Aircraft maint issues

Has anyone heard the rumor that Legacy US airways at DFW is getting ready to hire 150 Amt new hires ?
Keep in mind that the association agreement states that the ratio of LAA to LUS will remain the same. So I would guess this is not true. If it was true logic would say they'd have to hire about 300 LAA to keep the ratio.

First, go to Isom's address starting at the 11:30 minute mark
Then go to "Fireside Chat" at about the 19:40 minute mark with Seymour
Thanks for narrowing it down Metal Mover. I usually watch the town hall videos but hadn't watched these.
We should be concerned.
South America has already taken line checks so it's logical that light or even heavy overhaul will be next, especially if AA controls the maintenance and isn't dependent on third parties.
It would be nice to know how big the hangars and or shops are. That could mean a few hundred to a few thousand jobs moving south.

Wishing you guys and gals would not knock the shift swaps until you try them.....be doing them for years, one of the nicer benefits we have.....If you don't like them, simple don't do them but don't crucify those who wish to......as for the back to back shifts, only allowed two in a row......funny though when working OT's keep working the doubles until you drop or hit your maximum according to FAR's....nobody says a word then....

Wishing you guys and gals would not knock the shift swaps until you try them.....be doing them for years, one of the nicer benefits we have.....If you don't like them, simple don't do them but don't crucify those who wish to......as for the back to back shifts, only allowed two in a row......funny though when working OT's keep working the doubles until you drop or hit your maximum according to FAR's....nobody says a word then....

Overtime is 4 hours where I come from.

American has officially notified me that they are going to convert aircraft tow and guide man functions, to and from the hangar in BOS, JFK, LAX, LGA, MIA and SFO, to Fleet Service

They can have it.
And when it snows and they need us to taxi aircraft because they can't use the goldhoffer.
F
U

IMG_2182.PNG

American has officially notified me that they are going to convert aircraft tow and guide man functions, to and from the hangar in BOS, JFK, LAX, LGA, MIA and SFO, to Fleet Service

They can have it.
And when it snows and they need us to taxi aircraft because they can't use the goldhoffer.
F
U

More mechanic's work gone...

I'm not crazy about it Metal. The ghost of 1983 continues to haunt us. All I can say is I'll never bid to do that job. But unfortunately there are going to be high seniority guys in my group that will jump on it I'm sorry to say.

I'm not crazy about it Metal. The ghost of 1983 continues to haunt us. All I can say is I'll never bid to do that job. But unfortunately there are going to be high seniority guys in my group that will jump on it I'm sorry to say.

Nothing we can do about it. the language is the language.
As for somebody bidding the job, you really can't blame em..Trying to prove a point has proved futile in this industry. It is what it is!

It's amazing, however, that they can make these changes with a stroke of a pen, but yet we still have no contract.

More mechanic's work gone...
Hey look Mover, I get you don't want to lose the work but look at it from this perspective, you guys have a skill set that is valuable and you have bigger fish to fry than moving aircraft about. I am sure the intent is the company would rather have you assigned to higher level work.

I mean if you have an electrician and a general laborer you don't ask the electrician to sweep the floor when electrical wiring needs to be done.

Nothing we can do about it. the language is the language.
As for somebody bidding the job, you really can't blame em..Trying to prove a point has proved futile in this industry. It is what it is!

I talked to a Rep friend of mine in NY and he told me it was true. I don't know any more details yet but I do know that our Fleet Presidents were originally adamant about not doing it. If the Company plays hardball on the language it is hard to fight it. I hope there's maybe more to the story?

I talked to a Rep friend of mine in NY and he told me it was true. I don't know any more details yet but I do know that our Fleet Presidents were originally adamant about not doing it. If the Company plays hardball on the language it is hard to fight it. I hope there's maybe more to the story?
Oh it's true. The way I read it, the company CAN reassign this job..But that's just me.
The company wants mechanics to work on aircraft, plain and simple. If you recall, they tried this a couple of months ago in Miami. They backed off.

Hey look Mover, I get you don't want to lose the work but look at it from this perspective, you guys have a skill set that is valuable and you have bigger fish to fry than moving aircraft about. I am sure the intent is the company would rather have you assigned to higher level work.

I mean if you have an electrician and a general laborer you don't ask the electrician to sweep the floor when electrical wiring needs to be done.

I hear ya. Even though some may look at jobs such as moving aircraft, deicing, pushbacks as not aircraft mechanic work, historically it was. It will have an effect on mechanics nonetheless. Less of a choice regarding shift and days off..
Not much any of us can do about it. As I said in a reply to WeAAsles, it is obvious they only want mechanics to work aircraft. the other area where mechanics will be affected are the shops...ground equipment..that is the next to go.

Back