Aircraft UPGRADES

I agree Sky High.

As for reciprocal jumpseats, they should be a cabin seat only. It'd be confusing to the customer to be seated in the exit row on a 757 and see a uniformed WN F/A or such in the jumpseat. I hope we get more reciprocal agreements for the cabin- this is one of the best things to happen to our group for a long time.

I do think they should add Piedmont and PSA F/As to be permittted to jumpseat after mainline F/As. IMO they are the only other two carriers who should be allowed to actually occupy a jumpseat.

While it's a "flight attendant" jumpseat I don't see the problem with letting a fellow Usairways employee use it if it's NOT being used by another flight attendant. What's the big deal? You've never had jumpseaters that WERE flight attendants get in your way? As long as all flight attendants that are commuting are cleared I don't see the problem. Just because we want "galley space" we'd consider leaving a fellow employee from a different department behind? I don't get that. Yeah share the love. :rolleyes: Again, we brief ABP's in the exit row of a all a/c. Using the east 757 as an example, you brief EIGHT people that are NOT airline. Some may have NEVER seen that door before yet we count on them to operate it if need be in an accident. You don't think you could count on an employee to help? I mean really. Because you want to stretch out and read a paper. It's an airplane and the benefit of travel goes to all of us. If we can get someone there I'd certainly be willing. As for a jumpseater "in the way" I have told quite a few to make like Michael and beat it. At least for a few. :lol: I usually do that on a full 757. I'll tell the back jumpseater to go take the spare at the 3R door while we set up.

Just because we want "galley space" we'd consider leaving a fellow employee from a different department behind? I don't get that. Yeah share the love.

sky high states: Share the LOVE?......here's what POLICY should change---> UPGRADING NON REV'S TO FIRST CLASS (free of charge).

......plus, I have a problem with turbulence and having to RUN UP THE AISLE TO SECURE MYSELF INTO A JUMPSEAT.

only stating opinions

Well if you were on the 319, 320, 767, e190, 737 300/400 you'd be running and screaming wouldn't ya. Unless you found yourself in the lap of someone in the exit row. Ohhhhh :eek: I certainly would like the auto upgrade to first as well. Wait, do we HAVE first?

Well if you were on the 319, 320, 767, e190, 737 300/400 you'd be running and screaming wouldn't ya.

sky high states: Not necessarily. But, YOU DO get the idea.

Soooo, ok. Give the priviledge to non qualified employees. They get a taste of non reving on the jumpseats and down the road WANT the policy of SENIORITY to rule or FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED "regardless" of flight attendant having first priority. IF THOSE ARE NON REV J-"SEATS", WHY SHOULD A F/A GET THEM FIRST? EVERYONE WORKS HERE!! EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE EQUAL RIGHT TO THEM.

wanna see that become reality?

only stating opinions

sky high states: Not necessarily. But, YOU DO get the idea.

Soooo, ok. Give the priviledge to non qualified employees. They get a taste of non reving on the jumpseats and down the road WANT the policy of SENIORITY to rule or FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED "regardless" of flight attendant having first priority. IF THOSE ARE NON REV J-"SEATS", WHY SHOULD A F/A GET THEM FIRST? EVERYONE WORKS HERE!! EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE EQUAL RIGHT TO THEM.

wanna see that become reality?
only stating opinions

Sky High: I'm totally with ya on this one. F/A's have been specifically trained to assess conditions, yell commands, open doors, and inflate the slide. Other employees have not. Reciprocal cabin jumpseat authority applies to available seats IN THE CABIN. Trust me folks, you don't want to go down this road. The policy is there for a reason...

Sky High: I'm totally with ya on this one. F/A's have been specifically trained to assess conditions, yell commands, open doors, and inflate the slide. Other employees have not. Reciprocal cabin jumpseat authority applies to available seats IN THE CABIN. Trust me folks, you don't want to go down this road. The policy is there for a reason...
Again, we rely on perfect strangers (the flying public) to perform this if your knocked out on the jumpseat....I don't get it. As for the flight deck, we'd still be able to ride up there if it wasn't for some stewardess bragging about flying the plane. Correct? It's STILL priority to give it to a f/a as it's OUR workplace. I just don't see the harm.

speaking of UPGRADES................does the company plan on going "cashless" for inflight products/food/liquor, etc?

(Has this topic been mentioned?)

Seems like the industry trend right now............Frontier, AA, Jetblue, Delta, Alaska, etc.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....5300&EDATE=

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2007/10/jetblue-to-go-c.html

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articl...606092007-1.htm

only stating opinions

And, in other news......to all the USAirways Ladies who venture onto this board. Remember that OCTOBER is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please get checked out. Mammogram or Self breast exam.....................it could save your life.

in loving memory of someone I lost.

only stating opinions

speaking of UPGRADES................does the company plan on going "cashless" for inflight products/food/liquor, etc?

(Has this topic been mentioned?)

Seems like the industry trend right now............Frontier, AA, Jetblue, Delta, Alaska, etc.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....5300&EDATE=

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2007/10/jetblue-to-go-c.html

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articl...606092007-1.htm

only stating opinions

And, in other news......to all the USAirways Ladies who venture onto this board. Remember that OCTOBER is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please get checked out. Mammogram or Self breast exam.....................it could save your life.

in loving memory of someone I lost.
only stating opinions

does the company plan to cashless for onboard purchases? Yes.

does the company plan to cashless for onboard purchases? Yes.

sky high states: Then why invest in new SAFES with the new liquor deposit system?

It should be cashless. LESS THEFT.

only stating opinions

Great reminder Sky High! Worthy of a seperate post actually...

US Airways has said they intend to go cashless, in all areas but Duty Free. It would be in conjunction with the 'revolutionary IFE'.

I have a few friends at Virgin America, and that is a totally cashless operation. You just swipe your credit card on your PTV. You also place your beverage order on the PTV, and the flight attendants deliver the beverages as ordered.

I hadn't thought of that in regards to the cash machines... My guess is non-communication between the inflight departments of the east and the west. They still seem to be very seperated despite a single manual- seperate training departments, service guidelines etc. One hand doesn't seem to know much about the other so they probably didn't think about the possibility of going cashless soon.... or maybe the West has those machines, and they wanted to bring their "treat F/As like children' ways to the big east?

I was on a flight last year where a non-rev F/A was drinking beer while seated in the jumpseat.