Aircraft maint issues

If the IAM receive the same shouldn't the TWU members receive holidays, lower priced medical and full pay sick time? I am hoping you were being sarcastic but I am guessing you weren't.
Welcome to the differences of having two different unions trying to negotiate a JCBA. Headache city guys. When will you guys get that clue?

So GP gave Parker a threat to get it done by end of year. Do you guys think Parker will respond positively? Or wait until next year?

So GP gave Parker a threat to get it done by end of year. Do you guys think Parker will respond positively? Or wait until next year?

I guess the only time the union gets an audience with parker is at town halls or state of the airline.
Or is it just the TWU that cant get face time with the top brass.

I understand what you are saying. We should have not agreed to work on each other’s metal until the AA side was brought up to the same things the LUS side had.
I still feel my friend is entitled to the pay raise and lump sum. I hope the new contract makes every side equal
I would not consider us equal unless the TWU side was given retro holidays and refunds for the extra cost of medical we have been charged. Also to allow those displaced to return to their old stations. If this causes the newly hired IAM who took their rightful spots to be displaced or surplussed then so be it. Lots of wrongs done to the TWU side. Not so much to the IAM side. Sorry to be blunt but your friend does not deserve the raise while those of us in the TWU are left hanging.

Reactions: Flying low
Welcome to the differences of having two different unions trying to negotiate a JCBA. Headache city guys. When will you guys get that clue?
LMAO , Swamt telling them to get a clue , when AMFA can't even bring us a T/A, now going into year six, when every other group at SWA has a new contract , or a T/A they rejected. Even our Rampers and Gate Agents, with their industrial unions have contracts, you need to get a clue.

LMAO , Swamt telling them to get a clue , when AMFA can't even bring us a T/A, now going into year six, when every other group at SWA has a new contract , or a T/A they rejected. Even our Rampers and Gate Agents, with their industrial unions have contracts, you need to get a clue.
Well here are facts from a twu amt . We have lived under a 15 year bk. contract. We did get the pay raise but that was tied to working each other’s metal and plastic 787 . I guess AMFA really did something bad to you to have that much hate for AMFA. I never here you blame Kelly for slow negotiations . Swamt is right getting a contract from 2 unions has not worked out. The iam have not supported the twu at all . I have had a Union who sells us out every contract I voted no on all those contracts . But the twu koolaid drinkers passed them they believed the twu and company lies. AMFA is not going to come back with a industry losing contract .it sounds like you are willing to take any contract. Even a losing one. We get 5 sick days a year first day each ocurance 4 hours paid . We get 5 holidays at time and a half. All overtime is time and a half. They closed down afw. If I had a choice I would take what you guys have and wait for AMFA to bring back a industry leading contract. Look you do not want to give anything away it’s almost impossible to get it back if you ever do. We gave up sick days double and a half on Holliday’s we had 10 holidays. We should of done what the pilots did in the 1113 and turn it down. The judge made them both renegotiate and the pilots got more back, in our bk contract we lost a week of Vc and we lost a week in 03 . But stores got a extra week. The good ole twu felt like screwing the amts again. So swamt has done his research on this association and you have not. So he knows how the twu association has worked for LAA. Amts We didn’t even get to vote on the association I figured that would happen. We do not have any say on the international leaders. Why would they care about us when there making over 250000 a year even the Intl secretary was making 120000 . Why they know that the dues money will pay that. That’s why we have no control in the Intl. That’s why the twu has held us back pay wise to keep more members that got laid off anyway. And in a record time in 03 and during the bk contract. They were done in record time to take pay and benefit cuts including closing afw and outsourcing a/c overhaul to China and Alabama and sat and the 777 seat mods in pae. Our process is further compromised because we gave up so much the company dose not want to give it back. Our union did not even get snap back in 03 are the bk contract. So we lost the 10 holiday language the overtime language where we got double time . At least you have a union that has not gave those benefits up. Now on the iam side there scope is worst then the twu side. So witch side do you think Gerry glass wants in the jcba. I do not want the iam contract either. I want a industry leading one. The iam one is far from industry leading . And we had mechanics like don v who was a mechanic became local president and then in the international he forgot where he came from and put the sword in in the mechanics backs money and greed will do that.,the money he got from the international greeded him out. At least at AMFA we could have recalled him . Plus if I’m not mistaken at AMFA the members vote on there salary.

I am going to guess that the company offer treats the non-mechanics awful. B737 driver, what kind of money and benefits do the non-mechanics at SWA get with their industrial union representation?

