All Hot Meals Gone Domestically

Get over it....all this fretting over a meal.

The OP switched for reasons other than a cardboard meal.

Someone who spends $50K per year on airfare does not lack the resources to obtain a good meal.

Hey, did WN or B6 lose pax because of meal service?

There are larger unspoken issues here...

Sorry the devil is in the details. Decent meals for regular customers cut down on the stress of travel, getting to the airport, tight connections...that's a long flight from PHL to SFO or SEA. :down:

Yet again, the immortal Bethune quote comes to mind:

"You can make a pizza so cheap, no one wants to eat it."

Why do people, on the margin, choose to fly US? DM miles
What's the major draw of DM miles? Upgrades to F
Why upgrade to F? It's a better product

If the only thing distinguishing F from Y is the bigger seat, then you may as well fly AirTran. JetBlue may not give you the bigger seat, but at least you'd have some TV to watch and probably a better choice of snacks.

PhillyFlyGuy said:
I was told it was due to lack of US catering personnel. Therefore they went to temp BOB product.
[post="245434"][/post]​
And you believed them?

US Airways does NOT use its own employees to cook the food, a vendor prepares and cooks the food.

Where US has its own catering personnel, they only deliver the food, ice, drinks, snacks and dry goods, I think there is only US catering in CLT, PIT, PHL, LGA and DCA, the rest are vendors. There is no shortage of personnel in CLT or PIT or LGA.

And vendors do the catering at LAX, SFO, SAN, SEA, PHX, DEN and LAS, so please tell me how US Airways is short on catering if US Airways does not prepare nor cook the food nor transport it to the planes where there is no catering staffed by US Airways own workers?

So whoever told you was full of it.

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Get over it....all this fretting over a meal.

The OP switched for reasons other than a cardboard meal.

Someone who spends $50K per year on airfare does not lack the resources to obtain a good meal.

Hey, did WN or B6 lose pax because of meal service?

There are larger unspoken issues here...
[post="245429"][/post]​

very well put; why would anyone need a large meal on a 4 5 hr flght (that is usually between breakfast /lunch or lunch /dinner)
even when they served their best it was crap food anyway, wine champagne,coffee, dessert the cheapest ( i know because i used to get the inflight magazine wine list and go shopping for it at the local store ===2 to 5 dls per bottle)

i dought ISP AND THE LIKE IN THIS FORUM ARE USAIR CUSTOMERS.

a nice tray with some assortment of cheese,fruit,nuts,bread, sweets combine with GOOD COFFEE,GOOD WINE AND GOOD CHAMPAGNE( i say GOOD not necessarely expensive) will save money and retain/gain happy customers

LONG LIVE USAIRr :up: :up:

Remember when they would not give the full can of soda to passengers?U was the laughing stock of the airline business.Penny wise and dollar foolish. :down:

umech said:
i dought ISP AND THE LIKE IN THIS FORUM ARE USAIR CUSTOMERS.

LONG LIVE USAIRr :up: :up:
[post="245445"][/post]​

D O U B T

And there are a lot of US customers that are on this forum along with the employees. I'm still trying to figure out why I care so much about US anymore because it sure isn't the ability to get me to my destinations anymore in a timely manner.

So it must be the employees like Art and a few others have stated. In truth I think it's nothing more than a comfort level for me. I know what to expect from US that the other airlines don't always give you.

Sad. :eek:

I think US should go to Economy only on it's core short haul flights (737s, EMBs and RJs), having two cabins on the Airbuses only. Save First Class for the transtatlantic, transcon, and Carribbean routes, and make it worth it. Use the money you're saving on pulling it out of BUF-PHL, and provide a real, grown-up airline FC product on PHL-SEA.

It's really embarrassing how low the service levels are now. Wake up US, you're not an LCC- you're just a network legacy (the one most dependent on it'n network) acting really cheap, and pushing people to either the other legacies or the LCCs, all of which have better service.

From what I heard from multiple FA's, the company cancelled it's contract with Gate Gourmet because it's being run by Dave Siegel. They don't expect to have any other company pick up the slack due to CH 11.

LSG is the caterer in CLT, and that's where primary catering for the entire day will be done for the entire fleet! Each aircraft will get 1 case of water for FC and 1 case for coach.

I think what most do not realize is that USAirways is fighting for survival, and that every penny counts. They being forced to cut costs any way and any where they can.........except of course EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION!!!!!!!!!! :down: :down:

So? Who wants to fly on the penny-pinching airline? They can't give a First Class passenger a meal or a full bottle of water? What else are they skimping on is what people think, and worry about safety.

Why would a customer stick around to pay big money to fly first and get a nasty snack box when they can fly all of the competition, bankrupt or not, and get service for thier money?

My clients always tolerated me paying F/C fare, and this had me Chairman's Preferred for many years. The thing that really got me was after 9/11 paying $1,700 for PHX-PHL round trips in F/C and getting that sealed "food" pack that was something that would be a give-away at a camping weekend. Four hours with 1,000 calorie snack that wouldn't qualify for a sweet appetizer was an insult.

I wrote to Gangwal and consumer affairs but never heard a reply.

US has always used LSG where possible and you don't get catered in CLT only.

I dont think US uses GG anywhere.

dash8roa said:
Remember when they would not give the full can of soda to passengers?U was the laughing stock of the airline business.Penny wise and dollar foolish. :down:
[post="245448"][/post]​

MR. TO ANY NORMAL PERSON a drink of 6 to 8 oz is plenty, if you are thristy you ask for another, on average after 8 oz people loose interest and the drink will go to waste

12,16,22 oz coffee, sodas just thinking about it makes normal people walk away from it.

Back