Aircraft maint issues

Thank you TWU for the informational picketing in Chicago. I wish the IAM would do more to help our cause!!!! Keep doing these informational picketing, I really feel that the flying public will notice and start thinking about their safety. Especially that their aircraft maintenance is being done by foreign workers.
The public generally cares about pricing and schedule. They get upset when their flight is late. When they miss their connection because AA delayed their first flight. When they didn't get their upgrade. Those are what the passengers really care about. You will find some that are sympathetic. But how far past the picket line will they care? AA put a letter out saying what they offered. We know it's garbage but it's a PR stunt to see if other employee groups will respond in the companies favor. I look on the bright side. Tomorrow is holiday pay, then I get a scheduled pay raise later this month. Negotiations are still scheduled at a normal pace of two a month. Summer is winding down so the loads drop off and I can non rev a bit easier in the coming weeks. We are finally getting our equity money back. Should I expect more?
Yes I should but I doubt it. Holidays are coming. I suggest we all enjoy them because not much is probably going to happen anytime soon.

I look on the bright side. Tomorrow is holiday pay, then I get a scheduled pay raise later this month.

I'm guessing you've got the holiday off? Holiday pay for TWU members required to work will be at HALF PAY! Enjoy your full pay too IAM.

TWU.........YOU SUCK!

Reactions: 1AA
Thank you TWU for the informational picketing in Chicago. I wish the IAM would do more to help our cause!!!! Keep doing these informational picketing, I really feel that the flying public will notice and start thinking about their safety. Especially that their aircraft maintenance is being done by foreign workers.
Most of the flying public don't care. All they care about is cheap tickets.

Most of the flying public don't care. All they care about is cheap tickets.
They care about saving money, getting there on time, the nice looking flight attendant brings them their drink. They also want their bag to show up ! The only time they would care about foreign maintenance is planes fell out of the sky because of it.

Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo. No one cares about us anyway. Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo we shouldn't do anything. Boo Hoo.

Wow. How about growing a set and at least trying!!!

Sorry folks, but I'm more concerned with the lack of support from the IAM than I am with the public.
And for those of you who think I'm beating a dead horse, no not really, I have a stable full of horses.

Well just being honest but this is the shirt people are wearing again today handing out informational flyers at Wrigley Field. TWU/ NOT IAM. (Maybe they don't want/have the money to spend?)

IMG_3057.PNG

They care about saving money, getting there on time, the nice looking flight attendant brings them their drink. They also want their bag to show up ! The only time they would care about foreign maintenance is planes fell out of the sky because of it.

I agree with you. Then again I can see the FAA and NTSB blaming the dead flight crew, and not admitting that foreign maintenance was at fault.

And when was the last time that happened?

It seem to do a lot of good.....Not! lock the NC and company in a room till the blasted contract is done.

It seem to do a lot of good.....Not! lock the NC and company in a room till the blasted contract is done.

Sounds great avi. So when will Jerry Glass and the other Company Reps be interested in doing that?

"Negotiating for 2 weeks per month is enough"

Doug Parker
CEO American Airlines

I agree with you. Then again I can see the FAA and NTSB blaming the dead flight crew, and not admitting that foreign maintenance was at fault.
You need proof of that. Then you need to pursue it. Then you need to get past the lobbyists and the airline executives. By then we are right where we are today.

Latest posts