Aircraft UPGRADES

There are no full new interiors currently in our a/c, that will begin sometime in the next two months, probably November will begin the process. Two configurations of the B757 are probably attributed to the lower revenue yield for certain markets.
YES, there are new interiors on the West side. All of our newer A319-20's have leather seats, not covers, upgraded f/c leather seat with better pitch and headrests. They are extremely comfortable compared to our space savor airbus seats with fabric covering. It is to my understanding they are replacing all older seats on East and West to the new leather covering, whether it be a "cover", or complete new seat, we shall see?? All of our 73's and 75's have the older teal fabric seat covers, and need to be upgraded to the pleather or leather. :huh:

I've got a GREAT and FACTUAL update on they interiors..... I had one of the head Interior Engineers from they engineering dept. jumpseating on my cabin jumpseat from DFW-PHX yesterday, and he filled us all in on the new interiors and this the information he passed along....
  • Every A/C staying in the fleet longer than 14-16months will be updated
  • West 737s are going first, 2 at a time starting the 5th of Oct. (312AW) is going to PIT for heavy MX and will get new leather seat covers, carpet, new laminate on the class dividers, new interior paint and lav laminates
  • Airbus will get the most done to them with Overhead bin extensions, new leather seat coverings, carpet, new sidewall panels, new class dividers, new lav laminate, new F/A jumpseat parts, minor/moderate galley re-config on older west airbus
  • all seats, carpet, class dividers system wide will match and be consistant through-out they entire fleet
  • ALL of this pending logistical stuff will be completed in 15-18months supposdly FOR SURE
  • Alot of the seat coverings, carpet, class dividers, minor things will be done on RONs in certain city's were MX will be built up just for this operation
  • over $60million will be put into make this all happen
  • There looking at removing Y class ovens and putting A/C microwaves and pre-made compartment inserts for F/A storage on Airbus/757 galley's
  • 1st test IFE airbus is a west airbus going into have all of they above MODS done plus the in-seat test IFE installed in the middle/end of OCT in California
  • Most MODS will be done on west A/C first since alot of they interiors are not consitant and ratty/cheap looking was his exact words, but east lines will be going around the same time just not as many to start with
  • 757s will be configured the same for Hawaii/Europe operations, the west 757 starting w/ the last remaing non-US painted (former AZ livery) will get the new treatments w/ possibility of ENVOY seats to match east ETOPS
  • 312AW will be online by the end of OCT. w/ all the new MODS
  • New Galley (atlas) carriers for storage have been ordered and will be arriving to replace all old awa and dangerous grey US carriers
  • new carts will continure to arrive to replace all old awa carts that dont have chiller vents and will continue to arrive in batches of 200-500 at a time
  • working on solution to re-config or alter east 757 galleys to accept the same airbus style galley carts to standardize fleet
  • new airbus's arriving starting early march 321s will all be outfitted to match the fleet after MODS
Yea, and I had the same BOZO on my flight two years ago, who was promising the same sh!t! Only he said that all of the West 75's were getting new jumpseats, comparable to the newer ones at other airlines. Yea, right? Nothing has been done thus far. He also promised tv's in all seats too! We will see, or another two years will just fly by.... :rolleyes:

YES, there are new interiors on the West side. All of our newer A319-20's have leather seats, not covers, upgraded f/c leather seat with better pitch and headrests. They are extremely comfortable compared to our space savor airbus seats with fabric covering. It is to my understanding they are replacing all older seats on East and West to the new leather covering, whether it be a "cover", or complete new seat, we shall see?? All of our 73's and 75's have the older teal fabric seat covers, and need to be upgraded to the pleather or leather. :huh:

There is a color of material (leather) that is different from the current west leather.

This is probably asking way too much, but could this be the new IFE system being installed? Full I-Pod functionality from Panasonic....being installed in the first aircraft in December......seems like the date coincides well with the new IFE plan.

