answered a question not asked of you. No problem, I didn't belittle you over it as you did me. It seems there is definitely an anger problem.
Have you expressed it to the proper target..perhaps your AFA/United MEC??

Fly is, obviously, a professional, and certainly has no problem expressing herself. I am sure she has used the avenues available to her to express her displeasure with AFA. The question is, "Did they listen?"

Pat Friend has already stated that it is her goal to see every unionized carrier under the AFA umbrella. The corollary to this would be, "...whether they want AFA or not." AFA is not necessarily a good fit for all carriers. We've made that decision several times here at AA.

Now let me put REALITY into your FOGGY Thoughts...

#1 My recall rights with MY AFA CARRIER hasn't eroded - they are indefinite!!! YOU must think what AA and the APFA do are standard... This just goes to show you are SUB-STANDARD...

#2 You weren't the one being stapled with that staple gun ( so it doesn't matter right? ) ?? Let's ask your former TWA counter parts.

#3 You don't have an industry leading contract, you have a much less desirable contract that got handed over with a threat... You don't understand that work rules is pay, and that is why you are in the situation you are in now and will be in the forth coming months with you new "Industry Leading" contract... :lol:

#4 I am glad I don't work for you slaving around on the super 80s my whole life too, you couldn't pay me enough. So anyone want to take that friendly bet with me on how industry leading your next contract will be??