All Hot Meals Gone Domestically

JS said:
Do trolls have a stack of boarding passes and an annual travel budget of $12,000
[post="246998"][/post]​
In a word, yes.

OK, folks, you've all made your point. We get it. There are those who wouldn't be satisfied if the FAs were all young blonde bombshells who offered free sexual favors. We get it.

Carrying this particular subthread forward is only going to degrade into a shouting match and accomplish nothing.

I think that's a valid complaint, especially when it was concerning a flight from the Caribbean, a market US needs to survive.

Dear All,
I never thought I would see 6 more pages off of the comments I made on the F/A's on my last flt. My complaint was not really about no service between CLT-RDU. I did not expect any as block time is only 26 minutes. That group just stood around and said nothing and offered no help to customers that were confused on seat asgn. They had a few older couples with bad vision and backs and could have used some help with seating and bags. I ended up helping them with seats and their baggage.

My complaint was with the ones on PUJ-CLT that had block time of 3:45 minutes to serve that snack box and drinks. They had to serve what management makes them serve but they did not help with connection information or help with what to expect for customs in CLT. I don't think that is to much to ask for no matter what you paid.

I did not mention that I flew on one 737-300 on RDU to CLT that had more blue paint missing then was on it. Everyone in RDU boarding area was looking at it and saying it looked bad and was it safe. I know a good paint job does not make a jet safe but it does leave a bad impression on you. I have flown AA when they still flew 727-200 and had them polished up shiney. Psr's in the AA boarding area would say look we are flying on a new plane today. They had no idea that the plane was 20 years old. I realize it is flight time, cycles since last maintinance that matters more then age but the flying public does not.

My beef with US is with US Mgt. The front line people can only do what they are given to work with. However, there is no excuse for being rude or not helping customer because they somehow know what fare we paid.

I have family and friends that still work at US so I hope it some how makes it. I did not like what I had to sell as a product going from PI to US so I took a buyout and went on with my life. There is life after the airlines and I enjoy not have to worry about riding on passes.

JS said:
US could do the same thing on CLT-RDU or even CLT-GSO and PHL-BWI. Pass out bottles of water or OJ and a snack before take-off and let people do "self-serve" during the flight.

Sky high states: this company has how many MILLIONS of customers PER YEAR?
30 MILLION? 40 MILLION? The industry USED TO use inflight service as a competitive tool, but the low cost carriers are dictating the cost of every carrier. And, because of that, FOOD IS GONE. (except buy onboard)
Even the USAirways SHUTTLE doesnt offer the bistro bag anymore!

JS said:
Express service would be fine with me. It can be done on a short route like RDU-CLT if you pass out bottles rather than pouring one drink at a time.
[post="246698"][/post]​

I remember getting the "frozen" lemonade cups on RDU-CLT back in the late 80's. That hit the spot when it was 90 on the ground! Seemed like we had barely gotten out of RDU and was circling south when the FA's were handing it out.

Latest posts