Allied Pilots Association: “We Stand with Our IAM
and TWU Brothers and Sisters”
FORT WORTH, Texas (May 21, 2019) — On Monday, May 20, American
Airlines management announced it had filed for a preliminary injunction against
the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers and the
Transport Workers Union of America. Allied Pilots Association President Captain
Daniel F. Carey released the following prepared statement in response:
“If American Airlines management really wants to know what’s wrong with this
airline, all they have to do is look in the mirror. The problems at American Airlines
are not caused by the proud, hard-working men and women of the IAM and TWU.
“For the past five years, the IAM and TWU have been engaged in good-faith
negotiations with American Airlines management. Throughout this time,
management has continued its insistence on offshoring even more of our airline’s
maintenance work in the future. APA does not believe that represents the best
approach to ensuring the highest standards of safety and reliability.
“All of the union-represented employees at American Airlines continue working
under bankruptcy-era contracts, years after the conclusion of the merger with US
Airways. Meanwhile, the executives at American Airlines continue to enrich
themselves through myriad ‘incentive’ programs that are wholly disconnected from
our airline’s lagging financial and operational performance.
“If American Airlines management truly wants to build a world-class airline, they
need to take a hard look at their priorities. Rather than engaging in intimidation and
litigation, they should be focusing on ways to deliver the culture change they have
long promised.
“We stand with our IAM and TWU brothers and sisters in their efforts to maintain
a safe operation and secure a fair contract.”
Founded in 1963, the Allied Pilots Association — the largest independent pilots
union in the United States — is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. APA
represents the 15,000 pilots of American Airlines, including several hundred pilots
on full-time military leave of absence serving in the armed forces. The union's
website is AlliedPilots.org. American Airlines is the world's largest passenger
airline.

Fantastic support from the Pilots and F/A's unions. AA will take notice of this as SWA did here. Once they see that these two groups fully support the mechanics, the company will lose some wind in their attack sails and back off a bit.

Still no word on getting back to the table guys?
Still no word from the judge on the suit to stop the "suppose" job action on the work slow down??
I figured it was just a chess move by the company, just like our companies was.
Amazing how exactly your alls nego's are mirroring how our went to the "T".

Pilots, flight attendants blast American over mechanic lawsuit: 'Look in the mirror'

"I will tell you this: Anybody who seeks to destroy American Airlines, that is not going to be productive," Isom added.

Isom should, look at himself in the mirror, imho, HE is the one seeking to destroy our once proud airline and culture.

The story is getting traction by the local media finally and I believe as things heat up, the national media will follow. Managements desire to stone wall and seek concessions combined with the story gaining attention along with the operations performance in the tank will drive customers away further hurting the bottom line, we can be assured Parker and the other "masters of the universe" wont get any concessions.

There should never be an early out package tied to a contract vote. Period. Those are two completely separate items. Matter fact an early out option shouldn't even be voted on, either you take it or you don't, that simple. Throwing it into a contract vote is just the company trying to drum up more YES votes. Who the hell wouldn't vote yes if you are going to retire as soon as the contract goes thru and you get your buy-out. A very disrespectful move by the company and the asso. allowing it to happen is just as much to blame. Just another matter where the company and the asso. are working together to try and drum up yes votes. No union should allow a buy-out offer be part of a contract vote, period...
If their signing bonus is big enough, because it gets dragged out like ours, it could entice people to retire.

If their signing bonus is big enough, because it gets dragged out like ours, it could entice people to retire.
Except the association want get dues money from a signing bonus so I’m not holding my breath for that are retro . Since still no proposals released from the association who knows what there asking for.

Reactions: B737 driver
Except the association want get dues money from a signing bonus so I’m not holding my breath for that are retro . Since still no proposals released from the association who knows what there asking for.

You should apply for a Management job.

Doesn’t matter anyway, especially since there are no negotiations scheduled. Samuelson scared AA management so bad they are scared to give us anything, we have AA by the shorthairs. Hopefully we will still be negotiating when the next recession hits or Iran and USA are fighting in the staights of Hormuz.

Doesn’t matter anyway, especially since there are no negotiations scheduled. Samuelson scared AA management so bad they are scared to give us anything, we have AA by the shorthairs. Hopefully we will still be negotiating when the next recession hits or Iran and USA are fighting in the staights of Hormuz.
It matters to me I want to know what the association proposals are.

How cool would it be if there was an organization that represents all the unions and can speak as one voice of the working man. Kind of like the AFL CIO, wait, exactly like afl cio, maybe they can speak for ALL mechanics at all airlines about outsourcing safety and airliners.

As it stands with Samuelson speaking for us, it will be seen as a union goon who threatened airline president, about union jobs.

TWU represents SWA FAs and didn’t say anything about SWA outsourcing there OH/safety. To me that just comes across as keeping TWU dues rather then airline safety.

It matters to me I want to know what the association proposals are.
I actually agree, I want to know what I’m being asked to strike for. I’m not going to be one of those Eastern guys throwing away career because union said to. Then take a job at Spirit for less then what AA was offering.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered

WAKE UP FELLAS!!!
Good God, what does it take for some of you to get a clue?
Have you all NOT HAD ENOUGH YET???

WAKE UP FELLAS!!!
Good God, what does it take for some of you to get a clue?
Have you all NOT HAD ENOUGH YET???
Stupid.jpg
The Original

I actually agree, I want to know what I’m being asked to strike for. I’m not going to be one of those Eastern guys throwing away career because union said to. Then take a job at Spirit for less then what AA was offering.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered
That is exactly the feeling of some. Put the place out of business and start over somewhere else. But hey, we'll show Isom and Parker!

Last edited: