Aircraft maint issues

Nobody knows unless someone (Gary) would post the proposal. The info the IAM was pushing was AA presented a comprehensive proposal on all "remaining" articles. Nothing about eliminating TA'd articles.
This is exactly why every member should know what the company offered. We are getting mixed info from our reps and that leads many to distrust our leadership. Just throw the company's crap out there, what do you have to hide?? These games get extremely old!
Again why I say the constant NON-communications from this asso. is complete BS. That is exactly why you guys get all these rumors and they get bigger and bigger when this asso. does not fix their communications with the membership.

This asso. is going to break you guys. It is coming. You guys were promised a vote on this asso., never happened. They promised a pension for all, and now that is not gonna happen. They promised "industry leading contract if you all kept them at the new AA, and that seems to not be happening. They promised all kinds of crap to you guys, what does it take for you guys to pull the trigger and get rid of this completely unprofessional asso. assembled JUST because they were soon to be booted from the property and finally out of our industry once and for all, and that goes for both the TWU and the IAM. Weez cannot handle how right I have been for the many years of how each and every year has turned out for the last 5 years. Especially how this totally dysfunctional asso. was forced upon you guys. No matter how he wants to sugar coat it and put the blinders on, this is in fact the exact same union you guys have had at AA for well over 4 decades. It is in fact the TWU and the IAM together, but with each of them in control every 2 years, how fuk up is that? From the updates I have read as of late, I don't see you guys getting to a JCBA for at least how long we have been at it here at SWA. Minimum 5 years guys. Weez can deny it all he wants to, but when your right on each and every issue that has happened for the last 5 years and not even an employee or a union member of the union representing the members at AA, that my friends is pretty freakin sad.

Reactions: 1AA
This asso. is going to break you guys. It is coming. You guys were promised a vote on this asso., never happened. They promised a pension for all, and now that is not gonna happen. They promised "industry leading contract if you all kept them at the new AA, and that seems to not be happening. They promised all kinds of crap to you guys, what does it take for you guys to pull the trigger and get rid of this completely unprofessional asso. assembled JUST because they were soon to be booted from the property and finally out of our industry once and for all, and that goes for both the TWU and the IAM. Weez cannot handle how right I have been for the many years of how each and every year has turned out for the last 5 years. Especially how this totally dysfunctional asso. was forced upon you guys. No matter how he wants to sugar coat it and put the blinders on, this is in fact the exact same union you guys have had at AA for well over 4 decades. It is in fact the TWU and the IAM together, but with each of them in control every 2 years, how fuk up is that? From the updates I have read as of late, I don't see you guys getting to a JCBA for at least how long we have been at it here at SWA. Minimum 5 years guys. Weez can deny it all he wants to, but when your right on each and every issue that has happened for the last 5 years and not even an employee or a union member of the union representing the members at AA, that my friends is pretty freakin sad.
the twu and iam has brought the amt of all airlines down with all the pay cuts they have negotiated. I knew they were going to get out of having a vote. trumka and money, politics had a lot to do with that. but when all said and done we should have had AMFA by now. I'm sick of no real updates from the union. they need to let us know the truth. we are all adults and can handle the information. weez is a twu troll and his group has made out better with the twu then a/c maint has. I think parker is going to drag this out as long as he can. he likes sending aircraft to 3rd parties the writing is on the wall when he says no line AMTS here when the contract is signed will lose there jobs. this coming from a man who was recorded saying delta plus 7 . he has not been truthful at all. plus they still owe us the 4 percent Christmas raise from 2014 with retro I will add. I'm a restore and more person. we have all been hurt hard with pay and benefit cuts. they cried no profits now record profits it is time for them to pay up. and if the ass fails I hope it wakes all the amts up but after 32 years with AA and the twu kool aid drinkers has me not hopeful of ever getting rid of them.

the twu and iam has brought the amt of all airlines down with all the pay cuts they have negotiated. I knew they were going to get out of having a vote. trumka and money, politics had a lot to do with that. but when all said and done we should have had AMFA by now. I'm sick of no real updates from the union. they need to let us know the truth. we are all adults and can handle the information. weez is a twu troll and his group has made out better with the twu then a/c maint has. I think parker is going to drag this out as long as he can. he likes sending aircraft to 3rd parties the writing is on the wall when he says no line AMTS here when the contract is signed will lose there jobs. this coming from a man who was recorded saying delta plus 7 . he has not been truthful at all. plus they still owe us the 4 percent Christmas raise from 2014 with retro I will add. I'm a restore and more person. we have all been hurt hard with pay and benefit cuts. they cried no profits now record profits it is time for them to pay up. and if the ass fails I hope it wakes all the amts up but after 32 years with AA and the twu kool aid drinkers has me not hopeful of ever getting rid of them.

And yet I'd be willing to bet $1000.00 that YOU never lift a finger.