Reactions: Hackman
Well here are facts from a twu amt . We have lived under a 15 year bk. contract. We did get the pay raise but that was tied to working each other’s metal and plastic 787 . I guess AMFA really did something bad to you to have that much hate for AMFA. I never here you blame Kelly for slow negotiations . Swamt is right getting a contract from 2 unions has not worked out. The iam have not supported the twu at all . I have had a Union who sells us out every contract I voted no on all those contracts . But the twu koolaid drinkers passed them they believed the twu and company lies. AMFA is not going to come back with a industry losing contract .it sounds like you are willing to take any contract. Even a losing one. We get 5 sick days a year first day each ocurance 4 hours paid . We get 5 holidays at time and a half. All overtime is time and a half. They closed down afw. If I had a choice I would take what you guys have and wait for AMFA to bring back a industry leading contract. Look you do not want to give anything away it’s almost impossible to get it back if you ever do. We gave up sick days double and a half on Holliday’s we had 10 holidays. We should of done what the pilots did in the 1113 and turn it down. The judge made them both renegotiate and the pilots got more back, in our bk contract we lost a week of Vc and we lost a week in 03 . But stores got a extra week. The good ole twu felt like screwing the amts again. So swamt has done his research on this association and you have not. So he knows how the twu association has worked for LAA. Amts We didn’t even get to vote on the association I figured that would happen. We do not have any say on the international leaders. Why would they care about us when there making over 250000 a year even the Intl secretary was making 120000 . Why they know that the dues money will pay that. That’s why we have no control in the Intl. That’s why the twu has held us back pay wise to keep more members that got laid off anyway. And in a record time in 03 and during the bk contract. They were done in record time to take pay and benefit cuts including closing afw and outsourcing a/c overhaul to China and Alabama and sat and the 777 seat mods in pae. Our process is further compromised because we gave up so much the company dose not want to give it back. Our union did not even get snap back in 03 are the bk contract. So we lost the 10 holiday language the overtime language where we got double time . At least you have a union that has not gave those benefits up. Now on the iam side there scope is worst then the twu side. So witch side do you think Gerry glass wants in the jcba. I do not want the iam contract either. I want a industry leading one. The iam one is far from industry leading . And we had mechanics like don v who was a mechanic became local president and then in the international he forgot where he came from and put the sword in in the mechanics backs money and greed will do that.,the money he got from the international greeded him out. At least at AMFA we could have recalled him . Plus if I’m not mistaken at AMFA the members vote on there salary.
The only reason we have what we have is because SWA has always made money, and never went Bankrupt. This last offer the money was there, the overtime rules are the same, the sick policy is the same, 401 K is the same. They are arguing about inspection back fill, guys trading into paid rest, yes we have Zombie mechanics, working 24 hrs. The company offered a 5th C check line for change in work rules. If we ever got anything to read we could make an intelligent decision.We even could done met arb AMFA said no. The problem is, if it wasn't that good vote it down then fix what was the wrong. The other groups did, I guess we are too stupid to do that.

Yes we do vote on the salary as you said. Everything else in your post is 100% correct.

Ok dum a$$. What about scope? You mention nothing about the scope. Do you not even know about the scope the company wants. Get a clue dude. Wait for your RS and ask as many questions as you can. My God the misinformed is sooo lost, please get informed, you are listening to the company only as many were here in Dallas that are now fully supporting the union, and that's why the co. is putting a RS on for themselves to get the membership against the NC to put pressure on the NC to allow this current offer (which is NOT a full written offer) out to the membership vote a vote to gage where they are at. You really need to get more informed driver. Wait for the RS's and get all the info.

Ok dum a$$. What about scope? You mention nothing about the scope. Do you not even know about the scope the company wants. Get a clue dude. Wait for your RS and ask as many questions as you can. My God the misinformed is sooo lost, please get informed, you are listening to the company only as many were here in Dallas that are now fully supporting the union, and that's why the co. is putting a RS on for themselves to get the membership against the NC to put pressure on the NC to allow this current offer (which is NOT a full written offer) out to the membership vote a vote to gage where they are at. You really need to get more informed driver. Wait for the RS's and get all the info.
I know what the offer is, you should've shot it down two years ago.Put your pom poms away!

I am going to guess that the company offer treats the non-mechanics awful. B737 driver, what kind of money and benefits do the non-mechanics at SWA get with their industrial union representation?
Pretty good, Ramper about $35 an hour, 7.3 percent 401k match, same medical as everyone else, same cost.