East Airbus Reconfiguration

LCC,

While I agree with you on the product, I am not sure a rebranding is appropriate. Also regarding management, I have seen some signs that they will be listening to their high volume high yield customers in the near future--I have had some communication and it is very encouraging.

And Travelpro, fares are higher than they have been in a while--and there are other ways to improve revenue than to take benefits (or perceived benefits) away from your most loyal customers. RATIONAL fares would do that.

I remain convinced that despite recent setbacks for frequent fliers, the management in Tempe is capable and desirous of running an airline, and that unto itself is a refreshing change from what we on the east have had over the past 6 years or more. Furthermore, I think they are beginning to realize the value of their high yield customers, and would hope they will be reaching out to us in the not too distant future.

Also bear in mind that they have their hands full with the completion of the merger and integration, and for that reason I am willing to be a little more patient. Time will tell......

I couldnt be more thrilled to here that!

LCC,

While I agree with you on the product, I am not sure a rebranding is appropriate. Also regarding management, I have seen some signs that they will be listening to their high volume high yield customers in the near future--I have had some communication and it is very encouraging.

And Travelpro, fares are higher than they have been in a while--and there are other ways to improve revenue than to take benefits (or perceived benefits) away from your most loyal customers. RATIONAL fares would do that.

I remain convinced that despite recent setbacks for frequent fliers, the management in Tempe is capable and desirous of running an airline, and that unto itself is a refreshing change from what we on the east have had over the past 6 years or more. Furthermore, I think they are beginning to realize the value of their high yield customers, and would hope they will be reaching out to us in the not too distant future.

Also bear in mind that they have their hands full with the completion of the merger and integration, and for that reason I am willing to be a little more patient. Time will tell......

Well that sounds easy enough and would love to see the 757 with more seats. Not gonna happen though. They said that the west 757's will be used primarily on the Hawiian routes and 757's doing some increased int'l flying. They did mention that some of the 757's on the east are gonna receive ETOPS and be fitted with winglets. We need more f/c seats though on that bird. 8 is NOT enough.

Well that sounds easy enough and would love to see the 757 with more seats. Not gonna happen though. They said that the west 757's will be used primarily on the Hawiian routes and 757's doing some increased int'l flying. They did mention that some of the 757's on the east are gonna receive ETOPS and be fitted with winglets. We need more f/c seats though on that bird. 8 is NOT enough.

The east 757s that are ETOPS will have have winglets installed and are slated to get a 12 seat Envoy cabin.

I have not heard if the west planes will receive the same treatment but my guess would be no.

The east 757s that are ETOPS will have have winglets installed and are slated to get a 12 seat Envoy cabin.

Is 12 Envoy the definite number? That was a question back when it was revealed they would go in for retrofit this Winter. By comparison, CO has 16 BizFirst seats in their 757's that fly transatlantic, so we could only have hoped....

Have the seats been ordered/delivered for installation yet? Anyone know what brand/style?

Is 12 Envoy the definite number? That was a question back when it was revealed they would go in for retrofit this Winter. By comparison, CO has 16 BizFirst seats in their 757's that fly transatlantic, so we could only have hoped....

Have the seats been ordered/delivered for installation yet? Anyone know what brand/style?

Man, wouldn't it be nice to place these kinds of seats on ALL 757's and the 321? I know, just dreaming...too expensive!! But man that would be awesome, but I guess plastic glasses and cutlery would more than cheapen the product.

Who was it a while back that posted the new seat and the picture was a folding lawn chair. I almost lost it when they posted it. :lol:

LCC,

Thank you. There is a lot of work ahead and patience is appreciated.

I have heard 16 Envoy on the transatlantic 757s.

What I think would be just peachy is if all the 757s were reconfiged with 16 Envoy and whocareshowmany Y back in the slave-ship section. Do you know how many top-tier frequent flyers would be absolutely thrilled to get true business class seats transcontinental, and thus would not mind having fewer? Stick lie-flat seats on PHL-SFO and see how many people start flying US again.

Take some, give some. Not take, take, take. Taking 10 out of the A321s and not putting 8 back in the 757s is take, take, take.

I agree with you that the flight attendants must stay awake and have every right to occupy themselves.

What I am saying is that the HP cabin configuration does not help in this situation. These issues have not been as prevalent on US East redeyes, and the existence of more of a buffer between the front galley area and the First Class cabin helps.

I've flown redeyes in cockpit jumpseats and stayed away... sitting in the dark all night. It's not easy, and it's not pleasant, but sometimes it's just your job.

Though you surely agree that badmouthing the company in front of customers does nobody any good. Most airlines have a policy against "talking shop" in front of customers, and I'm sure US has something similar in place.

One thing I will give US: at least there aren't movie presentations on redeyes. Having done numerous AA B757s transcon overnight.... those big CRT monitors that are on for the entire flight allow anybody in any row to sit and read a book without use of the overhead reading light.

Have you tried the newest things since sliced bread...eyeshades and earplugs???? They are in my carry-on bag for EVERY flight. You never know when you'll get some loud-mouthed jerks sitting behind you or crying children. For 10 bucks, you can save yourself from the talkative FA's.

Not enough to make it worth the investment and loss of Y revenue.
What loss of Y revenue? Continental's 757s are configured 16-156 - that's 13 more Y seats than the A321 has.

As things stand right now, I'm happy. But if my US2 transcon upgrade percentage ex-SFO to PHL and CLT goes down in any perceptible fashion on the reconfigured 16F A321s, I'm gone. I'm not going to sit in Y- on transcons. Next year will be the tipping point.

What loss of Y revenue? Continental's 757s are configured 16-156 - that's 13 more Y seats than the A321 has.
Only the international 757s have 16 BF seats. The bulk of the 757s have 24 standard domestic F seats. The international planes fly some domestic routes as tag on segments, but they are not intentionally configured that way for domestic service.

Not true. All of Continental's 757-200s are now configured with 16 BF seats for international service. Only the 757-300s have 24F.
Which is exactly why the long domestic routes are mainly 737-800's and 757-300's. The -200 is on the hub to hub routes and a few on the EWR-LAX, which I suspect is to compete with AA and UA over at JFK for the better biz class product. But I doubt CO would have configured their entire 752 fleet(41 in total, I believe) with BizFirst seating if they weren't utilizing it more on the transatlantic services.

If US opens more European markets to be served by the 752 that they can convert to ETOPS and give Envoy seats to, then it would be nice to see them used on some domestic routes. But the company's recent purchase of more A321's would seem to counter that concept.

Latest posts