What do the flight attendants want/need onboard

LCC
Q-When flying FC, sometimes the F/A's take meal orders front-back...sometimes back-front. What's the deal here?

A-Oh the controversial meal order ORDER.One day maybe US will catch up with the year 2006 and provide a system of ordering in advance. Meannwhile, the East f/a procedure is front-back at all times. I do believe (Westies correct me) one way is front/back, the other way back front out west. I'm sure that change will come soon.

On the west: If we are leaving PHX/LAS to XXX BOS/etc... we go from front to back with our meal orders (rows 1-3 or on the 757 (more rows)

IF we are flying back to our base (PHX/LAS) from XXX. We ask passengers in F/C there meal choice from back to forward.

Its a nice process... however, no matter how it works. I hate being the FA that must tell everyone... I'm sorry we are out of such and such.
I feel kind of bad about it. But our meal choices are to change to your east way 70% one meal and 30% the other meal. OR so its been said....

On the west: If we are leaving PHX/LAS to XXX BOS/etc... we go from front to back with our meal orders (rows 1-3 or on the 757 (more rows)

IF we are flying back to our base (PHX/LAS) from XXX. We ask passengers in F/C there meal choice from back to forward.

Its a nice process... however, no matter how it works. I hate being the FA that must tell everyone... I'm sorry we are out of such and such.
I feel kind of bad about it. But our meal choices are to change to your east way 70% one meal and 30% the other meal. OR so its been said....
Thanks, thats whats I thought.

We at east did the same thing before 911 when we had the full meal service up front. It was taught in training of "how the west was won". We started at row 1 going west and the last row of f/c going east. It kept the service even for those flying back and fourth. They got their choice first. I hope we go back to that practice.