Aircraft maint issues

Hopefully when the UPS'ers get done voting it will help us out as well as you AA'ers at the table. A new bar will be set if they vote yes for theirs. Their vote is set to be tallied on 2-8-2019 and it will take them somewhere between 65-70 for TOS mechanics.
Good luck to all 3 of us for new contracts in 2019. Hopefully we will all be made whole over these stalled out nego's...

Hopefully when the UPS'ers get done voting it will help us out as well as you AA'ers at the table. A new bar will be set if they vote yes for theirs. Their vote is set to be tallied on 2-8-2019 and it will take them somewhere between 65-70 for TOS mechanics.
Good luck to all 3 of us for new contracts in 2019. Hopefully we will all be made whole over these stalled out nego's...

Yes UPS at the Table will help, but both AA and SW could already have contracts. Didn't UPS have a pension failure?

Yes UPS at the Table will help, but both AA and SW could already have contracts. Didn't UPS have a pension failure?
Yes sir they did. UPS (the company) bought out the option to get out of the teamster pension retirement and it cost the co. dearly to do so at around 6 billion I think. Not sure what they have now as far as retirement but the co. did not want to go any longer with the old teamster pension funds as they have also failed for the past several years and continue to do so.
And you are correct, both SWA and AA should have had contracts by now, long time ago IMO.

Last edited:

The AMT’s at UPS rejected their TA last October and except for what the one guy is saying over on the Freight thread I’m not finding anything (Google) that they secured a second deal.

Not saying they didn’t but I can’t find any news anywhere about it?

Last edited:
Swampy wrong again

https://teamster.org/news/2018/08/teamsters-win-industry-leading-agreement-ups-aircraft-mechanics

They secured an increase in pension contributions.in the failed TA.

https://www.pionline.com/article/20...nal-5-billion-us-pension-contribution-in-2017

They are freezing non-union, not the IBT. In the year 2023.

https://www.pionline.com/article/20170627/ONLINE/170629825/ups-to-freeze-2-pension-plans-in-2023

Google is your friend, I suggest you use it.
The one I was referring to was for the package handlers or maybe the drivers not sure exactly but I do know that UPS did pay big time to get out of one of the failing pensions that were ran by the teamsters some years back.
The offer you speak of for the Aircraft mechanics did get an offer to increase their pensions in the first offer. They have yet to tally the votes on this new offer that will be tallied 2-8-19.
I wasn't wrong just didn't specify which group and how long ago it was. The aircraft mechanics will more than likely never lose their pensions, it would be too big of a blow to the teamsters, but you never know.

The AMT’s at UPS rejected their TA last October and except for what the one guy is saying over on the Freight thread I’m not finding anything (Google) that they secured a second deal.

Not saying they didn’t but I can’t find any news anywhere about it?
New contract offer (2nd one) will be tallied 2-8-19.
Also the same day we wrap up our next sessions with the company.
FYI, one of our original nego's at the table has a relative with the UPS mechanics ranks and I think he has something to do with the union there as well.
If GVP would take the time to go through the UPS threads for their groups he would see I was correct on the UPS buy out on the pension, but I honestly do not remember how long ago it was.

The one I was referring to was for the package handlers or maybe the drivers not sure exactly but I do know that UPS did pay big time to get out of one of the failing pensions that were ran by the teamsters some years back.
The offer you speak of for the Aircraft mechanics did get an offer to increase their pensions in the first offer. They have yet to tally the votes on this new offer that will be tallied 2-8-19.
I wasn't wrong just didn't specify which group and how long ago it was. The aircraft mechanics will more than likely never lose their pensions, it would be too big of a blow to the teamsters, but you never know.
Do you any kind of learning problem?

Can you not grasp what you read?

NO IBT UNION MEMBER at UPS lost their pension. UPS didn’t buyout the IBT for $6 billion. It was a normal pension contributions from UPS to the IBT Pension plans. UPS contributed $7.3 billion dollars into the IBT plans last year.

