Aircraft Maintenance Technician Craft or Class

MetalMover said:
Typical TWU. I don't recall them ever petitioning the government to help the mechanics get classified as "skilled." I guess they didn't want to alienate the larger majority they represent....

+1 ...I am convinced more than ever that the industrial unions the IAM, TWU and IBT have influenced the NMB to keep the mechanic and related class and craft EXACTLY the way it is. They do not want the A@P's to have their own seperate and unique class and craft of their own. These unions have destroyed and kept A@P's on the bottom of the food chain for decades. If you are an A@P certificate holder you are an absolute chump and deserve what you get if you continue to lobby to keep any of the industrial unions I have mentioned.

Reactions: 4 people
lineguy43 said:

+1 ...I am convinced more than ever that the industrial unions the IAM, TWU and IBT have influenced the NMB to keep the mechanic and related class and craft EXACTLY the way it is. They do not want the A@P's on the bottom of the food chain for decades. If you are an A@P certificate holder you are an absolute chump and deserve what you get if you continue to lobby to keep any of the industrial unions I have mentioned.
I couldn't agree more. But this is what the non-mechanic TWU members do not understand. They wonder why we seek different representation.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts