Aircraft maint issues

Can't shoot it down until NC, who represents the memberships needs, agrees to bring it out. The reasons they cannot agree to bring it out is because it is not what the membership has told them to bring out. They are NOT going to bring out something to vote on just because the weak and spineless have to have a raise. If those guys are hurting that bad for money, they have other issues. No pom-poms driver. At least most of us don't just see the $$$$. Get it in your head, until the company moves on scope we sit. Union is done moving as they have done all the moving towards the company's needs, the company has not moved one iota to the unions needs or ask, it's not our fault that the company left the last few articles including scope and economics to any movement in.
There will come a time where the company will have to get a deal done, until then we sit with our current contract. The pilots got full retro and we deserve the same respect, otherwise we will sit. Just because you and some others are too weak to take a stand for full retro, does not mean we won't get it. The majority of the membership wants it and is demanding it to stop this company from dragging out nego's like they knowing have for the last 5 years just as they said they would with a 5 year pay freeze. The membership (as well as you should too driver) should tell the company during their RS's that retro is a must or no contract. If we let them get away with it they will do it each and every time and get by with pennies on the dollars while always giving the Pilots full retro, the membership will dictate full retro with a no vote (when giving the chance) until the company get it. Remember the company was screaming no full retro for the pilots, then all of a sudden they stepped up and paid them as well as dead pilots, and pilots that left for other airlines, and even retired pilots. I know of a retired pilot that got over 400K in retro payments. All retro for pilots were paid in the form of bonuses, which is fine with me, they can call it whatever they want to as long as we hold them to full retro.

Do Aircraft Mechanics have problems using paragraphs, or is it the backwater High School “some” of them graduated from? “Some”

Seriously?

Can't shoot it down until NC, who represents the memberships needs, agrees to bring it out. The reasons they cannot agree to bring it out is because it is not what the membership has told them to bring out. They are NOT going to bring out something to vote on just because the weak and spineless have to have a raise. If those guys are hurting that bad for money, they have other issues. No pom-poms driver. At least most of us don't just see the $$$$. Get it in your head, until the company moves on scope we sit. Union is done moving as they have done all the moving towards the company's needs, the company has not moved one iota to the unions needs or ask, it's not our fault that the company left the last few articles including scope and economics to any movement in.
There will come a time where the company will have to get a deal done, until then we sit with our current contract. The pilots got full retro and we deserve the same respect, otherwise we will sit. Just because you and some others are too weak to take a stand for full retro, does not mean we won't get it. The majority of the membership wants it and is demanding it to stop this company from dragging out nego's like they knowing have for the last 5 years just as they said they would with a 5 year pay freeze. The membership (as well as you should too driver) should tell the company during their RS's that retro is a must or no contract. If we let them get away with it they will do it each and every time and get by with pennies on the dollars while always giving the Pilots full retro, the membership will dictate full retro with a no vote (when giving the chance) until the company get it. Remember the company was screaming no full retro for the pilots, then all of a sudden they stepped up and paid them as well as dead pilots, and pilots that left for other airlines, and even retired pilots. I know of a retired pilot that got over 400K in retro payments. All retro for pilots were paid in the form of bonuses, which is fine with me, they can call it whatever they want to as long as we hold them to full retro.
Ok clueless I hope your not on the negotiating committee, the pilots got full retro, because stupid they are pilots and they voted the first offer down. AMFA was also stupid as F, for not T/A scope when they had it in their hands, and did an impossible economics package.You know that. You always finish language, then economics is last. We were bending like a tree in a hurricane , giving your precious scope you guys in Dallas claim you need.So now the company knows you can be bought, so when you won't come to an agreement, by the union saying No, guess what the company will let you sit, no Full Retro !

So we have had FSC take over our threads and get them shut down and now we have SW guys taking over. This is not about SW so take your cat fight somewhere else.

So we have had FSC take over our threads and get them shut down and now we have SW guys taking over. This is not about SW so take your cat fight somewhere else.
Old guy you're right sorry for forgetting about it's your board, I will tone it down, save it for the SWA board.

Nice showing this morning outside of the SOTA. AMTs, Stores, FSC, CWA, Pilots all sending a message. I estimate about 500 or so. Of course the IAM was a no show.

The IAM not doing any picketing really chaps my hide. I've brought it up to union reps and they just shrug their shoulders.

Walked the picket line at my station and the IAM was a no show during my march period.

I was in New York on vacation and I went to the New York informational picket at West 42nd Street and Broadway (Times Square). Walked the picket line with my oldest daughter, large turn out and quite a few pilots. I don't remember seeing any IAM shirts there.

Last edited:
The IAM not doing any picketing really chaps my hide. I've brought it up to union reps and they just shrug their shoulders.

Walked the picket line at my station and the IAM was a no show during my march period.

I was in New York on vacation and I went to the New York informational picket at West 42nd Street and Broadway (Times Square). Walked the picket line with my oldest daughter, large turn out and quite a few pilots. I don't remember seeing any IAM shirts there.
Sorry to hear no IAM'ers bothered to show. I believe the weesal has posted that the IAM is showing up and giving support. I guess this is not true then huh? I do support the TWU in their info picketing 100%. I do not understand why the IAM is not there as it just shows how divided these two unions are. I do hope, maybe, you guys will get the support from the IAM in future pickets, but I doubt it. Good luck fellas.
BTW slopoke, I salute you for actually taking time out of your vacation in NY to attend the picket line, it speaks volumes with me as well as others. Thank you and your eldest daughter so much. Just wish the IAM could do the same.

Last edited:
Found out from the AMFA national director that Southwest pulled their airplanes out of Aeroman and they are now being done in the U.S. This leaves openings for AA if they get increased outsourcing. We cannot let them do that.

Found out from the AMFA national director that Southwest pulled their airplanes out of Aeroman and they are now being done in the U.S. This leaves openings for AA if they get increased outsourcing. We cannot let them do that.
What does your contract say about outsourcing, or does American just do it, and tell you guys to grief it?

Latest posts