Did you show up at the DFW Protest? NO!!!!!!

See you here in MIA on August 23rd? NOT!!!!!!

This blog is getting boring. Weasel- idiot, lalilulelo- idiot,
I have had enough.

Bobby Gless.

Edit: I have zero clue who "ATD" is but I have a feeling. He used to post fantastic information and really explained things well. But in the last few months he's become Political and anti incumbent so again I just have a feeling?

And if he's "really" had enough that's too bad. He "used" to be pretty good here.

Last edited:
We have had them at SWA since 2003, not bad with the contract extensions, but we are going past year 5 here real quick, I suggest if you get AMFA, please don't allow the same people you have in charge of your association run your part of AMFA or there will be no change because you will have the same people in charge !

instead of picketing aug23 do the picketing where the NC and company are meeting.
that way you get both of their attention.
just a thought

We have had them at SWA since 2003, not bad with the contract extensions, but we are going past year 5 here real quick, I suggest if you get AMFA, please don't allow the same people you have in charge of your association run your part of AMFA or there will be no change because you will have the same people in charge !

I know that the always angry people on this thread hate when this is pointed out but they really do need a slap of reality quite often I'm sorry to say.

AMFA got 8 (Eight) write in votes at US during the IAM vs IBT contest.

AMFA came into existence 52 years ago by an AA Mechanic and AA Mechanics never went for them.

With the protests against Airline Maintenance outsourcing the TWU is doing the right thing and AMFA was a part of the first one and I hope that continues.

Many people do vote for the same Leaders over and over and over because they're the only ones who actually give a shite enough to get involved and run.

These Mechanics always wind up saying they hate them in the end but they vote for them over and over and over and over. Oops.

I know that the always angry people on this thread hate when this is pointed out but they really do need a slap of reality quite often I'm sorry to say.

AMFA got 8 (Eight) write in votes at US during the IAM vs IBT contest.

AMFA came into existence 52 years ago by an AA Mechanic and AA Mechanics never went for them.

With the protests against Airline Maintenance outsourcing the TWU is doing the right thing and AMFA was a part of the first one and I hope that continues.

Many people do vote for the same Leaders over and over and over because they're the only ones who actually give a shite enough to get involved and run.

These Mechanics always wind up saying they hate them in the end but they vote for them over and over and over and over. Oops.
At least they are doing something, the problem is all unions do well when your employer hasn't gone through bankruptcy, we at SWA wants to point at UPS and say we should have that, and American wants to point at SWA and say we want that, well SWA isn't UPS and American Airlines isn't SWA. The problems start when a union AMFA, TWU, I AM, Teamsters, or your own un house union starts spoon feeding its membership that we can get you all this stuff , when they know they can't. You need to be honest with the membership what you can in reality achieve, and negotiate from there to achieve a contract that most can live with !

At least they are doing something, the problem is all unions do well when your employer hasn't gone through bankruptcy, we at SWA wants to point at UPS and say we should have that, and American wants to point at SWA and say we want that, well SWA isn't UPS and American Airlines isn't SWA. The problems start when a union AMFA, TWU, I AM, Teamsters, or your own un house union starts spoon feeding its membership that we can get you all this stuff , when they know they can't. You need to be honest with the membership what you can in reality achieve, and negotiate from there to achieve a contract that most can live with !

When you look at the items they "supposedly" promised they were going to get you, did they actually promise them or did they allude to it all?

I've seen Unions out there trying to organize low cost carriers by pointing out what people they represent are getting at the mainline. Give me a break. Of course an LCC is not going to be able to offer the same.

737 I think you do notice people also don't like to deal with or even look at realities. What you wrote is 100% spot on.

Bobby "lower your expectations"bless. Your not familiar with? He used to explain things well?
It just shows what an uninformed blow hard fool you are.
Please go elsewhere so there can be an intelligent conversation. Really your lowering the I.Q. of the board. You don't add anything of value, with your childish personal attacks. I haven't been on this board in months and your still here annoying the **** out everyone.

Bobby "lower your expectations"bless. Your not familiar with? He used to explain things well?
Please go elsewhere so there can be an intelligent conversation. Really your lowering the I.Q. of the board. You don't add anything of value, with your childish personal attacks. I haven't been on this board in months and your still here annoying the **** out everyone.

I have zero clue who "ATD" is. I'll edit the comment to make it easier for you to understand.

It appears that the AA guys are further from a JCBA than what the membership has been told. Co. not even putting a thought into the pension with the IAM. No bonuses? And not an industry leading pay offer? And no mention what-so-ever about the outsourcing. This asso. is producing (so far) one iota of ALL the promises they guaranteed you guys. Being this far from an agreement just might be a good time for a representational change at AA for the mechanics. This just pathetic guys. Enough is enough.

Latest posts

Back