Read the links.

You have a serious problem understanding.

UPS is ending two pensions in 2023 for their NON-UNION workers.

I even spoon fed you the right information.

What is wrong with you?

You are wrong the national master agreement didn’t eliminate their pension.

Here you go.

Q: Will my pension be increased?

A: The contract provides for a $5.00 per hour increase to pension and health and welfare funds, $1.00 per hour for each year of the agreement. Each pension fund determines whether the new money will result in an increase in the monthly benefit it provides. As you are aware, the financial condition of the pension funds varies widely. The Negotiating Committee cannot make any commitments as to what any particular fund will do with the new money.

Q: Will the UPS Part-time Pension Plan benefits increase?

A: Yes. The monthly pension for employees with 35 years of part-time credited service at any age will increase to $2,275; for 30 years of credited service at any age the increase is to $1,950; for retirement at age 60 with 25 years of credited service the pension is increased to $1,625; and for retirement at any age with 25 years of service the increase is to $1,325.

Q: Are there any additional increases during the term of the agreement under the UPS/IBT Plan?

A: Yes. Effective January 1, 2020, the 35-year pension at any age will increase to $4,300 per month; for 30 years at any age, the increase will be to $3,800 per month plus $100 per year over 30 up to $4,300.

https://upsrising.org/2018/07/24/fr...-the-national-master-ups-tentative-agreement/

You have something wrong with you. This was in their TA it was rejected also. Not sure about a new TA.

Do you any kind of learning problem?

Can you not grasp what you read?

NO IBT UNION MEMBER at UPS lost their pension. UPS didn’t buyout the IBT for $6 billion. It was a normal pension contributions from UPS to the IBT Pension plans. UPS contributed $7.3 billion dollars into the IBT plans last year.

Read the links.

You have a serious problem understanding.

UPS is ending two pensions in 2023 for their NON-UNION workers.

I even spoon fed you the right information.

What is wrong with you?
You have been spoon fed a time or two and refuse to acknowledge it. You funny man!

https://www.labornotes.org/2018/10/updated-teamster-brass-overrule-member-no-vote-ups

You are wrong the national master agreement didn’t eliminate their pension.

Here you go.

Q: Will my pension be increased?

A: The contract provides for a $5.00 per hour increase to pension and health and welfare funds, $1.00 per hour for each year of the agreement. Each pension fund determines whether the new money will result in an increase in the monthly benefit it provides. As you are aware, the financial condition of the pension funds varies widely. The Negotiating Committee cannot make any commitments as to what any particular fund will do with the new money.

Q: Will the UPS Part-time Pension Plan benefits increase?

A: Yes. The monthly pension for employees with 35 years of part-time credited service at any age will increase to $2,275; for 30 years of credited service at any age the increase is to $1,950; for retirement at age 60 with 25 years of credited service the pension is increased to $1,625; and for retirement at any age with 25 years of service the increase is to $1,325.

Q: Are there any additional increases during the term of the agreement under the UPS/IBT Plan?

A: Yes. Effective January 1, 2020, the 35-year pension at any age will increase to $4,300 per month; for 30 years at any age, the increase will be to $3,800 per month plus $100 per year over 30 up to $4,300.

https://upsrising.org/2018/07/24/fr...-the-national-master-ups-tentative-agreement/

You have something wrong with you. This was in their TA it was rejected also. Not sure about a new TA.
So then what I’ve posted clearly shows the Package Delivery didn’t lose their pension, and actually got an increase in their pensions and UPS didn’t buy it out.

Swampy your wrong again.

This is a report (attached) from Credit Suisse on Multi-Employer Pension Plans. On Page 5 there is a chart that shows the position of various company pensions at
their Actuarial Value and their Fair Values. The IAMPF is the 9th grouping down.

Attachments

• Credit Suisse-2012.pdf
    273.3 KB · Views: 173
Back