Agreement Reached?

PITbull said:
flyin2low said:
They start at $17/flt hr, if they are off the street or $22 if they are from Mainline.

15,000-19,000 per year.........
You are incorrect.
Jeez,

I made better money than that after I finsihed High School , while awaiting my enlistment date in the Army in 1980. :eek:

This is a major step backwards when you consider what's involved to even get to that position. This is indeed sad for the industry as a whole. :(

USA320Pilot said:
Under the tentative pact, a captain's pay would be capped at $58,000 a year on the 70-seat aircraft, and a first officer would make about $35,000.
You should be embarrassed. This is simply pathetic. :unsure:

luv2fly said:
USA320Pilot said:
Under the tentative pact, a captain's pay would be capped at $58,000 a year on the 70-seat aircraft, and a first officer would make about $35,000.
You should be embarrassed. This is simply pathetic. :unsure:
I am embarassed to be a member of ALPA. This is a disgrace to the pilot profession.

Wow, many of you folks seem surprised @ regional pay. Ya must have not paid any dues at these places. Lucky for you! Bottom line….regional pay is and always has been near poverty wages. Why….because in the past it has been a stepping stone to mainline and the price you paid to get there. Now it has turned into a long term job because Mgt has been successful in getting the mainline carriers to out source the jobs to them. I believe the regional folks are going to have to fight their own battles . That may require dumping ALPA in the pilots case. To the regional folks….my heart goes out to you and you work harder than most @ the mainline. YOU deserve much much more. Think like Comair and get tough!

Wages @ mainline Vs. regional have oft been described in a baseball analogy of minor and major league. Most minor players aspire to the majors and the much larger payscale.

Now imagine the farm team players become so popular that their numbers get larger and larger to the point where huge numbers now attend their games. The players ask for more $$ . The owners say, sorry ….we charge too little for tickets & have low advertising income. The players unionize hoping to level the playing field. They turn to all those million dollar superstars and say “ Shame on you for letting this happen to usâ€￾

You can finish this tale

Hula Girl said:
autofixer, I do not see how you can even enjoy a single breath of life with all of the anger you have spewed here. Life is too short and the circumstances that others who post here are going through is breathtaking without having to be condemned by you for working here to support their families. And good for you to hire someone who just got out of jail and that you will be paying him so much money. Thanks for pointing out that living a good honest life just doesn't pay.
Hula Girl, I am angry with the pilot group and ALPA. I have moved on, albiet, I am still interested with what goes on with my CHOSEN profession and many friends and. I like and am proud of my life. I am living the American dream. I own my own business and I am truely free. I am a U pilot who took a leave of absence in lieu of furlough to pursue my dream (Offerd and negotiated by MY UNION and my right to take it based on MY SENIORITY). I thought I would return to U, but why open that can of worms. I and my family went 8 months without pay last year, with no unemployment compensation! Did you know the government will not let your collect unemployment if your are going into business for yourself? I guess I could have just laid around and whinned about my situation and collected a check and it would have been okay? I am sorry I am so harsh, but I am in the real world and it is brutal and unforgiving. :(

autofixer said:
I for one am done with this crap! I am enjoying my new life and I doubt I will come back from leave to work with a bunch of spinless chickens and allow a bunch of FBI want-a-bes look through my underwear. There is an alternative life out there. You just have to risk it. Take control of your life, wrestle it away from the likes of SEAGULL. I am making more now than I would be at U. Sure I am risking my family's fortune and future, but what is the worst that could happen? You have to declare bankruptcy and pay cash for everything? Big deal! It is the price of REAL freedom. If you want to fly, rent a 172 or do well and buy an F-86, like a guy I know did.
You've just solved the puzzle. At some point one must decide it just isn't worth it. Congrats on you decision. We are in control of our lives. As soon as we decide to take that control.

mr

Wow I think Usairways is letting the pilots group off easy. Those wages are way too high and the beenies are icing on the cake. Unreal what the pilots are demanding, especially with the state of the airline now. Whats next?

USA320Pilot said:
Today the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported negotiators for the Air Line Pilots Association and US Airways settled Thursday night on pay rates for MidAtlantic's new Embraer 170 planes. Under the tentative pact, a captain's pay would be capped at $58,000 a year on the 70-seat aircraft, and a first officer would make about $35,000.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the pilots of the E-170s will be USAirways pilots who are called back from furlough. So, no doubt about it, the senior guys sold out the junior guys. 58,000 for a Captain?? You've got to be kidding me. Thats half, thats right, HALF what a 70 seat captain makes at Comair. But hey, you've got yours, right USA320pilot? ALPA should be ashamed.

I am thinking, pay for training will be next at MDA.

Starting to make Mesa look like a good deal pay wise, although with pay lower than Mesa, perhaps U will pull the flying back inhouse.

58,000 for a Captain?? You've got to be kidding me. Thats half, thats right, HALF what a 70 seat captain makes at Comair. But hey, you've got yours, right USA320pilot? ALPA should be ashamed. [/QUOTE]
Sorry to burst your bubble but a Comair CA doesn't make $116,000 a yr. The highest pay rate they have on the CRJ 700 is $108.71 for a 18yr CA. That means if that pilot flew 900 hrs a yr (more then average) he would earn $97,839. Since there are almost no pilots at Comair making this wage lets look at the 5 yr rate of $68.01 or $61,209 a yr flying 900 hrs. Not exactly TWICE the MDA rates.
That said, I was hoping the U MEC could raise the bar a little in regards to large regional jet pay and that he did not. -Cape

The payrate is not the maximum. That is first year pay and will be in effect for all pilots when they start. They will get bumps for longevity at MDA. The reporter made a mistake when they stated that it was capped.

Boomer

michael707767 said:
USA320Pilot said:
Today the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported negotiators for the Air Line Pilots Association and US Airways settled Thursday night on pay rates for MidAtlantic's new Embraer 170 planes. Under the tentative pact, a captain's pay would be capped at $58,000 a year on the 70-seat aircraft, and a first officer would make about $35,000.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the pilots of the E-170s will be USAirways pilots who are called back from furlough. So, no doubt about it, the senior guys sold out the junior guys. 58,000 for a Captain?? You've got to be kidding me. Thats half, thats right, HALF what a 70 seat captain makes at Comair. But hey, you've got yours, right USA320pilot? ALPA should be ashamed.
ALPA takes 40% + paycuts...shameful

ALPA gives away many workrules...shameful

ALPA gives up it's DB retirement plan...shameful

ALPA saves US Airways from extinction...shameful?????

If you got a paycheck last month, you got it because we all gave!

What the heck are you complaining about...still got a job don't you???

A320 Driver :angry:

It doesn't make a rip what we do, it will aways be too much or not enough for you clowns.

The lower the pay and the bigger the regional aircraft will mean the quicker the death of mainline. I guess the top guys are gambling that they will retire before this happens. SELLOUTS!!!