What do the flight attendants want/need onboard

As for the water being expensive, most give out the bottle on longer flights to our f/c passengers who request it. It will never change. It's not being lazy, it's giving the working business passenger the ability to pour their own water rather than sit there by their chair and keep pouring. Just because other carriers do something doesn't mean we have to always be a follower. I'm sorry but going to one type of water bottle though probably a savings can't be that much.

Its all about giving a consistent service.

Have you ever had a passenger say to you " they did it on the last flight, or I was allowed to on the last flight" It is no fun being on the receiving end of that comment from a passenger, you only look like the bad guy when your actually doing your job properly.

I suggest to continue a consistent service as our passengers will have to get acustomed to the changes, just as the workforce does to comply with them.

It's a little hard sometimes to be consistent with the passenger when the changes here at Usairways are happening daily. The company can't even make their minds up and we are to follow? They will find a cure for cancer quicker than they will find a convenient way to set up a damn beverage cart. :rolleyes:

It's a little hard sometimes to be consistent with the passenger when the changes here at Usairways are happening daily. The company can't even make their minds up and we are to follow? They will find a cure for cancer quicker than they will find a convenient way to set up a damn beverage cart. :rolleyes:

Welcome to our world! Change is always happening.

We were given a 215 page workbook w/3 tests just for Phase 1 of integration training. Just wait til you receive your major integration training and testing coming soon to a East FA soon! "Preparing to Disarm" Verified!" Disarming"

"A" FA, take your last walks past overwing while they last..that will be changing very soon for the East.

Its one BIG happy family!

The wing thing will NEVER happen... trust the east when we tell ya. It's not FAA either so whatever. They are going to keep an eye on this with all crews and trips that originate in BOS, LGA, PHL, PIT, DCA and CLT on top of PHX? It's a stupid rule and will never be adhered to. Arming and disarming a door is serious for the lack of a disarmed door can result in someones death let alone costly. Walking over a wing will NOT prevent you from stopping a terrorist if there is one on your unlucky flight. Get real.

The wing thing will NEVER happen... trust the east when we tell ya. It's not FAA either so whatever. They are going to keep an eye on this with all crews and trips that originate in BOS, LGA, PHL, PIT, DCA and CLT on top of PHX? It's a stupid rule and will never be adhered to. Arming and disarming a door is serious for the lack of a disarmed door can result in someones death let alone costly. Walking over a wing will NOT prevent you from stopping a terrorist if there is one on your unlucky flight. Get real.

Yeah you will get "real" when you are disciplined for failing to comply with policy. Just the facts sir! Remember there are ghost riders on both East and West flights.

Also, I wouldn't want to be the one that was responsible for having a terrorist take over my aircraft due to the "A" fa being too busy hanging out in the aft galley when they were responsible for montioring the forward section of the aircraft. JMHO

I have not been on a flight where the A sits in back and neglects the f/c cabin. You are always up there. The point of NOT being allowed to run through the cabin real quick to p/u trash is stupid. The exit row is half the plane in most cases or at least a good distance from the flight deck. So whats the difference if you went that extra row? It is just one of the things imposed on you poor folks in PHX that are micro managed. THAT kind of stuff won't fly trust me. I'm not saying it's right or makes you some bada$$ flight attendant for breaking a policy but c'mon. So are we to point out that "this" is the flightdeck door and you are not permitted to enter too? Like people are that ignorant to not know the cockpit is up front? I guess we'll stand there like Wonder Woman with our crossed arms and that leg spread stance and say "You are not permitted sir with the knife". If your there you try not to get hurt. Let the guys do their job. The terrorist isn't getting through the door anyway unless they have a gun maybe and if thats the case what in hell are YOU going to do? Bottom line....DUMB DUMB DUMB.....and it most likely won't be followed. get over it. :lol:

Welcome to our world! Change is always happening.
We were given a 215 page workbook w/3 tests just for Phase 1 of integration training. Just wait til you receive your major integration training and testing coming soon to a East FA soon! "Preparing to Disarm" Verified!" Disarming"
"A" FA, take your last walks past overwing while they last..that will be changing very soon for the East.
Its one BIG happy family!

sky high states: OUR WORLD? When's the last time YOU went through a merger? USAirways F/A's have been through several integrations; Including New Aircraft, new Cabin Service/First class, new service procedures and products.
Both merger groups of F/A's, PSA, PI AND US enduring "merger" changes for years. Dont expect any Phase to be written in stone, trust me, you will see the inexperience of the west make change, change it back, then change it again.

