All Aurlines

Light Years said:
The one great thing about that awful show is that it had made alot of people never want to fly that airline. Finally Southwest is p*ssing in it's own pool instead of others for once.
[post="196606"][/post]​

LOL, thats funny. For some reason we have just signed on for our 3rd season of the show, I wonder why? It must really be hurting us, he,he,he.

Hey, maybe the powers to be at SWA that have guided the airline through the most difficult time, (post 9-11), in aviation HISTORY, while making money EVERY QUARTER, should consult you on what is best for our airline?

Oh yea, that may not be such a great idea since you and your loser airline has lost money for so many years in a row now that its enough to make one sick.

OUT, YDAMF, :p .

WNjetdoc said:
Oh yea, that may not be such a great idea since you and your loser airline has lost money for so many years in a row now that its enough to make one sick.

[post="196632"][/post]​

Hey, thats why we're all on medication over here to begin with! :p :shock:

BTW, I wrecked my car today, had to put the dog down and lost my house in a tornado. Care to kick us some more? :up: :rolleyes:

tadjr said:
Hey, thats why we're all on medication over here to begin with! :p :shock:

BTW, I wrecked my car today, had to put the dog down and lost my house in a tornado. Care to kick us some more? :up: :rolleyes:
[post="196636"][/post]​

tadjr, sorry dude, don't mean to sound like that but you guys have a few ******** making the same negative posts about SWA so I feel I gotta respond. Its a reaction I have. When I make a post like that its toward the original poster, not the whole airline, at least thats my intention. In this case it was pinybob and lightyear. It seems like lighyear has a real problem with SWA and gabs about it too much for me. Im not going to let her babble and get away with it, sorry dude.

That was a funny post by you however.

Here we go once again comparing apples to oranges. Some pax luv WN and others do not. More than likely the same with Usairways. The main difference that I see is Luv treats their employees like they are assets to the company. Usairways treats us employees like we are liabilities.

The difference is, SWA knows what they are doing, U do not. SWA looks very simular to PI, which U bought and squashed (Thanks to Norfolk and Southern Railroad).

Heck, does SWA even pay anything for that show? They have their own 30 minute ad on T.V. daily...so does EasyJet in the U.K. I don't live in jolly old England, but I know who the low fare carrier is over there.

U is trying to become "SWA like"; as a last ditch reaction to changing market conditions. S.O.P. for U, react, never be proactive. The plan is no plan. It is only bringing employee costs (wages) down to where they should be if U had expanded over the last 14 years and had some new blood on the property flying many more ASMs, instead of "shrinking to profitability".

autofixer said:
The difference is, SWA knows what they are doing, U do not. SWA looks very simular to PI, which U bought and squashed (Thanks to Norfolk and Southern Railroad).

Heck, does SWA even pay anything for that show? They have their own 30 minute ad on T.V. daily...so does EasyJet in the U.K. I don't live in jolly old England, but I know who the low fare carrier is over there.

U is trying to become "SWA like"; as a last ditch reaction to changing market conditions. S.O.P. for U, react, never be proactive. The plan is no plan. It is only bringing employee costs (wages) down to where they should be if U had expanded over the last 14 years and had some new blood on the property flying many more ASMs, instead of "shrinking to profitability".
[post="196773"][/post]​

autofixer, no we do not pay a nickle for the show. Im not sure if this is the same but who is the entertainer that said publicity, "bad" or "good" is still publicity and will sell more of what you're trying to sell.

Not sure if it applies to airlines but our bookings are very, very strong....is the show helping? Im not too sure....is it hurting our bookings? I think not.

Re: Tadjr & dog. Sorry to hear that, many of us know what its like to lose a belved pet.

If you must continue to have a dog, let me suggest a Border Collie. Downside is they are very active, neurotic, and need some space. Upside is they are birlliant. I don't think I have ever seen a Border Collie that was not smarter than your management.

If you do steer awat from dogs, which we did a few years ago....let me recommend guinea pigs. Docile, lovable, personable....guinea pigs are not biting rodents that dont interact with humans (well, except to bite them). We ended up with a pair of guinea pigs by accident about 4 yrs ago and now we wouldn;t trade them for anything.

Re: U & WN. The big difference is U has good people and bad managers. WN haas good people and good managers. For all the squawking back and forth about the trailer trash product of WN or the highfaluting luxury of Envoy Class...the real bottom line is what you end up with, when all is said and done, is a plane ride.

Re: TV Show Airline. I have often heard the quote attributed to the the late Eddie Rickenbacker (of Eastern) that a plane crash was worth a million bucks in free advertising. I think that's the deal with the TV show. Does it show WN in a flattering or unflattering way? Some of both, actually. Do people who happen to catch the show get reminded that there is a low fare airline by the name of Southwest? You better believe it. Hence signing on for the 3rd season.

BTW it would be a real boring episode but maybe, since Houston Hobby is getting added to the showcase for the enxt season.....they will devote an entire :30 episode to us watching 137 suits get on and 137 suits get off 737s at 30 minute intervals on a weekday between Dallas & Houston. That isn't grandmaw, Joe College Student, or Bubba the Redneck occupying those seats and paying full fare.

FYI: On the commuter markets. Between Dallas and Houston in Q403, the walk up fare was (as I recall) $93 with advance purchase fares hovering in the $34-$39 range. Southwest managed to extract an average fare of $85 each way. Rough and dirty math has close to 85% of the paying passengers paying the full walk up fare in that market. So the passenger base is not strictly "cheap trashy people."

I've said this before but it always bears repeating. The problem with USAirways is not its employees (well, except for maybe one A320 Captain who strikes me as the reincarnation of Eddie Haskell) but the way the whole airline is put together. Eviscerating the wage scales does nothign except buy a little time, and it doesn't do much of that. The whole system needed to be scrapped and rebuilt from scratch. Frankly, I have not seen any indication that the management has either the smarts or the cojones to do that. Looks to me like liquidation after the first of the year.

ELP_WN, I agree with ya! Our manager said the same thing about A&E only showing just normal stuff, no one would watch. Its not in the best interest of employees of other airlines thinking the show is hurting us, because it aint, :p . Its free advertising.

Plus there is a poster who works for U saying the town and people of Philly are trashy and its a perfect fit for SWA, as we fly trashy passengers. Well if the show is full of trashy passengers, and we fly trashy passengers then how can the show be bad for us, as she has pointed out, doesn't make much sense, ehh little f/a? he,he,he.

Again, free advertising and its showing up on our bottom line, if its was bad for SWA my thinking is there wouldn't be a 3rd season. Face it folks, you may hear some people don't like it but many more do. Plus for the first 7 months of 2004 SWA has passed Delta for 1st place in terms of passengers boarded....lets see, umm, sounds like MORE people are flying us to me, not less, :p :p , sorry my philly f/a.

PineyBob said:
To all of the SWA rooter and bashers of US Airways. My favorite airline might be on the ropes now but hope springs eternal and remember luck changes the sun doesn't shine on the same dogs arse everyday.

Besides based on what I hear some of the natives over there aren't all that happy right now.
[post="196983"][/post]​

You mean with 30,000 plus employees that there are possibly SOME unahappy folks? WOW, :blink: . No one is making them work here, but I personally don't know of any nor do I know anyone else that knows any, but Im sure they are out there......HEY WHERE ARE YOU UNHAPPY SWA EMPLOYEES?