Aircraft maint issues

Union Rep comes into shop last night and told us the company proposal was really bad. No signing bonuses, we would get the same insurance as the pilots and flight attendants. No early out money, IAM pension they want to get rid of! I guess it is going to be a long time before we get a contract.

That's funny, cause last week after the union meeting our union reps were reporting that the company proposal had done away with all the TA'd articles, and reverted back to BK type language. The proposal went on to add increased outsourcing of heavy maintenance, the elimination of facilities maintenance, and the reduction of the size of stores. Oddly enough, the pay was okay. Union told the company if they are so proud of it, put it on Jetnet! Company balked.

Nobody knows unless someone (Gary) would post the proposal. The info the IAM was pushing was AA presented a comprehensive proposal on all "remaining" articles. Nothing about eliminating TA'd articles.
This is exactly why every member should know what the company offered. We are getting mixed info from our reps and that leads many to distrust our leadership. Just throw the company's crap out there, what do you have to hide?? These games get extremely old!

The lack of information only spurs rumors and frustrates the membership. It seems to me that this plays into the company hands. The more frustrated the rank and file is. The more likely they will jump on a crappy proposal. The Association would do well to counter this by getting accurate information out to ALL members. Just my 2 cents.

In "Industrial Unionism", which is the type of Unionism the TWU and the IAM together are referred to as the Association, everyone are considered the same and the Mechanics had better to continue to get use to the idea of sharing. The airline plus 7% or 3% must take into the account of the number of members per aircraft. The Association has a larger amount than the competitors.

That's funny, cause last week after the union meeting our union reps were reporting that the company proposal had done away with all the TA'd articles, and reverted back to BK type language. The proposal went on to add increased outsourcing of heavy maintenance, the elimination of facilities maintenance, and the reduction of the size of stores. Oddly enough, the pay was okay. Union told the company if they are so proud of it, put it on Jetnet! Company balked.
Does anyone outside of the negotiations really know what the T/A'd articles say? We are clueless on the articles that are T/D'd. All we know is the number and title. We know nothing on the specifics of each article that they claim is T/A'd. For all we know nothing was actually T/A'd. So if you heard all articles resort back to BK language then it may have never been T/A'd in the first place. We are all in the dark. The Association is a joke. Two dysfunctional unions that won't change their ways. Time for us to change unions.

July 21, 2017

Brothers and Sisters,

The Executive Negotiating Committee met with American Airlines the week of July 17th, in Washington D.C. On the afternoon of July 19th, American Airlines presented their initial proposal covering the remaining articles to your Executive Committee. Upon initial review, the company’s proposal is inadequate and falls far short in providing the contract you deserve. After a year and a half of negotiations with the Company, we are extremely disappointed.

July 21, 2017

Brothers and Sisters,

The Executive Negotiating Committee met with American Airlines the week of July 17th, in Washington D.C. On the afternoon of July 19th, American Airlines presented their initial proposal covering the remaining articles to your Executive Committee. Upon initial review, the company’s proposal is inadequate and falls far short in providing the contract you deserve. After a year and a half of negotiations with the Company, we are extremely disappointed.
They are extremely dissapointed. What about the members being dissapointed, lied too and dragged into the association without a say? Bunch of hypocritical idiots. The dues is all they care about.

WTF is wrong with you? You're being CRUCIFIED on your thread and in your house and again you have the balls to write this crap here. What a ballsy A Hole you are.

And in case you're too stupid (you are) to notice. The Association has NOT agreed to send the Company's POS out for a vote. You're a real cretin.
you are the a hole. Any time someone hurts your feelings by telling the truth about the association you get your feelings hurt. Maybe you should go to to your safe place. I would like to see the proposal just to see what it is . Why want this sorry associating release this. I know why the company want . Your good at name calling aren’t you. You do not know who swamt is so how come you call him names . You have called me and others names because we do not agree with you. You need to be with your buddy n700 in the corn field. Again you have posted 11000 plus post how much is the twu paying you to post your hate full rants on here. And why do you care so much about a/c maintenance .if your not getting paid get a life

you are the a hole. Any time someone hurts your feelings by telling the truth about the association you get your feelings hurt. Maybe you should go to to your safe place. I would like to see the proposal just to see what it is . Why want this sorry associating release this. I know why the company want . Your good at name calling aren’t you. You do not know who swamt is so how come you call him names . You have called me and others names because we do not agree with you. You need to be with your buddy n700 in the corn field. Again you have posted 11000 plus post how much is the twu paying you to post your hate full rants on here. And why do you care so much about a/c maintenance .if your not getting paid get a life

Not bad Conehead. Not bad at all. I may have to rethink my entire life after your expose of me.

Bravo.

Says the Miami fleet service clerk who invented new usernames to post on the Southwest maintenance thread, and is posting in this American Airlines thread. Wow.

SWAMT: criticizing the worthless association is a cardinal sin around here, and the IAM-TWU Association social media coordinator (WeAAsles) won't let you get away with criticism like this.
No offence FWAAA, but do you think I give a fuk? I don't. I will continue to bring to light each and every promise and guarantee this God awful asso. said they would do for these members at AA when they were saying there would be a vote just so they would not revolt prior to the announcement that it was forced upon them.

Reactions: 1AA

Latest posts

Back