Link to Story

Some excerpts

Panasonic Avionics is less than three months away from offering full integration of its X Series in-flight entertainment (IFE) system with Apple iPod personal electronic devices (PEDs).

Panasonic reveals to Flightglobal that it currently has two customers committed to iPod integration.

The first installation is scheduled for December.

..... I had one of the head Interior Engineers from they engineering dept. jumpseating on my cabin jumpseat from DFW-PHX yesterday, and he filled us all in on the new interiors and this the information he passed along....

Just curious as to when we began letting aircraft designers/engineers occupy a f/a cabin jumpseat?

Now........If they let flight attendants do the designing......

If they engineer was company I do believe that the west side let others besides flight attendants occupy their jumpseats if no flight attendant is in line for it. Is this correct?

If they engineer was company I do believe that the west side let others besides flight attendants occupy their jumpseats if no flight attendant is in line for it. Is this correct?
He's considered a mechanic, and yes he can sit on the jumpseat. Heck even, Dougie can sit on one too!!! <_< <_<

Well first off I do believe that any f/a would go first. If the j/s happens to be vacant then it can be used by a company person. Hell if you think about it on the 757 you have 8 folks that may have to operate either the 2L or 2R. What would be the difference if you had a "company" person in the j/s if they weren't prohibiting a f/a from using it? I see no difference. At east a maintenance person has more working knowledge of the door inside and out than a f/a but can't sit in the jumpseat if it/s not wanting to be used by a f/a to jumpseat? Why? I know it's in our contract but I don't see the big deal. Again we rely on perfect strangers to do it daily. I'd be fine with it staying.

I think it comes down to that a flight attendant also gets whats going on on the airplane. When to get out of the way, ettiquitte... I can just imagine someone sitting there, spread out with a newspaper while you're trying work in the galley.

I think it comes down to that a flight attendant also gets whats going on on the airplane. When to get out of the way, ettiquitte... I can just imagine someone sitting there, spread out with a newspaper while you're trying work in the galley.

I say flight attendants only, If he is going on company business then they need to give him space positive.

Mechanics are permitted to sit on west j/s if they are cabin jumpseat qualified. They are bottom priority after everyone else.

we should adapt the same cabin jimpseat policy as jetblue. any jetblue employee can occupy the cabin j/s provided that the f/a gets priority. i do not understand why if the seat is going empty why not help a fellow employee out to get somewhere. let me make this clear though. if there is a flight attendant there waiting for the j/s . then that f/a gets priority. we should also let our f/a friends who we have a recip cabin jumpseat policy occupy the cabin j/s as well as a seat. provided that there are no seats available and only the cabin j/s is available and provided that the usairways f/a gets priority. i know it's a union thing not to let this happen but the union needs to get over it . it's becoming the norm . some say that this should not be allowed because some f/a's are not qualified on our planes. i say bulls#it. a door is a door is a door. if they can open a 747,777,or a 717 door. theni am sure they can figure out how to open other a/c type doors. i know we are off topic but just wanted to add my 2 cents. kinda like a whole dollar.

we should adapt the same cabin jimpseat policy as jetblue. any jetblue employee can occupy the cabin j/s provided that the f/a gets priority. i do not understand why if the seat is going empty why not help a fellow employee out to get somewhere.

sky high states: what a can of worms.
Let's get a visual of this now. A321 flying coast to coast with three Jumpseaters (two in the back, one up front), the B, C and Extra all in the back. FIVE BODIES in the back of the aircraft. AND, NO PLACE IN SIT during downtime except IN THE CABIN with the passengers on your jumpseat. Wouldnt it be fun to have John from Accounting on your red eye? Snoring in the corner up front? Opps, sorry can you move, I need the trash cart. And, those seats would be consistently full with load factors..............sooooo, ready to commit to overcrowded galley's????

it's a FLIGHT ATTENDANT "jumpseat"....."we" EARNED the right to seat there!

only stating opinions