Aircraft maint issues

This is a report (attached) from Credit Suisse on Multi-Employer Pension Plans. On Page 5 there is a chart that shows the position of various company pensions at
their Actuarial Value and their Fair Values. The IAMPF is the 9th grouping down.

January 1, 2010. I think I prefer what my 401K looks like today and not almost 10 years ago.

Unusual then that I can’t find any “official” information “anywhere” on the Internet?

No news outlets or the IBT webpages either?
I know. The teamsters are also very bad with keeping the membership informed by social media. I've been getting the info from UPS mechanics themselves who are being told verbally. I will try to paste a post from him below if it'll work for me.

I forgot about that one Buck. How soon we forget when it happens all the time, sort of becomes the normal. If I am not mistaken, this came about because of some BS contract language that never should have been in there.

Here's that post pasted for you weez;

Won’t know until Feb 8th... Holiday delays in mail screwed up everyone getting their ballots, (some never saw ballots or they’re were damaged)and voting by prev deadline of Jan28th(think), so deadline extended.

I know. The teamsters are also very bad with keeping the membership informed by social media. I've been getting the info from UPS mechanics themselves who are being told verbally. I will try to paste a post from him below if it'll work for me.

I forgot about that one Buck. How soon we forget when it happens all the time, sort of becomes the normal. If I am not mistaken, this came about because of some BS contract language that never should have been in there.

Here's that post pasted for you weez;

swamt I/WE don’t need you to post anything from other areas of the board. We have just as much ability as you do to go to other parts of the Boards and read it ourselves.

And I read what “some guy” on the Freight Carriers thread wrote and I even commented THERE if he had any links as proof that they are voting on a new agreement?

“He” hasn’t answered and I still can’t find any information online.

So then what I’ve posted clearly shows the Package Delivery didn’t lose their pension, and actually got an increase in their pensions and UPS didn’t buy it out.

Swampy your wrong again.
Look GVP, I had already admitted I may have the wrong group. I don't remember the group I just remember reading an article that UPS had to pay a penalty or fee of some sort to get out of one of their failing pensions. Maybe I used the wrong term "bye-out" but they did pay something to get out of some kind of pension. This all came about back when even some other union pensions were on the chopping block for the second time around and UPS chose to get out of one of theirs. I don't remember word for word but I know I read where UPS paid Billions to get out of it.
It's all somewhere here on these boards as it was all discussed here and even the article was posted too I believe. But I am done going back and looking for old news for folks as it has been some time now.
The time frame I believe was around where one of the IAM (possibly UAL's) pensions were sighting possible failure if something isn't done soon, not saying it was your pensions.
Either way I'm not making anything up, I did read it a while back.

swamt I/WE don’t need you to post anything from other areas of the board. We have just as much ability as you do to go to other parts of the Boards and read it ourselves.

And I read what “some guy” on the Freight Carriers thread wrote and I even commented THERE if he had any links as proof that they are voting on a new agreement?

“He” hasn’t answered and I still can’t find any information online.
Just letting you know where I got it from. As I too could not find it anywhere. And of course we (SWA and AA mechanics) are very interested on what they get in their contract. A possible new bar for the industry like AMFA did at NWA years ago...

Just letting you know where I got it from. As I too could not find it anywhere. And of course we (SWA and AA mechanics) are very interested on what they get in their contract. A possible new bar for the industry like AMFA did at NWA years ago...

Of course I knew and so would everyone else if they read the boards where you got your information from. Obviously you know I read your threads don’t I.

I’m not so sure you should just run with what could be nothing more than rumors or maybe some guy messing with you if you can’t find any “official” information anywhere though?

It’s gullible to just believe anything you read or hear and not check out that information for yourself.

Of course I knew and so would everyone else if they read the boards where you got your information from. Obviously you know I read your threads don’t I.

I’m not so sure you should just run with what could be nothing more than rumors or maybe some guy messing with you if you can’t find any “official” information anywhere though?

It’s gullible to just believe anything you read or hear and not check out that information for yourself.
Whatever. I trust him. It was also posted what the new changes and increases were to the economics prior to the post I posted, and nothing from the teamsters.

Whatever. I trust him. It was also posted what the new changes and increases were to the economics prior to the post I posted, and nothing from the teamsters.

So you trust some unknown poster on a Message Board and not your own common sense that is asking the question why you can’t find this information that they got a second offer from UPS anywhere on the internet?

There are also multiple Teamsters webpages out there that give updates and none of them have any further information besides the rejection last October.

Ever think that you can’t find any information because there isn’t any information to find?

American Airlines Mechanics. Rogallo or Vortillon, Dvlhog, Buck, anyone else?

Have you guys seen or heard anything about this UPS AMT second offer?

Look GVP, I had already admitted I may have the wrong group. I don't remember the group I just remember reading an article that UPS had to pay a penalty or fee of some sort to get out of one of their failing pensions. Maybe I used the wrong term "bye-out" but they did pay something to get out of some kind of pension. This all came about back when even some other union pensions were on the chopping block for the second time around and UPS chose to get out of one of theirs. I don't remember word for word but I know I read where UPS paid Billions to get out of it.
It's all somewhere here on these boards as it was all discussed here and even the article was posted too I believe. But I am done going back and looking for old news for folks as it has been some time now.
The time frame I believe was around where one of the IAM (possibly UAL's) pensions were sighting possible failure if something isn't done soon, not saying it was your pensions.
Either way I'm not making anything up, I did read it a while back.
I have posted all relevant facts showing you that it did not occur.

First you said mechanics, then you said package drivers, both which I have refuted.

UPS has not paid a buyout to get out of any pension.

You can’t post any links to back up your claims.

Just admit didn’t happen. But you won’t.

I have posted all relevant facts showing you that it did not occur.

First you said mechanics, then you said package drivers, both which I have refuted.

UPS has not paid a buyout to get out of any pension.

You can’t post any links to back up your claims.

Just admit didn’t happen. But you won’t.
The guys to the right and left of you agree. Oh wait, there isn't anyone there.
700.jpg

WEEZ to the rescue of his beloved leader.

I'm not outing anyone, I'm just using a meme I found on the web, just like you do...LMAO

You learned long ago (or you should have) anything that goes on the world wide web stays on the world wide web.
Now stop whining and throwing accusations out, just playing your game.

The Watcher, Hoffa, hell I don't know who it is...

That's got to be the most stupid comment you ever made. Northwest used AMFA own language against them to contract stuff out , and lay mechanics off. It started a year after they got their big raise. You forget I have ex Northwest guys on my crew. And the same guy at Northwest that laid them off, is now at SWA.

WEEZ to the rescue of his beloved leader.

I'm not outing anyone, I'm just using a meme I found on the web, just like you do...LMAO

You learned long ago (or you should have) anything that goes on the world wide web stays on the world wide web.
Now stop whining and throwing accusations out, just playing your game.

The Watcher, Hoffa, hell I don't know who it is...

Strange how this new poster hasn’t engaged you at all and yet you’re on his or her ass like a pimple faced boy trying to get a dance with the Prom Queen.

That’s why I asked do you need someone to pay attention to you? What would you like to talk about today?

Back