Aircraft Interiors

aj04878

Feb 8, 2003
Just a quick relativly minor question.

What are the plans for the differing cabin designs between the east and west fleets?

-Will galleys be reconfigured or will there simply be a 737-300 (version 1) 737-300 (version 2) for example.

-Will West A/C receive new seat covers (as many of the seats have the west logo embroidered on them.

-Will there be consistant cabin layouts.

Just a few things that were on my mind.

The current Management can't get themselves to choose between Coke or Pepsi (which has been addressed on earlier threads) and you want them to deal with a MORE complex time intensive/ costly endeavor? I agree with an "interest" in wanting to know.....having them spend so much Frickn time/energy/print & babble on Heritage logos and paint schemes is NOT instilling ANY confidence in THEIR ABILITY. They need to address more pertinent issues.

Interiors are fine....probably the best we've had to this date....now with that said, all they need is a complete scrub down and sprucing up!

I would have to agree if you are speaking of US/East....very neutral and when they are MAINTAINED the cabin appears crisp and spacious. The light grey leather in F/C was never a favourite of mine since they show wear,dirt etc but Someone didn't like the dark navy for some reason.

im not complaining about the condition or asking for an interior update. Im just curious about consistancy. If you have flown on both airlines you know the cabins are starkly different. Though its certainly the biggest of issues, it is prevelent.

The current Management can't get themselves to choose between Coke or Pepsi (which has been addressed on earlier threads) and you want them to deal with a MORE complex time intensive/ costly endeavor? I agree with an "interest" in wanting to know.....having them spend so much Frickn time/energy/print & babble on Heritage logos and paint schemes is NOT instilling ANY confidence in THEIR ABILITY. They need to address more pertinent issues.
Ummm .the heritage logo and paint scheme issues were solved back in August when they were unveiled.

you're right....but looks like there was little imagination on both of those projects. :down:

Just a quick relativly minor question.

What are the plans for the differing cabin designs between the east and west fleets?

-Will galleys be reconfigured or will there simply be a 737-300 (version 1) 737-300 (version 2) for example.

-Will West A/C receive new seat covers (as many of the seats have the west logo embroidered on them.

-Will there be consistant cabin layouts.

Keep seeing this alot, NO! Interior chnages are very expensive we have to merge first. Main priority for the next 2 years, then they might start looking at some things that might be "nice" to do but not essential.

Ummm .the heritage logo and paint scheme issues were solved back in August when they were unveiled.
Before you quote one of MY Posts you may want to pay a little more attention to what the heck my point was.....NO Sh*T Sherlock on the "Grand Unveiling" of the paint scheme and that Circle, point WAS there needs to be a little more noticeable achievements other than airplane XYZ be painted in a Heritage Logo scheme or AWA Arena renamed USAirways Center. Neither one of THOSE events make the travelling public fly the airline.