And now, welcome to MY WORLD. :up: :up:

only stating opinions

Ya know, some of this stuff really does get amusing....

If I've got this right, it's unsafe for the F/A's to all be in the back of an E190, even though they're closer to the cockpit than if they're all gathered at the wing on a 757.

Likewise, it's unsafe if there's not a F/A in front of the wing on a 737-300/A319, although the back of those planes is as close to the cockpit as mid-cabin on the A330.

Maybe whoever, in whatever cubicle, made up some of these rules needs to get out more.....

Jim

All I can say is that IF this silly "not pass the exit row" rule DOES come into effect, the first time I am disciplined because I was coming to the aid of a pax while the f/a in the back had to pee and was unavailable, I will drag this company thru the ringer with every press in the country. Great PR US Airways will have in explaining why the f/a's in the front stood by and watched Mr. Jones die of a heart attack. The press will have a field day!! :lol: :lol:

Also, I wouldn't want to be the one that was responsible for having a terrorist take over my aircraft due to the "A" fa being too busy hanging out in the aft galley when they were responsible for montioring the forward section of the aircraft. JMHO

Does the West not have reinforced doors? How can the terrorist take over YOUR aircraft if they cant get in the cockpit? Hum, the f/a's on 9/11 got their throats slit. Sounds like to me the back of the bus might be a pretty descent place to hang. What's the terrorist going to do then? Announce where's the f/a? You have to get up here and open the door or I'll slit your throat. HELLO?................. :unsure: ............F/A?................... :unsure: .........................Stew?............................ :unsure:. ........................anybody?........................... :unsure: ......................allah?..................................... :ph34r:

OHHHHH NO! ! You WILL follow the rule...UNDERSTAND? Is THAT how they put it to you all in PHX? That is how it comes across in posts about policies and procedures out there. Anyone else sense that or is it JUST me? This is sooooo stupid. I can't wait until the next time I have one of those trips on the west so I can serve the whole damn can. :lol: :lol: :lol: Honestly, many don't adhere to policy though they should. The COMPANY does not follow policy so don't preach to a flight attendant for not following it either.

OHHHHH NO! ! You WILL follow the rule...UNDERSTAND? Is THAT how they put it to you all in PHX? That is how it comes across in posts about policies and procedures out there. Anyone else sense that or is it JUST me? This is sooooo stupid. I can't wait until the next time I have one of those trips on the west so I can serve the whole damn can. :lol: :lol: :lol: Honestly, many don't adhere to policy though they should. The COMPANY does not follow policy so don't preach to a flight attendant for not following it either.

Travelpro, do as they say or they'll take away your nine hole tray. :afro:

All I can say is that IF this silly "not pass the exit row" rule DOES come into effect, the first time I am disciplined because I was coming to the aid of a pax while the f/a in the back had to pee and was unavailable,

sky high states: Exactly! Last time I checked, the AED is in the BACK OF THE AIRCRAFT. And, if this silly procedure is for safety, anyone know what OTHER AIRLINE follows this rule???? Or why it isnt FAA mandated?????

only stating opinions.

sky high states: Exactly! Last time I checked, the AED is in the BACK OF THE AIRCRAFT. And, if this silly procedure is for safety, anyone know what OTHER AIRLINE follows this rule???? Or why it isnt FAA mandated?????
only stating opinions.

Guys/Gals I think that the "new" us airways wants to make this policy due to this kind of thinking.
They are afraid of us not paying attention or something. Just always been my thought in re-current and new hire training.
Just always thought that is why.