In Case You're Wondering What Will Happen...

700UW said:
NFS,

You just don't get it.
Actually, I thought he "got it" pretty well. Now, he did make a comment about me towing the company line. I'd like to explain that a little. I love what I do. I've never wanted to do anything else. While I have many varied interests and don't fly when I'm off, I do love going to work, seeing my friends, greeting the pax and giving them the best ride I can. I love flying the A320 and I'm committed to giving all I have and all that is expected of me until the day I retire. BUT, I do NOT support the methods employed by management in their treatment of the labor groups or the way our operations are structured. I agree that we have been abused and alienated repeatedly for years but I have NO control over that and I try to do my job the best I can within the guidelines that have been layed out. I also do not support the union mantras as they present themselves or the politics that go along with them. I simply cannot understand why grown men and women cannot sit down at a table and be honest and respectful of each other and work out their differences. Management and labor continuously draw lines in the sand with each other...a practice that I view as completely counter-productive. What we need is dialog, but that is NOT what is happening here. We have fingerpointing, a practice that KIDS employ when they don't like the situation they're in.

IMO, what we need is a plan, but there has not been a plan presented EXCEPT to survive. As has been stated many times on this board, if our only goal is to survive, then survive is all we will ever do. Survive doesn't mean grow, or thrive or prosper. It simply means maintaining the status-quo for as long as possible.

The cure for all this IMO is leadership but you won't find it in CCY and you damn sure won't find it in your union hall.

A320 Driver B)

JayBrian said:
That fat lady is Kate Smith. She used to sing God Bless America before Philadelphia Flyers games in the early 70s and they were sucessful with their fat lady good luck charm.

:D

Jay
It's interesting that NYPD would choose Kate Smith singing as an indication that things are coming to a close. It's ironic, actually, since Kate Smith singing Irving Berlin's "God Bless America" was the very first thing broadcast on commercial television. That signature number of hers is the TV era equivalent of Alexander Graham Bell's: "Watson, come here," which were the first words said over his telephone invention.

So, this particular lady's song OPENED the era of television. It's hardly an indication of an imminent closure!